ADVERTISEMENT

I think I witnessed the worst officiated game in 10 years!!

who_u_wit

JV stand out
Nov 18, 2005
Was at the St.Marks vs. Dover game 44-42 st.marks....Dover never shot 1 and 1 all night...St.Marks had 9 fouls for the game?????The refs took Dover out of the game with some of the craziest calls ever. Especially late in the game .....it's not about you ref's -it's about kids. Home cooking at its best!!!!!!

So the refs changed the outcome of the game?? I heard it was bad calls on both ends. Officiating is bad all around. Get use to it. Nothing's going to change.

2 Observations

Dover tends to hack - that sometimes gets called
once the three point shooter was shut down Dover had no answer.

The refs calls are equally good and bad both ways - why don't you try it?

I agree the refs really need to get it together. St.Mark was in the 1 n 1 the whole second half. Dover made mistakes of course because they blow an 11 pts lead but there were some terrible calls by the refs

Deball- it was one sided. You heard wrong and That hack crap is bs as dover got hit with many Phantom calls.

Will agree with it being a poorly officiated game, both ways at times.
But, if they actually enforced the actual rules St.Marks would have shot 50 foul shots.
Dover was just another undisciplined team , grabbing, clutching and crying about everything.
Absolutely no inside game, and no clue what to do on offense once the defense adjusted to the three point shooters.
Instead of adjusting their game once in trouble they kept making the same mistakes, but it's not their fault, it's always something else.
Parents and coaches like you who are constantly bitching instead of addressing the shortcomings of your sons team are the whole reason they will always be the victims in your eyes.

Hssports55- please spare me that Sermon. Had nothing to do with discipline, dover made mistakes most schools do, but the refs need not call bs. Let the kids decide the game. They did way more than shoot 3s the whole game as they got hit a lot going to basket. But I guess you can't touch the Spartans.....Not bitching, just stating what was obvious. Have a great night hssports55!!!!

Ok, since Your veiw of the game is the way it went down. "Let the kids decide the game", they did and they were fortunate it wasn't a lot worse.Dover had a 12-14 point lead midway through the third period, sorry refs were not the reason St. Marks overcame that deficits. Dover was undisciplined, from the coaching standpoint . If you as a coach, player refuse to adjust, whether it's right or wrong......undisciplined , but we will just let you tell us the truth. "Can't touch the Spartans", give it a rest. Just imagine how many more fouls would have been called if the refs would have called the hand check rule that they have been mandated to enforce this year. My point was that I agreed that it was a badly officiated game, just not the criminally one sided game your claiming it to be

I agree with HSSportsfan. Dover pressed the entire game and trapped on the wings. Constantly reaching and grabbing. If the refs called everything it would have been much worse. Pretty tough to press a team like St Marks that basically starts 5 guards.

St Marks was down 36-24 half way through the 3rd and went on a 14-0 run, 7-0 to end the third and 7-0 to start the 4th to take a 38-36 lead. Had nothing to do with fouls either. St Marks took away Allen and his 3s by putting Williams on him and started to hit some big shots. Dover never adjusted. Dover only scored 6 points the last 10-11 minutes of the game after taking that 12 point lead. Blame that on the coaching staff.

If I am Dover I would be asking how a 5'11" player #14 Ludman for St Marks can outrebound everyone on the floor?

Originally posted by who_u_wit:
Was at the St.Marks vs. Dover game 44-42 st.marks....Dover never shot 1 and 1 all night...St.Marks had 9 fouls for the game?????The refs took Dover out of the game with some of the craziest calls ever. Especially late in the game .....it's not about you ref's -it's about kids. Home cooking at its best!!!!!!
I did hear that it was not a stellar performance by the officials and yes, that could have cost Dover the game as it was obviously close......that said, the opportunity was there for the Senators to win this game but from what I heard Dover played very "small" and discipline from coaching on down was a major problem. They have lost 4 of last 5 so I do not think blaming officials is the answer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT