8. St. E
9. Cape
10. Sanford
11. Hodgson
12. Newark
13. William Penn
14. Howard
15. Del Castle
Not bad... I watched every team on here... Sallies way too high... Only 2 players can score and guard play is well below average.... Mount will be in top 3 when rankings come out.... Kramer and Ali will do alot of damage and they deep.... Appo too high .... Only Cale... I would make a few changes.. Not many though... Good list

1. Mt. Pleasant
2. St. George's
3. St. Thomas Moore
4. St E
5. Appo
6. Sallies
7. Smyrna
8. Glasgow
9. Cape
10. Sanford
11. Hodgson
12. Newark
13. William Penn
14. Howard
15. Del Castle

Reactions: hoopsdownstate
Lists look decent. From what I saw preseason, every team in the top 6 or so played very inconsistently. Watched lot of talented/ skilled players play poorly and even displayed a sense of disconnection. I did not see anyone play all out all of the time. This year there is no heir apparent for the title!

Lists look decent. From what I saw preseason, every team in the top 6 or so played very inconsistently. Watched lot of talented/ skilled players play poorly and even displayed a sense of disconnection. I did not see anyone play all out all of the time. This year there is no heir apparent for the title!

I can't remember too many years where it's this wide open. I don't see any team standing out.

Which can make for an interesting season. I'm sure there are a couple of teams no one sees that will emerge as contenders. Coaching makes a big difference in years like this IMO.

I think Caravel belongs in any Top 15.

Reactions: ShowTalent40
I would actually put red lion in the top 15. Not sure where yet but they will be a tough team to beat

Mount took down Saint George's today in scrimmage Saint George's started barely came out. Kyson and bones played the whole game. Didn't touch the bench once. Mount bench players handled them with ease. I don't see Saint George's making as much noise as last year.

Reactions: Patcomic
Mount took down Saint George's today in scrimmage Saint George's started barely came out. Kyson and bones played the whole game. Didn't touch the bench once. Mount bench players handled them with ease. I don't see Saint George's making as much noise as last year.
Anymore details God? Mount wins by 1 point on their home court. Tell the whole story God.

Anymore details God? Mount wins by 1 point on their home court. Tell the whole story God.
Well Rod came out on the court whining when they were down 7-0. His kids were getting muscled around and Hyland was being blanketed Ali. Clock ran off two minutes as he bitched to the ref's. Then called a time out. He kept going the entire time. Mount played 12, St. G's 7?
"We just wanna play basketball Lis..."

Here's the The Facts Jack: Mount loses its first two games to Springfield by 7 points and Octorara by 15 points. St Georges beats Octorara and Springfield by double digit points. Last game is MP vs SG. Three games in a row. MP vs SG, Mount immediately goes to rough house tactics and hard fouls to try and even the talent difference Rawls and Hyland bring to the table. Running clock the whole game even during timeouts, and during injury to Hyland with two minutes remaining in the game. Under 1 minute and Hyland still down. Game resumes with under 50 seconds left. SG came to ball, Mount, not sure what their agenda was.

Lo
Here's the The Facts Jack: Mount loses its first two games to Springfield by 7 points and Octorara by 15 points. St Georges beats Octorara and Springfield by double digit points. Last game is MP vs SG. Three games in a row. MP vs SG, Mount immediately goes to rough house tactics and hard fouls to try and even the talent difference Rawls and Hyland bring to the table. Running clock the whole game even during timeouts, and during injury to Hyland with two minutes remaining in the game. Under 1 minute and Hyland still down. Game resumes with under 50 seconds left. SG came to ball, Mount, not sure what their agenda was.
Lol.. Everybody relax.. Wins and losses still 0-0 for Both teams.. They Both be at the Bob this year...

Facts? Pay attention and read between the lines of what you see from a neutral perspective not from one teams point of view.

I did not see the MP / Springfield game but in the Octorara game MP played their bench almost the entire game.

Rough house tactics? SG Coach was whinning as soon as the game started that MP was playing tight defense. Not rough tactics - there is a difference. The clock running - the games i saw were all played with the same running clock so i can only guess that was a agreed upon ahead of time. That shows the focus of SG Coach was to win, who cares about the clock in a scrimmage. Or the score for that matter.

Agendas. From what i saw everyone with the exception of SG played the games as scrimmages; who played to win. In the MP / SG game it sure looked like SG was playing for keeps and MP was playing a scrimmage. Sg played multiple defenses, presssed and a number of offensive sets. Mp played man to man the entire game.

Those are the facts.............Jack

Saint George's isn't heavy this year. Mount will shine. I see maybe one or two games that'll actually give them some competition..

Saint George's isn't heavy this year. Mount will shine. I see maybe one or two games that'll actually give them some competition..
seeing them barely beat St Georges and watching how they played they have more than just 2 games to worry about trust me... Appo , Newark, Glasgow on top of the 2 games at the slam dunk at the beach

seeing them barely beat St Georges and watching how they played they have more than just 2 games to worry about trust me... Appo , Newark, Glasgow on top of the 2 games at the slam dunk at the beach
Cmon man scrimmages don't prove anything. Sleep on Mount but I see only 2 tough instate games. Wasn't including Slam Dunk To The Beach. From what I've seen that Canadian team doesn't look all that great but it'll be fun to watch.

Cmon man scrimmages don't prove anything. Sleep on Mount but I see only 2 tough instate games. Wasn't including Slam Dunk To The Beach. From what I've seen that Canadian team doesn't look all that great but it'll be fun to watch.
What 2 in state games are you talking about ?

AI is a one man band, defend ingle limit his touches, manage the ball on offense game over. St. E played sorry D which is why he torched them. I see it all the time in Delaware & other states, a kid dribbles the ball from one end straight to the bucket on other end nobody stepped up & stop the ball or defend until its at the rim. if you play that kind of d kids like Ingle will score 40.

I
AI is a one man band, defend ingle limit his touches, manage the ball on offense game over. St. E played sorry D which is why he torched them. I see it all the time in Delaware & other states, a kid dribbles the ball from one end straight to the bucket on other end nobody stepped up & stop the ball or defend until its at the rim. if you play that kind of d kids like Ingle will score 40.
I agree...

BOYS BASKETBALL " DelawareOnline Rankings "

1. Mount Pleasant (0-0)

2. Smyrna (1-0)

3. St. Georges (0-0)

4. Sanford (0-0)

5. Salesianum (1-0)

6. Appoquinimink (0-0)

7. Cape Henlopen (0-0)

8. Hodgson (0-0)

9. St. Thomas More (0-0)

10. William Penn (0-0)

Don't know how people didn't have mount on top. Saint Thomas Moore should be a bit higher. Smyrna for sure needs to be lower. And cape and sallies should be switched

Don't know how people didn't have mount on top. Saint Thomas Moore should be a bit higher. Smyrna for sure needs to be lower. And cape and sallies should be switched
Goes to show.. They know nothing... St. Moore... Top 4 easily.... Cape is about right saw them play Polytech lastnight.. They looked horrible... Trailed 12 -0 in First quarter...

BOYS BASKETBALL " DelawareOnline Rankings "

1. Mount Pleasant (0-0)

2. Smyrna (1-0)

3. St. Georges (0-0)

4. Sanford (0-0)

5. Salesianum (1-0)

6. Appoquinimink (0-0)

7. Cape Henlopen (0-0)

8. Hodgson (0-0)

9. St. Thomas More (0-0)

10. William Penn (0-0)
How does hodgson make it over teams like Newark and Glasgow when they only won 5 games last year and they don't have any key transfer or anything that should of put them top 10... More important question how does Glasgow Not make the Top 10 ?????

How does hodgson make it over teams like Newark and Glasgow when they only won 5 games last year and they don't have any key transfer or anything that should of put them top 10... More important question how does Glasgow Not make the Top 10 ?????
Worst rankings i seen in DE in a Long while... Smh ... Sanford too high and Appo too.

Salesianum has a nice team, but they are lacking in experience, particularly in the backcourt (other than Kempski). If they shoot free throws like they did last night, that will cost them a few games. Still, there's no way they should be ranked over St. Thomas More until we have more of a body of work to consider.

I'm not sure William Penn belongs in the top 10 just yet. Christensen is working with one returning starter (Crumel) and only a couple of kids who played last year. I think, however, by the middle of the season WP will deserve that kind of ranking. Very athletic kids who play hard, and an outstanding coach who made some adjustments at halftime that paid off.

Agreed, those rankings are bad. St. Thomas Moore is a top 3 team, graduation hit sanford hard they should be removed from top 5. Newark is better than I expected this year & should be in top ten.

Reactions: hoopsdownstate
Salesianum has a nice team, but they are lacking in experience, particularly in the backcourt (other than Kempski). If they shoot free throws like they did last night, that will cost them a few games. Still, there's no way they should be ranked over St. Thomas More until we have more of a body of work to consider.

I'm not sure William Penn belongs in the top 10 just yet. Christensen is working with one returning starter (Crumel) and only a couple of kids who played last year. I think, however, by the middle of the season WP will deserve that kind of ranking. Very athletic kids who play hard, and an outstanding coach who made some adjustments at halftime that paid off.
Sallies at their best is better than St. Thomas Moore at their best, I watched that game & what I noticed was not only a lack of backcourt experience but them playing the wrong combination of guys & players not understanding their roles. I thought Darnell Vaughn came of the bench & made a major impact for sallies & should be a starter on that team over the less talented seniors. He in my opinion is the missing peace. The other issue is number 4 Terrotolla is a ball hog multiple times Ingraham in the post never even looked @ him to the point where Ingraham picked up 2 frustration fouls & was sent to the bench. Nowak is the other kid killing them with Terrotolla, both getting senior minutes but lack the skillsets of Vaughn or Jack Brown. Sallies coaches has to teach them kids to make post entry passes, Ingraham could of scored 50 if they learned that skill. They could have crushed penn by 40 if they knew how to use the big guy. I think Ingraham got like 5 touches that game & shot 9-10 from foul line where he got his points. The rule should be nobody shoots until he touches the rock unless u wide open & what's interesting is that kid is unselfish to a fault & passes the ball better than most gaurds, what a waste of talent, send that kid to Sanford, Delcastle, Penn they know how to use him.. William Penn will be good, a lot of changes for them, less talented this year but coaching is excellent .

Last edited:
Reactions: jvm3
Sallies at their best is better than St. Thomas Moore at their best, I watched that game & what I noticed was not only a lack of backcourt experience but them playing the wrong combination of guys & players not understanding their roles. I thought Darnell Vaughn came of the bench & made a major impact for sallies & should be a starter on that team over the less talented seniors. He in my opinion is the missing peace. The other issue is number 4 Terrotolla is a ball hog multiple times Ingraham in the post never even looked @ him to the point where Ingraham picked up 2 frustration fouls & was sent to the bench. Nowak is the other kid killing them with Terrotolla, both getting senior minutes but lack the skillsets of Vaughn or Jack Brown. Sallies coaches has to teach them kids to make post entry passes, Ingraham could of scored 50 if they learned that skill. They could have crushed penn by 40 if they knew how to use the big guy. I think Ingraham got like 5 touches that game & shot 9-10 from foul line where he got his points. The rule should be nobody shoots until he touches the rock unless u wide open & what's interesting is that kid is unselfish to a fault & passes the ball better than most gaurds, what a waste of talent, send that kid to Sanford, Delcastle, Penn they know how to use him.. William Penn will be good, a lot of changes for them, less talented this year but coaching is excellent .
Ingram at Sallies is waste of Time.... He will not get better playing with that team... They will not beat St. Moore period..Ingram need to leave Sallies and go Play along aside Davis at San ford.. Just a thought...

Ingram at Sallies is waste of Time.... He will not get better playing with that team... They will not beat St. Moore period..Ingram need to leave Sallies and go Play along aside Davis at San ford.. Just a thought...
Could u imagine that, both those kids on same team. I don't know however what the future is for Sanford basketball, Waterman not getting talent anymore & it's speculation Davis may be leaving state. Politics & money is big @ private schools so the pressure to play certain kids less talented or maintain a certain balance is huge. Basically if little Johnny not playing my 200,000 donation not coming, & there goes your financial aid for the brown kids(talent).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT