Jan 17, 2017
Anybody going to any games tonight?
Some goods ones that can affect the play offs

Laurel vs Woodbridge
Lake Forest vs Appo
CR vs Newark
Newark Charter vs Caravel
Friends vs Sallies

Still undecided on Appo @ Lake or Newark @ CR...interesting Henlopen South game Woodbridge @ Laurel could have big impact.

Reactions: DDBasketballCoach
The Friends - Sallies game is at Friends at 7pm. Its supposed to be on 302sports & Fox Sports 1290.

Not sure if that was because of the snow or not, but the Henlopen South has had some strange home and homes as of late.

Howard up on William Penn 53-31 after 3 quarters...smh

Howard trying to get that 4-point win to slide back in the tournament talks.

They would still need a couple of teams in front of them to lose, so it's a long shot. If they had beaten Newark on Tuesday, they'd have a better chance.

Caravel leads Newark Charter 43-15 at the half...so much for that cupcake schedule.

Caravel 43, Newark Charter 15 at halftime.
Red Lion 31, AI 28 at the half.
Howard 74, Penn 50 FINAL. Penn must be missing some guys or something, but Howard finished the regular season 10-9, so give each of Howard's opponents 1 point.

Reactions: J12
Is Alderman no longer playing for Caravel?? I haven’t seen his name in the box scores. Piggy backing on that they seem to be better offensively since his name hasn’t been appearing in the box scores any correlation??

Lake - 74
Appo - 50

Solid win for Lake. Let’s see how bad they look against Seaford next week lol

75-51, Caravel beats Newark Charter. Bucs 13-5 with DMA and Hodgson remaining, so it looks like they'll get to 15 wins and each of their opponents will get 2 bonus points instead of 1.

Reactions: sals2011
Caravel 43, Newark Charter 15 at halftime.
Red Lion 31, AI 28 at the half.
Howard 74, Penn 50 FINAL. Penn must be missing some guys or something, but Howard finished the regular season 10-9, so give each of Howard's opponents 1 point.
Wall been out last 4 games for Penn.. Dont know wats going on but it seems like Penn falling apart..

Red Lion wins 70-61 getting them to 15 wins and earning an extra bonus point

Does anybody got a score for Newark-CR
I was told CR won by 2. I have never seen downstate dominate upstate like this year...upstate not having too much luck w/ the downstate teams & that includes the better/best teams upstate too. Only way the Chip makes it upstate this year is by way of Sanford in my opinion.

I was told CR won by 2. I have never seen downstate dominate upstate like this year...upstate not having too much luck w/ the downstate teams & that includes the better/best teams upstate too. Only way the Chip makes it upstate this year is by way of Sanford in my opinion.
I’d still be surprised to see 4or more down state teams in the quarter finals. Smyrna and Cape are definitely 2 of the best teams I seen this year but they both are beatable. Foul trouble with any of their starters would really hurt both teams. I felt depth is both of their weaknesses

I’d still be surprised to see 4or more down state teams in the quarter finals. Smyrna and Cape are definitely 2 of the best teams I seen this year but they both are beatable. Foul trouble with any of their starters would really hurt both teams. I felt depth is both of their weaknesses
That depends on how the brackets pan out but 4 out of the 8 teams in the quarterfinals from downstate is a win considering there are only about 16 teams even downstate compared to probably 40+ upstate & remember we are talking about no privates outside of St. Thomas More downstate. I mean every team is beatable but those 2 that you just named haven’t loss to anybody in-state outside of each other so I think it’d be safe to say that they haven’t had too many issues w/ depth yet. Smyrna probably only plays about 6 out of their 10 that dresses regularly but those 6 have gotten it done.

If Smyrna, Cape & Tech end up w/ them top 3 seeds then you can pencil in at least 3 downstate in the quarterfinals @ The Bob since all those 3 would have to do is win 1 home game to get there.

Reactions: pitt8179

Foul trouble with starters will kill any team in the state

Reactions: theWILL2WIN
What it really will come down to is how the bracket lays out. The south has proven they have the best teams this season but depending how the bracket lays out they could end up knocking each other out.
Exactly...I agree w/ that 100% but more than likely Smyrna, Cape & Tech will be 3 of the top 4 seeds which would mean those 3 alone couldn’t run into each other til the semis which is why I like their chances even if no other downstate team crashes the party.

What it really will come down to is how the bracket lays out. The south has proven they have the best teams this season but depending how the bracket lays out they could end up knocking each other out.

Not really. I would argue that nothing has been proven.

Not really. I would argue that nothing has been proven.
How exactly would that argument go? I mean I’m not guaranteeing downstate wins the chip or anything but as of right now I have to agree that downstate has definitely proven to have the upper hand this year. Upstate has no quality wins vs downstate so far this year meanwhile the best teams up there have all dropped games to downstate teams.

Cape beat Sanford & Caravel
Tech beat William Penn
Smyrna beat Caravel, Sallies & St. George’s
Howard just blew Penn out but yet loss to Dover & got flat out embarrassed by Smyrna

Upstate biggest win vs a downstate team would have to either be Penn over Dover, Woodbridge or Red Lion Over Lake...and I wouldn’t consider either of those teams Championship contenders.

Last edited:
Reactions: _TK44
How exactly would that argument go? I mean I’m not guaranteeing downstate wins the chip or anything but as of right now I have to agree that downstate has definitely proven to have the upper hand this year. Upstate has no quality wins vs downstate so far this year meanwhile the best teams up there have all dropped games to downstate teams.

Cape beat Sanford
Tech beat William Penn
Smyrna beat Caravel, Sallies & St. George’s

Upstate biggest win vs a downstate team would have to either be Penn over Dover or Woodbridge & I wouldn’t consider either of those teams Championship contenders.

Clearly this is very important to you. My point is that the poster said it has been proven that the south has the best teams. I would imagine that is why they play the tournament?

Do you not understand that or should they just cancel the tournament now?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT