ADVERTISEMENT

GIRLS BASKETBALL BOLD PREDICTIONS

Nov 14, 2017
Anyone got any? Interesting to see what people think in the preseason vs. the end of the year. My pick is Ursuline will obviously rule the state. Watch out for Conrad to really make their push towards the State Championship game with all that young talent.

Reactions: sp0rtstalkcarus0
Anyone got any? Interesting to see what people think in the preseason vs. the end of the year. My pick is Ursuline will obviously rule the state. Watch out for Conrad to really make their push towards the State Championship game with all that young talent.
Woah woah woah... Rule the state? That's a real bold statement. Ursuline's team is good but let's remember it is a GIRL'S team. But anyway I think Ursuline will most likely be top 3 but I predict Archmere girls basketball led by Anna Roszkowski and Sydeny Yanick will bring the state championship to Claymont. #BoldStatementsOnly

Bold prediction for the year is that Caravel really makes a push for the state chip, graduated some talent but with their great coaching staff and strong JV success, other players will step up and fill new roles. I don't see Caravel not being a force to be reckoned with this year.

Woah woah woah... Rule the state? That's a real bold statement. Ursuline's team is good but let's remember it is a GIRL'S team. But anyway I think Ursuline will most likely be top 3 but I predict Archmere girls basketball led by Anna Roszkowski and Sydeny Yanick will bring the state championship to Claymont. #BoldStatementsOnly
I agree but we gotta question how the Archmere girls will play when they have to look into the crowd and see studs like Drew Savon and Max Gioffre in the stands, may throw them off their game as they will get distracted by their looks

Reactions: UncleThomas43
quit dickeating

Archmere girls have done nothing to prove they have the ability to win a state championship, the girls don't look like they even wanna be there most of the games. Anna Roszkowski couldn't hit the state of Texas if she tried and if I were the coach of Archmere I would cut Sydney Yanick. So that prediction is too bold for me.

I agree but we gotta question how the Archmere girls will play when they have to look into the crowd and see studs like Drew Savon and Max Gioffre in the stands, may throw them off their game as they will get distracted by their looks
You are correct. Definitely will be a problem that the Lady Auks will have to take into equation.

Now I beg to differ Tower Hill Till I Die2. Max Gioffre's supposed "scam" is a bunch of garbage. Max has supported tons of girls with his underaverage bird that has supposedly transformed and shaped multiple women into who they are today.

Reactions: ILOVEBBC69
Wooow Mr. Ilovebbc69 don't you think this is getting a little out of hand!?!? I mean that poor girl has been through enough the last thing she needs is u to reiterate how much of a slut she is. Just call her a bitch instead...

Reactions: UncleJim99
Hello everyone. The great thing about social media is everybody has a chance to say something and make a point. no matter how crazy as it sounds. I had a chance to check out ursuline at the scrimmage, and check out the big play date that was at Sanford. and with the season upon us i have not seen the dominance of what Ursuline and Sanford had in past years. Ursuline has too many injuries and players that have left to get them back to the chip. They did not get any big time players to come in this year as freshmen. They are vastly undersized. For once in my opinion your gonna get to see if John Noonan can really coach when he doesn't have the elite players to save him. The team got there butts handed to them in the scrimmage. Maggie is on an island by herself. Sanford has 5 players. if there is a foul trouble he will be in trouble. and sam gets into foul trouble very easily. Both teams have the best strength of schedule which will keep them in tournament and ranking hunt. But both of these two will not win the chip this year. It is caravels to win if they can play together. and make a run at the time.
Other teams: Conrad, St. thomas More, St. Elizabeth, Hodgson, Mt. pleasant, Howard, Ceaser Rodney, and Appo
After that everyone else is hoping to get into the playoffs..

The last thing I saw about St.E's was that they were depleted due to many seniors graduating and a freshman point guard transferred out. I have followed St. E's for the last 3 seasons, and now have seen their 2017 scrimmages and first game. The team isn't depleted, it was drained - drained of the players that were not team oriented or winning oriented. Tough comments, I know, but true. This year's team is the best they have had in 3 years. Lots of talent, tough, fast, and team/winning oriented. Everyone can play defense, rebound, and pass. Offensively, they will beat most teams with the run and break. Their stamina is unbelievable. 8 players will play most games and there is no drop off for players 6, 7 and 8. This will be a fun season to watch St. E's. (No, I didn't go there, nor have kids that went there).

I

I still don’t understand the comment “winning oriented” when the seniors last year were freshmen they went to the finals and one of them was the reason they were in the finals. I think StE will be good but comments like that need to be backed up. Hell it could be said coaching killed them the year Conrad upset them when they were the 2 seed and had one of the best girls in state as a senior that year. Come on man.

Either that or he is angry about how the team has been since they were in the finals in 2014

If you gentlemen are referring to me, I have no stake. Went to the games with friends of mine. I called it like I saw it, with no bias, but opinion. I thought they should have been better than they played last 2 years, in which I didn't see much ball movement. 1st passes were predictable with 2 specific guards in game a same time. I didn't see them in 2014. Don't typically go to the girls games unless friends have daughters playing. And, I don't really care, since no ties. I love the game of basketball, the skills, the strategy, no interest in individual play or what team wins. But I will continue to give my opinion. Isn't that why this forum is here?

Reactions: 84rider
I honestly wasn't coming at you but rather was looking for explanations about how you knew the players or asst coach didn't want it or were not team oriented. I think girls basketball is better when teams like StE, St.Marks, Padua are good. I'll be very honest that its also great to have CR and Sussex Central be top ten teams too. Better for the whole state. Downside is when a girls team is hot they are tough to beat (ex. UA and Sanford as of late).

Reactions: 84rider
Totally agree with you MightyMik. If we had more teams in the mix at the top it would be better for the whole program.

I can answer your question, but understand it was observations and opinion. Too many games and too many times in those games players would have a wide open path to the basket, and not get the ball. Originally, I brushed it off as they were missed, then it became routine. I questioned one of the younger players and was not shocked at her answer. She said she was told by the upper classmen it is their team and her job to get them the ball, not to shoot. 2 years of this.

I saw a coach who was well-decorated as a player do nothing on the bench, for 2 years. I watched as she alienated players during the games. Classic case of I'm better than the head coach so I will undermine him. Again, my opinion, but I think they will be better this year without all of the ones who left. I think Cooney will be a good coach with this group. For all of girls basketball lets hope so. January 4th will tell us all.

I've got to get out and see other teams.

No affilation to StE. Football guy from Newark so I knew a lot of the kids over the years from families. Hate to admit I was a spartan supporter but they haven’t been good for a long time.
From my observations some of the coaches here can’t coach themselves out of a wet paper bag. And even some of the greats can’t adjust to certain defenses and lose when they shouldn’t.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT