ADVERTISEMENT

Henlopen North

Can agree was surprised not to see Chandler start last night , but to me IR was guard heavy so maybe Re went with 3 small quicker guys to defend better , maybe it didn't work maybe it did ! Not every pregame or halftime adjustments work every time I would call it doing your homework. We got beat on the boards because Rickards defended a lot at the top of the key , IR took a lot of jumpers and was able to grab boards for put backs.

And to be honest coaching had nothing to do in the first half of the game you see the FG % , Cape couldn't buy a bucket in the first quarter and was lucky to be where they were at half

Also would love for schools not to schedule games on days kids don't attend school you'd be surprised at how much teams play like shit on those days ! Cape was off yesterday and today

Can agree was surprised not to see Chandler start last night , but to me IR was guard heavy so maybe Re went with 3 small quicker guys to defend better , maybe it didn't work maybe it did ! Not every pregame or halftime adjustments work every time I would call it doing your homework. We got beat on the boards because Rickards defended a lot at the top of the key , IR took a lot of jumpers and was able to grab boards for put backs.

And to be honest coaching had nothing to do in the first half of the game you see the FG % , Cape couldn't buy a bucket in the first quarter and was lucky to be where they were at half

Also would love for schools not to schedule games on days kids don't attend school you'd be surprised at how much teams play like shit on those days ! Cape was off yesterday and today
Chandler is the glue.... Never let a another team dictate how you play. Smh.. Just because they have 3 guards.. Dont mean you have to play 3 guards.. Smh... Since you think it aint coaching.. You waited until 4th to put Chandler, Rickards, Dadzie, Johnson, and Robertson.. The original line up and went on a 26 to 6 run in 4th to win the game... Rushin is way out of control and likes to cheat on defense too much... No business starting... Hey wat i know. .. I just won 2 back to back state titles at Cape. Cape aint won one in 41years.. One other thing that makes me irritate with Coach Re... He dont put his full effort in Cape program.. I looked over to my right and there was C.R coach with his clip board and pen in hand scouting Cape team... Thats called dedication to the game.. But Cape waits until team comes and play and try figure out who the best players on team is.. Smh

Last edited:
Chandler is the glue.... Never let a another team dictate how you play. Smh.. Just because they have 3 guards.. Dont mean you have to play 3 guards.. Smh... Since you think it aint coaching.. You waited until 4th to put Chandler, Rickards, Dadzie, Johnson, and Robertson.. The original line up and went on a 26 to 6 run in 4th to win the game... Rushin is way out of control and likes to cheat on defense too much... No business starting... Hey wat i know. .. I just won 2 back to back state titles at Cape. Cape aint won one in 41years.. One other thing that makes me irritate with Coach Re... He dont put his full effort in Cape program.. I looked over to my right and there was C.R coach with his clip board and pen in hand scouting Cape team... Thats called dedication to the game.. But Cape waits until team comes and play and try figure out who the best players on team is.. Smh
Not saying Chandler shouldn't have started said I was surprised he wasn't so I agree. Just setting the possible scenario with the 3 guards. I saw the CR coach come in walk right past me I don't miss stuff like that either ! But I have to disagree on never let a team dictate how you play !

And those back to backs at Cape wish I had been old enough to see those #congrats #justborn but I did have the privilege of lots of stories years ago working with the newest Del HOF inductee

And those back to backs at Cape wish I had been old enough to see those #congrats #justborn but I did have the privilege of lots of stories years ago working with the newest Del HOF inductee
Purnell Ayers should of been in HOF... They treated him like TO... Smh... Hands down best basketball player ever in state of DE... I ran into him months ago ... He was working at Lewes Dairy in Lewes DE... We talked about HOF... He said .. It would be an honor but never top 2 back to back titles with the team we had... Smh.. I remember when coach Byrd. Told newspapers in DE.. We can beat every college teams in state and all the news papers.. Can come and watch... All college teams in the state declined... Real talk... Lol.. Bishop said in practice next day to coach Byrd. .. You right and we will come to there house and beat that ass by 10 or better... Lol.. Google news article back then... Think its still up there in black and white...lol

Didn’t say you didn’t know basketball, like you said you only played 4-8 minutes on those Cape teams, I started on the 84 team and started on my USAREUR team that played all over Germany. Could of played college but I was a knucklehead with the books. So as you said, I know basketball! Just surprised that the current #1 team is the states coach is still being doubted. Especially when he lost one of his best players (Barnes). Teams are gonna have ugly games but good teams that are well coached find ways to win those games.

Reactions: urbaseballdaddy
Didn’t say you didn’t know basketball, like you said you only played 4-8 minutes on those Cape teams, I started on the 84 team and started on my USAREUR team that played all over Germany. Could of played college but I was a knucklehead with the books. So as you said, I know basketball! Just surprised that the current #1 team is the states coach is still being doubted. Especially when he lost one of his best players (Barnes). Teams are gonna have ugly games but good teams that are well coached find ways to win those games.
@84rider. .. I went to Hampton started all 4 years... Avg.. 13pts and 6 ass. A game.. Dont get it twisted i played 8 mins but we had a hell of a starting 5.. I definitely doubt him. .. No question. .i agree about Barnes leaving... Say it again not dedicated making players better period. .. What Rickards and Robertson is doing is just off pure talent.. Just imagine if he made them 10% better... Lol.. Got be hard on coach Re... He need get his ass in these gyms and scout these teams.. Instead of relying on we better than you... Alot of respect for C.R coach... He been taught very well... Try be best you can be at your craft... Imo

Freeman and Coach Re are good friends, they stay in contact during and after the season. Coach Re, doesn’t read this stuff, especially Depreps. Sounds like you should offer up your knowledge to him, I’m pretty sure if you approached him, he would talk to you. Pretty easy guy to get a long with imo

Reactions: urbaseballdaddy
Freeman and Coach Re are good friends, they stay in contact during and after the season. Coach Re, doesn’t read this stuff, especially Depreps. Sounds like you should offer up your knowledge to him, I’m pretty sure if you approached him, he would talk to you. Pretty easy guy to get a long with imo
I love coach Re as a person and with kids... But far as time and effort in just coaching... He super lazy... Trust me.. He already know how we all feel about some of the coaching he doing... But this year is best shot.. After Rickards and Robertson leave after this year.. Cape will struggle a many of years... Imo

Henlopen teams are not like Sanford, Mt P and other teams up north. Those schools specialize in basketball. Teams from Henlopen do well and compete in all sports. They are not going to be basketball powerhouses. Enjoy the ride Cape is on while it lasts. If you feel this their best shot stop complaining about the coach and who plays, get on the bus Gus, no need to discuss much haha, Remember Coach Re has a pretty talented guy in OJ Gumbs he talks to also. OJ played power forward for UofD when Stan was there, just saying, he has talent to talk to and a good solid guy who definitely knows the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoopsdownstate2
Anybody going to the Lake Forest vs C.R game tonight??
What time??. Iam going tomorrow at 1:30 to see Penn and Tech... If Tech guards handle that pressure. . They have a shot.. But i think Penn way more athletic than Tech is.. Like the Burton kid from Tech... Can get to the basket...

Reactions: 84rider
What time??. Iam going tomorrow at 1:30 to see Penn and Tech... If Tech guards handle that pressure. . They have a shot.. But i think Penn way more athletic than Tech is.. Like the Burton kid from Tech... Can get to the basket...
Tech has more than a shot...William Penn’s guards better be able to handle Tech’s guards pressure as well. William Penn likes to get into their offense, slow the game down & run their sets while Tech likes to get out & go so I’m thinking if Tech can get the game uptempo then they will win.

Reactions: _TK44 and 84rider
Tech really plays 5 guards, all can shoot, all can handle the ball. They have decent size, not the biggest team but when you have 5 players on the court that can handle the ball/score inside or outside that’s tough to guard! Also Lake has been up and down...haven’t seen them but I’ve heard they have potential to be a good team. I’m taking CR by 5-10...

Tech really plays 5 guards, all can shoot, all can handle the ball. They have decent size, not the biggest team but when you have 5 players on the court that can handle the ball/score inside or outside that’s tough to guard! Also Lake has been up and down...haven’t seen them but I’ve heard they have potential to be a good team. I’m taking CR by 5-10...
I have seen both CR & Lake multiple times this year & as much as I want to see a close game I see CR going up 20 by halftime in this one.

That could be possible^^ I’ve seen CR but haven’t seen Lake yet...

I’m hoping the Tech vs Penn game is streamed live....I’ll be in NC smh

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT