ADVERTISEMENT

Games tonight 2/15

Clearly this is very important to you. My point is that the poster said it has been proven that the south has the best teams. I would imagine that is why they play the tournament?

Do you not understand that or should they just cancel the tournament now?
Sounds like sour grapes...like I said no guarantees were being made the poster was just saying that they clearly had the best teams this season/at the moment which I simply agreed w/.

Last edited:
Reactions: _TK44
How exactly would that argument go? I mean I’m not guaranteeing downstate wins the chip or anything but as of right now I have to agree that downstate has definitely proven to have the upper hand this year. Upstate has no quality wins vs downstate so far this year meanwhile the best teams up there have all dropped games to downstate teams.

Cape beat Sanford
Tech beat William Penn
Smyrna beat Caravel, Sallies & St. George’s
Howard just blew Penn out but yet loss to Dover & got flat out embarrassed by Smyrna

Upstate biggest win vs a downstate team would have to either be Penn over Dover, Woodbridge or Red Lion Over Lake...and I wouldn’t consider either of those teams Championship contenders.
Cape beat Caravel too..

Reactions: J12
Who ever gets no. 1 seed .. Should have easy path to title game. . Way it looks Smyrna will get the no.1 seed
.. Smyrna has tie breaker over Cape because SOS..

Reactions: J12
How exactly would that argument go? I mean I’m not guaranteeing downstate wins the chip or anything but as of right now I have to agree that downstate has definitely proven to have the upper hand this year. Upstate has no quality wins vs downstate so far this year meanwhile the best teams up there have all dropped games to downstate teams.

Cape beat Sanford & Caravel
Tech beat William Penn
Howard just blew Penn out but yet loss to Dover & got flat out embarrassed by Smyrna

Upstate biggest win vs a downstate team would have to either be Penn over Dover, Woodbridge or Red Lion Over Lake...and I wouldn’t consider either of those teams Championship contenders.

We know that Woodbridge is also a Southern team...

Of course we know that...What are U saying?

He said Upstate biggest win vs a downstate team would have to either be Penn over Dover, Woodbridge or Red Lion Over Lake...and I wouldn’t consider either of those teams Championship contenders.

He said that the biggest win a for a upstate vs a down state and added Woodbridge or Red Lion over Lake. but Woodbridge is down state is all I was saying

Oh nah that post was referring to William Penn’s wins over Dover & Woodbridge OR Red Lion’s win over Lake...not Woodbrige over Lake.

Reactions: DDBasketballCoach

Cape beat Sanford & Caravel
Tech beat William Penn

My view of the upstate teams...

Haven't seen Wm Penn at full strength. Looking forward to game with Smyrna. Hope they have whole squad.

Sallies is peaking at a great time. They took Smyrna to the wire then beat a good Mt Pleasant team. The game Saturday vs Sussex Tech will be a good one.

St Marks can beat anyone on a given night, but don't have enough to win 5 in the tournament.

Mount can also win 2-3 games, but not the whole thing. Same with Glasgow and St George.

Caravel can't be discounted. They have been up and down. They lost Alderman, but they're deep at guard and can survive this. The experience from last year helps. I like their coach.

I don't know about Sanford. Maybe a year away...

Bottom line - I reserve judgement on Penn. I think the Sals and Caravel have a chance.

But Smyrna and Cape are clearly the favorites.

My view of the upstate teams...

Haven't seen Wm Penn at full strength. Looking forward to game with Smyrna. Hope they have whole squad.

Sallies is peaking at a great time. They took Smyrna to the wire then beat a good Mt Pleasant team. The game Saturday vs Sussex Tech will be a good one.

St Marks can beat anyone on a given night, but don't have enough to win 5 in the tournament.

Mount can also win 2-3 games, but not the whole thing. Same with Glasgow and St George.

Caravel can't be discounted. They have been up and down. They lost Alderman, but they're deep at guard and can survive this. The experience from last year helps. I like their coach.

I don't know about Sanford. Maybe a year away...

Bottom line - I reserve judgement on Penn. I think the Sals and Caravel have a chance.

But Smyrna and Cape are clearly the favorites.
I wouldn’t mind seeing that Sallies/Tech game tomorrow...Sallies guards better come ready to play & protect that ball though cuz if not it will be a long ride back upstate.

I’m not big on Caravel but it’s hard to count them out after the run they made last year.

I wouldn’t mind seeing that Sallies/Tech game tomorrow...Sallies guards better come ready to play & protect that ball though cuz if not it will be a long ride back upstate.

I’m not big on Caravel but it’s hard to count them out after the run they made last year.

The game is at Sallies....

The Tech guards are very quick but they don't have much inside. Sals guards very underrated. I think they'll be fine. If Paul Brown and Vaughn play like the last 3-4 games, Tech will struggle limiting points in the paint. Sals also tough defensively.

This will be a good one.

The Tech guards are very quick but they don't have much inside. Sals guards very underrated. I think they'll be fine. If Paul Brown and Vaughn play like the last 3-4 games, Tech will struggle limiting points in the paint. Sals also tough defensively.

This will be a good one.

I haven’t seen Tech but have seen Sallies. From what I have heard on here I expect Tech to roll them but very interested in the reality of the game.

This will be a good one.
Oh OK...didn’t know the game was upstate. I kinda like that even better though just to test Tech even more. Tech is undersized but usually makes up for it by controlling the pace of the game. Keep the updates coming for those of us that can’t make it.

Reactions: 84rider
I haven’t seen Tech but have seen Sallies. From what I have heard on here I expect Tech to roll them but very interested in the reality of the game.
Idk bout roll them...even in a loss Sallies usually makes it competitive. What I do know is that if Sallies guards are suspect then that will be a problem for them. I expect both teams to be right there at the Bob though pending a bad bracket matchup.

Idk bout roll them...even in a loss Sallies usually makes it competitive. What I do know is that if Sallies guards are suspect then that will be a problem for them. I expect both teams to be right there at the Bob though pending a bad bracket matchup.
Sallies will win bye 5 or better. The difference will be Brown brothers.. Tech has nothing inside.

@Hoopsdownstate2 I’m a betting man as my Elite card via poker at Dover Downs vouches for so w/ that being said I’ll take that as a hot dog bet???[/QUOTE

No Sallies will win.
Book it... 5 or better... I know a little basketball.... Seen both play ... Sussex Tech hasnt seen Sallies type of game before... Tech will try force turn overs.. Not going work... Sallies going make Tech play there style...

OK...just know I like ketchup, mustard & light relish on my dogs. No cheap dogs neither as I’m gonna need a Nathan’s type of dog. AND as a downstate dude they might even ban U from home games after today (hoping I don’t gotta eat these words...LoL). N if that doesn’t work I’ll settle for a soft pretzel @ UD in the quarterfinals since Cape will be there.

OK...just know I like ketchup, mustard & light relish on my dogs. No cheap dogs neither as I’m gonna need a Nathan’s type of dog. AND as a downstate dude they might even ban U from home games after today (hoping I don’t gotta eat these words...LoL). N if that doesn’t work I’ll settle for a soft pretzel @ UD in the quarterfinals since Cape will be there.
I dont hate on upstate... I just know Tech aint use to Sallies type of style of play... Lol. Cape will be to the finals.. Lol. You better get your popcorn ready..lol...Come Tourney time.. Cape will take it to another level.. After Sallies win.. I just take bottle of water and gummie bears. ..lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 84rider
Tech by double digits imo
@84rider .. Come on now... Smyrna only beat them by 5... No way in this lifetime Tech will beat Sallies by 10 or better... My eye test still say Sallies by 5 or better... Lol.. Game dont really matter to Smyrna and Cape beacause Tech already at 15 wins.. Thats 4 bonus pionts a piece for both of them...

Eye test lmao, comn man, you’re wearing cheaters just like me smh, blind as bat haha just like me

@84rider .. Come on now... Smyrna only beat them by 5... No way in this lifetime Tech will beat Sallies by 10 or better... My eye test still say Sallies by 5 or better... Lol.. Game dont really matter to Smyrna and Cape beacause Tech already at 15 wins.. Thats 4 bonus pionts a piece for both of them...
@Hoopsdownstate2 Now we all know those “who beat who by how much” aren’t always telling too much but we’ll see. I still like Tech against anybody outside of Smyrna, Cape & Sanford though.

Reactions: _TK44
@Hoopsdownstate2 Now we all know those “who beat who by how much” aren’t always telling too much but we’ll see. I still like Tech against anybody outside of Smyrna, Cape & Sanford though.
Its all about matchups.. Tech not discipline enough half court set on offense and defense against Sallies.. Not hating on Tech but its not a good match up for them...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT