ADVERTISEMENT

Hypothetical question.

DEfootballFan6

Getting reps on JV
Dec 1, 2021
If you were the AD of a HS and could hire any HC, coord or full staff…who would you hire to coach your team?

Not gonna lie, the Nick Lincoln era in 2A was electric! The #302Takeover was something!

Anyone know what Ol Nick is up to these days?

Atta boy Nick! Is he the head coach there or on staff?

And no surprise. Imhotep is a charter school (which is public) that is by law suppose to operate on a true lottery system and yet some how they get lucky year after year after year with D1 recruits (Michigan, Penn State, Illinois, Georgia, Alabama, etc). They also magically somehow get a string of 6’8” kids who are D1 basketball players too. All on a lottery! Amazing! What luck!

I guess Nick brings the “luck” with him everywhere he goes! #215Takeover

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Atta boy Nick! Is he the head coach there or on staff?

And no surprise. Imhotep is a charter school (which is public) that is by law suppose to operate on a true lottery system and yet some how they get lucky year after year after year with D1 recruits (Michigan, Penn State, Illinois, Georgia, Alabama, etc). They also magically somehow get a string of 6’8” kids who are D1 basketball players too. All on a lottery! Amazing! What luck!

I guess Nick brings the “luck” with him everywhere he goes! #215Takeover
The HC is his brother in law

I wouldn’t call it hating on Lincoln. I believe when you make statements as to your ability as a coach and program builder on multiple occasions, you should receive the accolades when your statements turn out to be true, but you also must take the criticism when in fact they turn out to be false. Lincoln made some big statements during his 1st year at DMA and they didn’t turn out to be true. Honestly, it was one of the worst coaching jobs in recent memory. The talent that was gathered on that DMA team was impressive to say the least. He had two of the best receivers in the state in Coombes and Green, arguably the best RB in the state in Devon Greene, a future Player of the year in Class 3A with Alleyne and a Line that averaged about 280lbs across. And two for those lineman R Lowe and C Negris are D1 caliber lineman. Lowe left for St Francis in Baltimore the following year, D Green and Coombes spent a 5th year at IMG and are currently D1 players, don’t know if Alleyene is going D1 but he definitely is that type of player. Almost forgot about the LB that was a starter in the blue gold game. And that team couldn’t win a title in Class 2A in Delaware.. Wow!!!! Had two opportunities to beat a team that had exactly 0 seniors go on and play football in college at any level. DMA should have ran away with 2A that year. Let’s not even talk about the trainwreck that was his 2nd year.

Rich Kotite walking off field on Christmas Eve 1994 losing his last game to the Bengals. Accompanied by GM Harry Gamble. It was Jeff Laurie's first year as owner. Kotite moved on to coach the Jets for a couple of years.
R6FYVQV2MZEVLIYKN76WRGAKQI.jpg

Reactions: DelaNewb
I wouldn’t call it hating on Lincoln. I believe when you make statements as to your ability as a coach and program builder on multiple occasions, you should receive the accolades when your statements turn out to be true, but you also must take the criticism when in fact they turn out to be false. Lincoln made some big statements during his 1st year at DMA and they didn’t turn out to be true. Honestly, it was one of the worst coaching jobs in recent memory. The talent that was gathered on that DMA team was impressive to say the least. He had two of the best receivers in the state in Coombes and Green, arguably the best RB in the state in Devon Greene, a future Player of the year in Class 3A with Alleyne and a Line that averaged about 280lbs across. And two for those lineman R Lowe and C Negris are D1 caliber lineman. Lowe left for St Francis in Baltimore the following year, D Green and Coombes spent a 5th year at IMG and are currently D1 players, don’t know if Alleyene is going D1 but he definitely is that type of player. Almost forgot about the LB that was a starter in the blue gold game. And that team couldn’t win a title in Class 2A in Delaware.. Wow!!!! Had two opportunities to beat a team that had exactly 0 seniors go on and play football in college at any level. DMA should have ran away with 2A that year. Let’s not even talk about the trainwreck that was his 2nd year.
z8xGZE.gif

No need to hate, he’s moved on and so should we imo

He didn’t move on. DMA moved on from him. And please don’t forget…he drew his own target on his back (and sadly his players backs) while inviting EVERYONE to try to hit it…all while showing zero remorse for his unscrupulous practices and leaving what should be a great DE program in shambles.

Again, no surprise he’s with a program practicing the same sort of illegitimate (and quite frankly illegal in PA) processes. I have zero sympathy. #302TakeOver

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT