ADVERTISEMENT

Kane and others to leave Sussex Tech

If the rumors are true... Kane was talking trash on his team mates and coaches after the Smyrna loss. The coaching staff decided to suspend him a game. Instead of admitting his wrong he bails. Hats off to the tech coaching staff. The bridge is winning without Kane. I’d say to keep a good culture bell doesn’t even think about allowing him on the team.
I know Coach Bell and have specifically not reached out to him on this topic. IMHO and speaking with someone close to the situation, there are a few personal factors at work that led Kane to make this decision. I would suspect if Kane wants to play, he will be allowed to. I don't think Bell would let him take another players position at this point but will certainly find a use for him. Remember, this is a kid we are talking about here and there are multiple factors that brought him to this point. Also, it's not like Kane is a stranger to the Woodbridge players, he is friends with quite a few of the players on that team, growing up with them. Sometimes, especially at this age you just need to come home. Best of luck to him and Woodbridge going forward.

chill44 you are full of it......and any coach that plays players that transfer in the middle of the season is pathetic, especially if they are running. and gate, so as long as its business as usual that makes it ok... you are pathetic

What exactly is pathetic about playing a kid showing up in your school that is eligible? I need you to make sense. You've gotta be 50 years old and mad that you were a last resort starter, then a transfer comes in, took your spot, and outshined you your senior year. Otherwise, you would have gone to the league. I get it now!

chill44 you are full of it......and any coach that plays players that transfer in the middle of the season is pathetic, especially if they are running. and gate, so as long as its business as usual that makes it ok... you are pathetic

any player that is not transferring to Delmar he means.... ;)

wow, you guys are a bunch of trolls. shame on the coach for letting a kid run to another team to avoid discipline. Cant believe you nut jobs think this should be business as usual. And how can the DIAA be ok with this? And doesn't his brother coach for tech?

Reactions: soccer07
3dnysb.jpg

RUT ROE!... BIB learn't a new computer skill.. no one is safe.. hide your pics now...haha

zzzzzzzzzzzzz. SouthDude if you can't caption meme's it means nothing lol Let's see your hillbilly arse figure that out...being If they let you do that using the school's library computers in between your vacuuming and scraping gum out from under the desks..

Last edited:
I do agree with you on that, and BTW, the waterboy picture is a classic, lol. I do think deep down you do agree with me though

I do agree with you on that, and BTW, the waterboy picture is a classic, lol. I do think deep down you do agree with me though

I don't really agree with you. I don't know the whole story nor do I care it's not my business but I seriously doubt he changed schools his SR year to avoid sitting out a week..That notion is silly. His brother already said its more than football involved and a private family matter.. I would just let the kid be so he can deal with whatever it is.. He will be alright. High School football will be alright. Life will go on

As for the Delmar v Woodbridge game I am one of few who think Delmar can win that game. I am confident Delmar knows how to and will contain their run game. I believe they will force Perdue to beat them in the air. Which Perdue can do if his guys catch the ball.. It will be an interesting game and being at Delmar makes it a bit more doable for the Cats

Reactions: 84rider and Chill44
It looks as if certain people are attempting to make this a moral dilemma rather than a technical one. First of all, why he decided to go back to his own school is really nobody's business but his own. Under the rules he is allowed to transfer and maintain eligibility.
Secondly, if he were not allowed to play, what kind of message does that send to other students that might want to return to their home school?
Thirdly, he will play and may even end up being a big part of a team poised to make a championship run. Do you think the coaches and players don't understand this? They are a team, they live in the community and have known Kane most of their lives. I believe he will and should be accepted with open arms.
Finally, some players may lose some snaps with an added player, that's simple math. But guess what, that happens a great deal on a great many teams. I believe the structure in place at Woodbridge will be able to handle this situation quite nicely. And even though I haven't asked them, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they really don't care what some may think. I know the discipline and accountability that Woodbridge holds their athletes to and Kane will either get on board with that or go watch from the stands.

2.4.6 Transfers for Athletic Advantage - The exceptions listed in subsection 2.4.4 of this regulation shall not apply if the transfer was for athletic advantage. If the student transfers for athletic advantage, the student may still request a waiver of the transfer rule. A transfer for athletic advantage includes but is not limited to any transfer where the primary reason for student's transfer was for any of the following:

2.4.6.1 To seek a superior team.

2.4.6.2 To seek a team more compatible with student’s abilities;

2.4.6.3 Dissatisfaction with the student’s position or playing time;

2.4.6.4 The student follows the coach to another school to which the coach has transferred;

2.4.6.5 Dissatisfaction with the philosophy, policies, methods, or actions of a coach or administrator pertaining to interscholastic athletics;

2.4.6.6 To avoid disciplinary action imposed by another state athletic association;

2.4.6.7 To avoid disciplinary action imposed by the sending school related to or affecting interscholastic athletic participation.

You have zero proof of that. hearsay and rumor and given the scamps down in Delmar and the rumors they ride with it's not surprising you believe that nonsense.. remember I am the guy you were convinced some parent punched out at a game.. lol stop being an old fool

Last edited:
You have zero proof of that. hearsay and rumor and given the scamps down in Delmar and the rumors they ride with it's not surprising you believe that nonsense.. remember I am the guy you were convinced some parent punched me out at a game.. lol stop being an old fool
That was me, pinching you out at the bar. :)

Unless Tech says he is transferring for athletic advantage, which I am sure they would have done by now. What would be the basis of saying he was doing so?

End of the day the local public schools - especially upstate - need this rule. The privates, votechs and charters are killing them.

Reactions: soccer07
End of the day the local public schools - especially upstate - need this rule. The privates, votechs and charters are killing them.

That can only happen via legislation and the disinclination of the powers that be to invest in public education tells you all you need to know.

I wonder if this transfer (transfers?) had anything to do with Woodbridge's seemingly poor performance against Laurel.

My guess it was that as well as the loss of Haynes. Really think Haynes is what him them tonight. Mortality can be something that is very difficult for young people to deal with.No more tee shirts, just reality.

Reactions: ReturnOfTheGate
My guess it was that as well as the loss of Haynes. Really think Haynes is what him them tonight. Mortality can be something that is very difficult for young people to deal with.No more tee shirts, just reality.

Well said Ikey. We have to remember that this is likely these kids' first real brush with tragedy and how cruel life can be. To ask them to be at peak performance all year, talent or not, is a bit much.

Good Lord !!! It is amazing that there are so many "views" on this topic and so much animosity. Most of the opinions have validity. Some are just plain vindictive and some of them are designed to "poke" the lion in the cage.. First of all the primary person that is in a position to clarify what is actually fact or fiction in this whole swirling vortex is Sussex Tech head coach Mark Quillen. He should have all the inside "intel" based on the apparent fact that a Kane family member is on the coaching staff & that if there is / was truly a disciplinary action before the transfer he would certainly be in the know.. Coach Quillen ( a good coach & great person ) has an obligation to his team, his school, DIAA, himself, & Ricky Kane to set the record straight. If there is indeed a disciplinary action in the mix then the rules are pretty clear. This is truly a "teaching" moment on several levels. When mistakes are made, kids, young adults, & grow men & women need to own them. And they need to be taught how to own their mistakes with "class" and nurtured & supported after the fact. In every adversity there is a seed of equal or greater benefit. The secret to success is to find that seed and make it grow.

It truly sets a poor example in every facet of the athletic community to let the "inmates run the asylum". Please do not assume that there is anything more in that comment then was intended. Kids need discipline regardless of whats happening at home. More times than not they need discipline because of whats NOT happening at home. Someone needs to help Ricky Kane take a fearless look inward so he can make good decisions in the next few months as well as long term. He is indeed still a kid! So the "ball" at this point is in coach Quillen's court. Lets hope he runs with it.

I would be remiss if I did not address the Delmar "haters" in this thread and on this site in general. Delmar athletics & academics, our community, and our fans are as good as it gets. Of course there are some "butt heads" in every loyal fan base. But it is obvious to even the most casual observer by the way Delmar fans "travel" to support their teams, especially football, that they are behind the Wildcat Nation.

So lets hope that the same level of support is available to Ricky Kane, Coach Quillen, Coach Bell , DIAA, & the Kane family to resolve this "swirling vortex" is a positive manner.Good luck kid !!!

Reactions: NoQuit and sbb19940
There was discipline with a number of players on Tech team, which I wont get into (nothing serious just players voicing their opinions but that had nothing to do with his transfer. The decision to transfer was very tough for Kane but he has much support from his family, he will be fine. Best of Luck to the Ravens and Raiders the rest of the season!

Last edited:
You make it seem like there was a discipline issue. We don’t known that maybe he had a family issue, doesn’t like the coach, has wanted to transfer for years etx. We have no idea and it’s a done deal so let’s move on.

good luck kid.

Good Lord !!! It is amazing that there are so many "views" on this topic and so much animosity. Most of the opinions have validity. Some are just plain vindictive and some of them are designed to "poke" the lion in the cage.. First of all the primary person that is in a position to clarify what is actually fact or fiction in this whole swirling vortex is Sussex Tech head coach Mark Quillen. He should have all the inside "intel" based on the apparent fact that a Kane family member is on the coaching staff & that if there is / was truly a disciplinary action before the transfer he would certainly be in the know.. Coach Quillen ( a good coach & great person ) has an obligation to his team, his school, DIAA, himself, & Ricky Kane to set the record straight. If there is indeed a disciplinary action in the mix then the rules are pretty clear. This is truly a "teaching" moment on several levels. When mistakes are made, kids, young adults, & grow men & women need to own them. And they need to be taught how to own their mistakes with "class" and nurtured & supported after the fact. In every adversity there is a seed of equal or greater benefit. The secret to success is to find that seed and make it grow.

It truly sets a poor example in every facet of the athletic community to let the "inmates run the asylum". Please do not assume that there is anything more in that comment then was intended. Kids need discipline regardless of whats happening at home. More times than not they need discipline because of whats NOT happening at home. Someone needs to help Ricky Kane take a fearless look inward so he can make good decisions in the next few months as well as long term. He is indeed still a kid! So the "ball" at this point is in coach Quillen's court. Lets hope he runs with it.

I would be remiss if I did not address the Delmar "haters" in this thread and on this site in general. Delmar athletics & academics, our community, and our fans are as good as it gets. Of course there are some "butt heads" in every loyal fan base. But it is obvious to even the most casual observer by the way Delmar fans "travel" to support their teams, especially football, that they are behind the Wildcat Nation.

So lets hope that the same level of support is available to Ricky Kane, Coach Quillen, Coach Bell , DIAA, & the Kane family to resolve this "swirling vortex" is a positive manner.Good luck kid !!!

Would you really expect coach Quillen to comment on this matter at this point? I'm pretty sure there is an element of confidentiality when it comes to student discipline. If Kane was facing discipline it would have been up to the sending school (Tech) to inform the DIAA once the request to transfer was in place.
In summation one of two things happened. Either Kane was not facing discipline or if he was Quillen, decided it was in the best interest of all parties involved not to pursue the issue. You can choose either story you like, the bottom line is it is a done deal.
I also work about a mile from Woodbridge and have not noticed a "swirling vortex" in the area.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT