ADVERTISEMENT

Henlopen Title

APboy

moving up to Varsity
Aug 31, 2002
According to 302Sports, Dover 75 - Lake 56. No box score anywhere.

Spoken like someone who doesn’t know the game. Davis was heavily guarded the entire game.
You sound like his parent or something. Maybe the wording should of said not as poised as Allen tonight. Davis is a good player but at times his dribble dribble dribble cross stepback or his hessi hessi between the leg is to much just my opinion.

You sound like his parent or something. Maybe the wording should of said not as poised as Allen tonight. Davis is a good player but at times his dribble dribble dribble cross stepback or his hessi hessi between the leg is to much just my opinion.

Yes a parent, but coached for years. EA took 90% of the shots tonight, and when you have the hot hand, that’s what you do. He was open for clean shots most of the night because the focus was on Davis, which was a great thing. But to say Davis was out of control because he dribbles to much for you and turned the ball over all of two times is plain ridiculous. Clearly, someone didn’t see the whole game. Poise works on offense as well as defense. Did you count the steals, deflections, assists, and rebounds, or are you only looking at the handful of shots he took tonight or the couple of turnovers? That team plays together well because they know when they don’t need to force the issue and focus on making others around them better.

That’s what makes players who can’t play panic and play out of control.
I beg to differ, even the best players at the highest levels get out of control at times. You don’t have to be a scrub to loose control. A coach should know that, otherwise a team with good players wouldn’t need a freakin coach! But that’s just my opinion!

He can’t be heavily guarded and out of control?
I beg to differ, even the best players at the highest levels get out of control at times. You don’t have to be a scrub to loose control. A coach should know that, otherwise a team with good players wouldn’t need a freakin coach! But that’s just my opinion!

Glad it’s just an opinion. The point is not being the top scorer or not forcing the issue or going for blood where you don’t see a real need doesn’t equate to being out of control. Nor does a couple of turnovers. Players at the highest level and with the best ball handles turn the ball over.

Reactions: Jules1127
Spoken like someone who doesn’t know the game. Davis was heavily guarded the entire game.
Davis has had many better games but when you are heavily guarded as a point guard is when you should trust your teammates & get rid of the ball before the double & triple teams come. Davis is legit & will be OK though...he can get buckets when he wants but just gets caught up overdribbling at times. 1st Team All State this year though & Allen should be 2nd Team himself.

Glad it’s just an
@Roddav3557 just a public forum everyone has an opinion here. Most of the people that will comment weren’t even at the game tonight. Another sell out a little over 3,000 people is impressive for a HS game around here. Let’s just enjoy the Henlopen title and hope Wilson can delivery a chip.
This is true, I didn’t see the game, my point was no decent player would even look out of control to someone if he wasn’t heavily guarded.

This is true, I didn’t see the game, my point was no decent player would even look out of control to someone if he wasn’t heavily guarded.
I agree, everyone can have an off night. Even with Eden having a sub pair game they won by 20 basically. Eden is a special player no doubt he’ll be fine.

And I hope this is not to be a question of who is better between Davis & Allen...they compliment each other well & both make each other better which makes Dover better. Just like Wise & Lassiter makes the team better by willing to defend the opposing teams best guards & Spencer does what he does on defense & rebounding. Once again hopefully we get to see that Sanford matchup...Stan was definitely in the building too.

Davis has had many better games but when you are heavily guarded as a point guard is when you should trust your teammates & get rid of the ball before the double & triple teams come. Davis is legit & will be OK though...he can get buckets when he wants but just gets caught up overdribbling at times. 1st Team All State this year though & Allen should be 2nd Team himself.
Lol.. Don't know basketball... Smh.. Only if you knew.. You starting to. act like Lavar Ball.. Whining like a baby instead of just taking the positive and negative comments about your son.. Smh..

Did you see the game?

Lol.. Don't know basketball... Smh.. Only if you knew.. You starting to. act like Lavar Ball.. Whining like a baby instead of just taking the positive and negative comments about your son.. Smh..

Not whining, but refuse to allow criticism from cats that didn’t watch the game nor is a student of the game. To say he was out of control most of the night is the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard on this forum. And to ride the wave of that statement is even more ridiculous. Compare me all you want bro. Make credible comments, not critical comments. Know what you’re speaking on. Ride your own wave. The game is on 302 Sports. Go check it out.

Last edited:
Your time done past pops. Let son quiet the crowd with his game between the baselines. Go MOUNT!

My son can quiet the crowds on the court but I won’t let them run their mouths off the court with conversations they don’t know what they’re speaking of. If that’s how you do it, continue. Not how I deal with mine. I’m not here bragging, but I’m certainly not going to be on the sidelines allowing Dover haters to trash talk either. GO DOVER!!!!

My son can quiet the crowds on the court but I won’t let them run their mouths off the court with conversations they don’t know what they’re speaking of. If that’s how you do it, continue. Not how I deal with mine. I’m not here bragging, but I’m certainly not going to be on the sidelines allowing Dover haters to trash talk either. GO DOVER!!!!
Pop this is a public forum your son is a good player people will talk. I mean look Ive seen him multiple times in 3 years and sometimes he does over dribble. Thats keeping it real and was in the building and Ive coached high school basketball for 16 years and played the game

Pop this is a public forum your son is a good player people will talk. I mean look Ive seen him multiple times in 3 years and sometimes he does over dribble. Thats keeping it real and was in the building and Ive coached high school basketball for 16 years and played the game
Please don't tell him that.. All he going say is you don't know basketball..I was there too but I just don't want to go back and forth with him..smh..

What I notice in game lastnight.. Is when Spencer is out of game.. Roach scored in paint easily.. Dover run into Sanford.. Spencer has to stay out of foul trouble. If not Sanford will eat Dover alive in the paint.. Stan will use 2-3 zone and triangle and 2 on Allen and Davis.. Force somebody else score the ball... Love Dover defense pressure ... But hey I don't know basketball..

@SPARTAN00 and @Downstate4
Dribbling too much at times is a whole lot different than being out of control most of the night. Point 2: did you ever stop to think that the excessive dribbling has to do with the type of offense being called by the coach at the time. And again coaches, if you’re studying the game tape, that is easily picked up. Then there are the rare occasions that these teenagers try to put on a show in front of the home crowd. But if you’re telling me he’s out of control most of the night, my question is, what game were you watching? Again the game is on 302dports. Watch the game carefully coaches:eek:ffensively and then go back and watch it defensively.
I obviously know this is a forum and that you “Stephen A’s” will be critical, but please try to judge accurately. You guys are crazy if you want me to agree with nonsense.

What I notice in game lastnight.. Is when Spencer is out of game.. Roach scored in paint easily.. Dover run into Sanford.. Spencer has to stay out of foul trouble. If not Sanford will eat Dover alive in the paint.. Stan will use 2-3 zone and triangle and 2 on Allen and Davis.. Force somebody else score the ball... Love Dover defense pressure ... But hey I don't know basketball..

@Downstate4, since you know the game, exactly how many points did Roach score while Spencer was out? Spencer was out a significant amount of time at one point. How many points did Roach have for the night? Was he dominant because Eric White or Brendan couldn’t stop him, or did he find a way to get open because of the defense tried to help and they found him for an open shot?
I just don’t believe Dover is going to be eaten alive as long as those guards (Davis,Allen,Wise, Lassiter, and Bessicks) are in the game. It’s when the guards get in foul trouble that Dover gets into trouble.

Reading the back and forth on here about dribbling, etc. I have seen many guards this year who dribble too much. Today I saw Nashon Hyland get picked twice by AI because he tried to cross over and/or go between the legs way too close to the defender. I think Eden Davis is the best pure guard I have seen. Very quick, very smooth. Hyland’s height gives him an advantage in shooting over people, but I would still take Davis first in a draft.

Reading the back and forth on here about dribbling, etc. I have seen many guards this year who dribble too much. Today I saw Nashon Hyland get picked twice by AI because he tried to cross over and/or go between the legs way too close to the defender. I think Eden Davis is the best pure guard I have seen. Very quick, very smooth. Hyland’s height gives him an advantage in shooting over people, but I would still take Davis first in a draft.
Take Davis over Hyland.. You must be crazy.. Smh.. Not even a debate... Hyland has a lot of offers for a reason.. Don't underestimate his passing skills either.. Basically one player on team with him and that's Mccants.. Let's keep real now..

Maaan listen...that is the most spot on observation regarding Dover that there is.

@Downstate4, since you know the game, exactly how many points did Roach score while Spencer was out? Spencer was out a significant amount of time at one point. How many points did Roach have for the night? Was he dominant because Eric White or Brendan couldn’t stop him, or did he find a way to get open because of the defense tried to help and they found him for an open shot?
I just don’t believe Dover is going to be eaten alive as long as those guards (Davis,Allen,Wise, Lassiter, and Bessicks) are in the game. It’s when the guards get in foul trouble that Dover gets into trouble.
Sanford ain't Lake Forest.. Smh..

Na I don't a thing about basketball.. Lol

Well, I hope we see Sanford vs Dover in the finals so that we get the opportunity to see what you really know. If Sanford eats Dover alive, then you know basketball. If Dover hangs in there, close game all night, then I know a little something. How about that?

I have a question. Since we all know who you are now, what does your athletic resume look like? It's only right since you have opened up this box of back and forth about your son. What were you as an athlete?
I think that might explain everything.

I have a question. Since we all know who you are now, what does your athletic resume look like? It's only right since you have opened up this box of back and forth about your son. What were you as an athlete?
I think that might explain everything.

Then that would make this entire thing about me. That defeats the entire discussion. The problem with you “know it alls” is that anytime a person comes against your nonsense, especially in concerns to a player-who happens to be my son in this case- you try to spin it like it was something I started. I did not start the conversation, but I certainly aim to bring it to an end when you say things with tainted and criticizing eyes as you have now just done. Go back to the beginning of this thread before you judge me bro.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jules1127
Then that would make this entire thing about me. That defeats the entire discussion. The problem with you “know it alls” is that anytime a person comes against your nonsense, especially in concerns to a player-who happens to be my son in this case- you try to spin it like it was something I started. I did not start the conversation, but I certainly aim to bring it to an end when you say things with tainted and criticizing eyes as you have now just done. Go back to the beginning of this thread before you judge me bro.
I just want to what and where you played. You seem to be so knowledgeable, there's no way it just came from raising your son and watching his play throughout the years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT