ADVERTISEMENT

Henlopen North

Hoopsdownstate2

Good all around Player
Jun 30, 2017
By far the best conference and its not even close 4 teams with only 2 losses.. Could 4 teams in same conference get first round byes??? Has that ever been done???

Cape - 10-2
Smyrna - 10-2
Sussex Tech - 11-2
C.R. - 9-2

Last edited:
What is going to hurt a lot of those teams is they play each other 1 more time lol so they could go from 2 to 5 losses no problem

What is going to hurt a lot of those teams is they play each other 1 more time lol so they could go from 2 to 5 losses no problem
Even at 15-5 each of those 4 teams would still be above .700 & would receive the +2 bonus points each just for playing the other in those 6 games so I think they will still all be OK. This is also where Dover benefits getting all of those bonus points playing each of those 4 teams twice...like I said in an earlier thread if that happens Dover would receive 2 pts each game even if they loss those 8 games which is the same as a win vs a team that finishes below .500 like some of these other teams are getting w/ these cupcake schedules. Dover could get in even around 8-12 in my opinion.

As long as Dover takes care of business in these last 7 games. Only outstanding opponent left is Cape. Could finish winning 6 of last 7 with some big momentum

Reactions: 84rider and J12
These next few weeks will tell a whole lot! Few key games left for these teams....

Cape: has to play CR twice St.Gs and Tech,

Tech: plays W.Penn Saturday, Smyrna next week then Cape, CR and Sallies

Smyrna: Tech, Sallies, St.Gs, CR, W.Penn

CR: has Cape twice, Smyrna and Tech

My predictions:

Cape- 16-4...loss to Tech and Split with CR
Tech - 17-3...loss to CR away
Smyrna- 17-3 Loss to Tech
CR - 16-4 loss to Cape, and Smyrna

As long as Dover takes care of business in these last 7 games. Only outstanding opponent left is Cape. Could finish winning 6 of last 7 with some big momentum
Agreed.
My predictions:

Cape- 16-4...loss to Tech and Split with CR
Tech - 17-3...loss to CR away
Smyrna- 17-3 Loss to Tech
CR - 16-4 loss to Cape, and Smyrna
You are very high on Sussex Tech...you basically have them beating William Penn at home this Saturday then Smyrna, Cape & Sallies all on the road to end the season.

Reactions: XVikingkid
Even at 15-5 each of those 4 teams would still be above .700 & would receive the +2 bonus points each just for playing the other in those 6 games so I think they will still all be OK. This is also where Dover benefits getting all of those bonus points playing each of those 4 teams twice...like I said in an earlier thread if that happens Dover would receive 2 pts each game even if they loss those 8 games which is the same as a win vs a team that finishes below .500 like some of these other teams are getting w/ these cupcake schedules. Dover could get in even around 8-12 in my opinion.
Yes, in 2013-14 St E's was 24th seed with 8-12 record matched up with 9th seed DMA the Diamond State Champion, won that. Then beat CR to go to qt finals and lost to Sallies at the Bob.

Also agree with Dover. That young group could be a spoiler in the tournament

Man you talking crazy... If you think Sussex Tech going win all 3 of those games on road... Smh

Just my opinion, but we will see! Love the debates on here! Will be a little more clear after they play W.Penn on Saturday also think tech plays better on the road... but like I’ve said we will see! Either way, still think the North will have 4 teams in the top 8....

Sussex Tech is a very tough and scrappy team, but they lack size. Don't see them topping W.P, Smyrna or Cape.
They could take C.R again tho

Reactions: _TK44
Sussex Tech is a very tough and scrappy team, but they lack size. Don't see them topping W.P, Smyrna or Cape.
They could take C.R again tho

Yeah think all those games will be close, after Saturday we will discuss...think they will beat Penn though, also think they will shock Smyrna and cape the second time around too

Yes, in 2013-14 St E's was 24th seed with 8-12 record matched up with 9th seed DMA the Diamond State Champion, won that. Then beat CR to go to qt finals and lost to Sallies at the Bob.
If that was Jordan Money’s freshman year then I was at that game when St. E’s came into CR & beat them by like 25-30 in the playoffs. That was my first time seeing Jordan Money & he put a show on as a freshman in the tournament that year.

Reactions: Patcomic
Garnett didnt play against Sussex Central. .. My sources say its trouble over there at Smyrna... Lol
Garnett misses a few games every year here & there...LoL As a Cape fan you may want him out considering they beat Cape w/o him & caught the L w/ him...LMAO!!!

Garnett misses a few games every year here & there...LoL As a Cape fan you may want him out considering they beat Cape w/o him & caught the L w/ him...LMAO!!!
Lol.. Dont matter with or without. . they cant beat Cape anymore...

If Sussex Tech could hit a shot they beat Cape at Tech. They forced 40 turnovers and lose smh. They are scrappy and could beat anyone. I like what Ayers has done.

Lol I’m telling you Tech will beat W.Peen & cape and Smyrna this go round! Was at the first matchups and a few errors the game is different...you heard it here first ! IR is a team to watch out for too, they are on like a 6 game win streak and just beat Woodbridge few days ago

If Sussex Tech could hit a shot they beat Cape at Tech. They forced 40 turnovers and lose smh. They are scrappy and could beat anyone. I like what Ayers has done.

Agreed! Tech would’ve made the tourney last year with a coach. They have the same talent they had last year!

If that was Jordan Money’s freshman year then I was at that game when St. E’s came into CR & beat them by like 25-30 in the playoffs. That was my first time seeing Jordan Money & he put a show on as a freshman in the tournament that year.
Yep, that was it, they squeaked out one with DMA then the CR game. Then lost to Sallies.Haven't been back since.

Think about that.. 40 turnovers and still loose by 10.. Alls that means is Tech not good enough.. Smh.. Cape will be waiting on them...

Cape 29 Indian River 29... Coach Re back at his old tricks.. Making hard than it got to be....
IR was up 11 on Cape going into the 4th quarter??? The same IR team that loss 4 straight games to Henlopen South teams Laurel, Seaford, Woodbridge & Lake Forest earlier in the season...smh

IR was up 11 on Cape going into the 4th quarter??? The same IR team that loss 4 straight games to Henlopen South teams Laurel, Seaford, Woodbridge & Lake Forest earlier in the season...smh
Sad i agree.. But hey the only way most team can come close to beating Cape is poor coaching... Simply dont know how to make in game adjustment. .. Not even halftime adjustments... Smh.. For some odd reason he thinks running 3 small guards starting and taking Chandler out of the starting line up... Cape got pounded on the boards... Guards just couldnt get. Rebounds... Just stick to wat got u big wins.. Smh.. Dont get cocky... Put Chandler back in starting line up... Smh

Sad i agree.. But hey the only way most team can come close to beating Cape is poor coaching... Simply dont know how to make in game adjustment. .. Not even halftime adjustments... Smh.. For some odd reason he thinks running 3 small guards starting and taking Chandler out of the starting line up... Cape got pounded on the boards... Guards just couldnt get. Rebounds... Just stick to wat got u big wins.. Smh.. Dont get cocky... Put Chandler back in starting line up... Smh
I like Chandler a lot & actually think he is underrated, would definitely have him in the starting lineup but Idk what goes on behind the scenes either but as long as U got 6’6 Robertson & 6’5 Rickards n the lineup then it is hard to blame not getting boards elsewhere. I mean it was one game & Cape should still be good from what I have seen. Maybe IR putting people on notice that they ain’t no slouch...LoL

I like Chandler a lot & actually think he is underrated, would definitely have him in the starting lineup but Idk what goes on behind the scenes either but as long as U got 6’6 Robertson & 6’5 Rickards n the lineup then it is hard to blame not getting boards elsewhere. I mean it was one game & Cape should still be good from what I have seen. Maybe IR putting people on notice that they ain’t no slouch...LoL
Lol you right... Just dont like that 3 guard look... Got have Chandler in there... He hasnt started last 3 games.. Smh... My man Bishop love to see Chandler in. Ravens black and grey... Lol

As I said before until you sit down and talk with Coach Re, you’re not gonna get the big picture. Actually I was gonna put Cape on upset alert earlier in the day. IR came it the game with confidence, they are gelling at the right time. Maybe the players were looking past IR, I know the Coach wasn’t.

As I said before until you sit down and talk with Coach Re, you’re not gonna get the big picture. Actually I was gonna put Cape on upset alert earlier in the day. IR came it the game with confidence, they are gelling at the right time. Maybe the players were looking past IR, I know the Coach wasn’t.
No they wasnt.. Took Chandler out of starting line up and was getting smoked until he got in game... Then on top of that came back out halftime with the same line-up .. 3 guards and and was getting smoked again... Smh.. @84rider i know basketball. .. Just by talking to a coach. . Dont mean he can coach.... Allow Felton from IR just walk the ball and do watever he wanted to do the whole game... All bets off when Bones come to Cape... If you allow Bones to walk the ball like that up court... He will get 40 in his sleep... Smh.. Say wat you want... If it comes down to xs and os.. Cape in big trouble.. Rickards and Robertson doing off of straight talent... Nothing coach Re doing .... Just got that feeling.. Coach Re going mess this up... Smh

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT