ADVERTISEMENT

Impressive Seasons

Yunforce

JV stand out
Jun 1, 2018
1. Milford- first year up at D1 after dominating D2 and fell a few points short of winning the state title.

2. St. E’s- first year back as a program and got enough kids out to fill a full lineup. Then went 14-1; regardless of strength of schedule, that’s an great season for the program.

3. Laurel- second year with new coach. Program came right back to competing after losing the previous head coach and missing the state tournament last year.

4. DMA- see above. Also have plenty of freshman in lineup. Came right back to the level they were at before Collier took over.

5. Woodbridge- after making their first state tournament a few years ago, they have improved every year and were runners up this year with a 2nd year head coach.

6. William Penn- Flight A title over St. George’s Getting back to the state tournament with a young team.

7. Sussex Tech- somehow, some way this team always competes. I personally didn’t think this team would make it back to state duals this year with Milford moving up but they beat other good teams to get there.

8. Archmere- Another team that saw a coaching change a few years ago and is still qualifying for the state tournament. Young team with only 2 seniors.

9. Tower Hill- only lost one dual this year. Strong lineup and there were over 20 wrestlers on the team this year.

10. McKean- first conference title on 50 years. Simply threw enough wrestlers out to win Flight B this year.

HM: Sanford, Concord, Seaford and Hodgson

Last edited:
Lot of good points made. Not sure if I would put Sussex Tech on that list. Lost last 5 matches of the season. They also only scored 7 points in their last 3 matches which included getting shutout twice.

Lot of good points made. Not sure if I would put Sussex Tech on that list. Lost last 5 matches of the season. They also only scored 7 points in their last 3 matches which included getting shutout twice.
Good point. Didn’t notice that they lost the last 5 Duals like that

Goaod point. Didn’t notice that they lost the last 5 Duals like that
I suppose it depends on the meaning of impressive. I get the overall point you're making ,and I'm in agreement with most of them . Where I will differ somewhat , I don't find Milford's season impressive. I find it expected ! The top programs in the state, and we have all discussed who we think they are regardless of D1 D2 finished as expected .No disrespect meant to Milford that's a nice team in any division.

I have to say Caravel had a very impressive year. Did very well against Milford and respectable against Smyrna. State final was a blowout, really don't understand why they wrestled all those matches after the issue was settled.

I have to say Caravel had a very impressive year. Did very well against Milford and respectable against Smyrna. State final was a blowout, really don't understand why they wrestled all those matches after the issue was settled.
Out of respect to the kids on your team that have worked their buts off all year! Also respect for the kids on the other team for the same reason. if you give up 6 with a forfeit why not let your kid go out and wrestle? I hate seeing coaches do that when the score is out of reach. I think its disrespecting your own wrestler and his opponent !

I disagree and think it's a smart move why chance injury this close to states I have no problem with teams forfeiting matches if the match is out of reach. Yes it stinks but theres a bigger picture in the near future.

I disagree and think it's a smart move why chance injury this close to states I have no problem with teams forfeiting matches if the match is out of reach. Yes it stinks but theres a bigger picture in the near future.
I respect your opinion and we will agree to disagree on this one! I get it as a strategy during a match but not once the match is decided . I’ve seen it this year way before it was time to think about States ! What do you do in the room at practice for the next two weeks? Take it easy so no one gets hurt ? Looking forward to this weekend and especially the following one !!! Best wishes, UnCreepy !!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT