ADVERTISEMENT

Lunch Break Bordem

don't be stupid.. there are no poor inner city kids at Caravel... Black athlete does not mean poor inner city kid you dope.. everyone pays tuition yeah there is some financial aide but no free rides and you have to test in and academically stay in..There are plenty of good athletes asked to leave because they couldn't keep up academically .. I wont list them for obvious reasons but it happens every year
you really are one simple SOB. I am so very sorry

That we can agree on. I think if he is a running back in college he is average. I think if he plays safety his ass is going pro. That's my word.

the RB position has changed today,, They dont carry the load anymore.. Its more important they can pick up the blitzes and block as well as being a 5th receiver. Tote the rock when asked to but an every down back is not needed anymore,,Anyone can get a big short yardage guy they are a dime a dozen. the days of Walter Payton, Earl Cambell , Tony Dorsett etc.. are long gone

Not long gone i.e...Ezekiel Elliott, David Johnson, Todd Gurley and Le'veon Bell, plenty of great 3 down backs in the NFL

Not long gone i.e...Ezekiel Elliott, David Johnson, Todd Gurley and Le'veon Bell, plenty of great 3 down backs in the NFL

It used to be every team had one and you could name the RB for every team.. The guys you just named Elliot is the only one that I consider in the conversation and he was a rookie so lets see what happens..When one of them rushes for 2000 yards let me know..hell I will take 1500

the RB position has changed today,, They dont carry the load anymore.. Its more important they can pick up the blitzes and block as well as being a 5th receiver. Tote the rock when asked to but an every down back is not needed anymore,,Anyone can get a big short yardage guy they are a dime a dozen. the days of Walter Payton, Earl Cambell , Tony Dorsett etc.. are long gone

But I think on the whole the RB position in college has more talent than the safety position...hence why I think if he played safety he would be more talented than his peers at that position. At RB I feel like he would be really good but maybe not NFL good

both RB and Safety positions have changed,, Both used to be the easiest to play and being a great athlete was enough.. Nowadays RB's who used to just get the ball and run to the hole or run to the hole and take a fake hand off now they have to understand protection packages and pick up the uncovered rusher or know when to hit the flat for a dump off.. Safeties used to just chase the ball and were the last line of defense or on pass plays just play center field Now they call the coverage and need to know who is a threat vs the coverage and make those adjustments..

NFL safeties are still center fielders but in today's game they have to be able to come up and hit the hole in run support as well as quick and physical enough to cover the tight end position. Actually safeties are the 4th highest salaried positions after QB,Defensive Line and Linebackers. They are ahead of every offensive player except QB's in salary and need. Which tells me they are becoming a rarity in today's game.

Going to college for free is one thing... but being prepared to make the most of the opportunity is another.. If it doesn't result in a "employable degree" then they end up back from where they began.. Unfortunately most BCS offered kids who aren't fortunate enough to make a NFL career end up with nothing,,, Its the same old saying if you pay for it you will respect it

IMO.. your statement is flawed and probably not factual. Being an outlier according your statement it is a little offensive. Granted they are many cases of players not obtaining their degrees. There are many cases of us with degrees that does not make it to the league and part of the reason for pushing so hard is to get that free education so our grind is how we pay for it but that grind isn't always respected nor are a lot of the PSAs prepared for it. They don't prepare you to wake up a 4:30 lift, be a student then go to practice, study then watch film, take care of your body from all year around minus the games from January through July. Most of the schools mainly care about is the money the make off the PSA while they have them and definitely not the kind of degree they give them even if they get one at all. Just my soap box though

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT