ADVERTISEMENT

Lacrosse

Agree with DCC about those 6, 3 top public & 3 top private it looks like. Yes Sals is on a national level due to success in years past. That leaves 10 spots for playoff teams, this is the interesting topic IMO. Who is on the rise or decline? Players/teams to go see in person? Any thoughts...

Reactions: DuckCreekCrusader
Cape graduated a ton, as usual, but they always seem to reload well. last year was supposed to be a down-ish year for them but they still made the finals. Sals, Tower Hill and Archmere all lost significant offensive power from last year. Sals surely has players to step up and help fill the void and take some pressure off Drake. Who will step up to offset the losses of Petitt, TH and Duffy, Archmere remains to be seen but those are significant shoes to fill. All three teams should remain strong defensively. TH has the 8th grade goalie from last year and with a year of varsity under his belt will do well. Don't know who will fill Kern's place at Sals. On another note, Friends should continue their upward climb this year with Kratzen in goal keeping them close in a lot of games. Others can chime in on Appo and CR.

I think Appo and CR will be competitive with Sals and Cape.
I agree with DCC (maybe posted in another thread) that the 2nd tier teams should be getting better. Hopefully there is some really competitive games in each conference this year.

Reactions: DuckCreekCrusader
CR will be good this year with a solid Midfield and Attack unit returning. Their defense is very good too. Goalie will be only concern but he is better then most goalies in state and with the defense should do well. I predict a Henlopen Championship this year.

Appo will be good as well. They have a solid Attack unit who can score at will. A defensive unit who will hurt you and make you look silly with their stick skills. Noah Givens will have a coming out party in cage. He stood on is head last year against TH in playoff lose by 1. Look for him to emerge as one of the states best goalies behind Katzen at Friends. Only weak area for Appo might be in the midfield spot. But as long as they can get it to the Attack they will be fine. I predict final 4 showing from them too.

I'm assuming Cape will be good as well, as talent Recycles year in and year out, them and Sallies never worry about having an off year, as they make it the tournament every year

I think ST is going to surprise a lot of people this season. The henlopen north will truly be a 3 team race this year. I can see either of the 3 winning. But none will be able to compete with sals.

I think ST is going to surprise a lot of people this season. The henlopen north will truly be a 3 team race this year. I can see either of the 3 winning. But none will be able to compete with sals.
ST, had a good year and lost first Round to Archmere, don't know too much about ST, what makes them interesting to you

ST, had a good year and lost first Round to Archmere, don't know too much about ST, what makes them interesting to you
Only losing 1 starter from last seasons team, so the attack and poles are all returning. If they can get a midfield and a goalie figured out they could be pretty damn good.

Sallies will run away this year,,, Cape had a magical elixer of a ton of SR's that have played together a long time.. That won't happen again this year.. SALS runs it easily

Only losing 1 starter from last seasons team, so the attack and poles are all returning. If they can get a midfield and a goalie figured out they could be pretty damn good.

Actually, they have two starting middies returning as well, one of which is the Quillen kid's little brother, who plays year round. All the poles and attacks have started together since they were freshmen and have played together in the summer, some of them for the last 6-7 years

Tech's question marks, as always, are depth and goalie.

I think Sals are the favorite once again. Behind them I see TH, Cape, CR, Appo, Archmere, and DMA with chances to make some noise. Cape has an early match up with Archmere so we will see if they have reloaded and are able to run with Sals again this year.

This weekend's games, visitor-time-home team

Friday 04/01/2016

St. Andrew's School --
7:00 PM
Dover High School --

Worcester Prep School --
8:00 PM
Tower Hill School --

Salesianum School --
TBA
Wando High School --

Saturday 04/02/2016

Caesar Rodney High School --
12:00 PM
Wilmington Friends School --

Smyrna High School --
1:00 PM
St. Mark's HS --

Sussex Tech High School --
1:00 PM
Sanford School --

Archmere Academy --
4:00 PM
Cape Henlopen High School --

CR at Friends should be interesting to see
Archmere at Cape, visitor has had tough time past couple of years.

Don't know how much to read into this but Wando was 12-1 going into the game and rated #1 in South Carolina.

MP Sals postponed. They may have trouble fitting in a reschedule so I will not be surprised if the game is not played

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT