ADVERTISEMENT

My final Tourney bracket predition #1-#24

The South is sad. That's why I never give credit to anyone in the South because besides Woodbridge and Milford everyone else is bad. Playing Sussex academy twice a year and beating them by 60 every game isn't right. It's really sad that these teams take away a spot from another teams that actually deserves it.

Reactions: listening to noise
Thank god Middletown isn't in there like I saw in someone else's selections

@8yaz If Middletown were in or had been in then that loss last night to previously 5-13 Polytech would have surely pushed them out so I think you have your wish.

Well Cape is in the North and usually the North is always decent for basketball. Correct Milford played way better schedules than both of them. Wish Milford would of found a different game for that s.academy games though.

Reactions: 84rider
Well Cape is in the North and usually the North is always decent for basketball. Correct Milford played way better schedules than both of them. Wish Milford would of found a different game for that s.academy games though.
That wasnt the problem.. Shouldnt loss to IR or Lake Forest ... Now good luck going to #3 Newark second round.. Just lost to bad Appo team... Smh

They can't get around playing Sussex Academy, twice at that, since DIAA allowed them to enter the Henlopen South.

You should only get 1 standard point for beating teams with less then .250 winning percentage. Sussex academy was 0-3 against north. They lost too Design Lab twice & got blown out my dapps. Those are the 2 worst teams upstate.

Correct no way Sussex Academy should be in Henlopen South. S.Academy is terrible though Milford and Woodbridge scored almost 100 on them. Milford did screw themselves by losing to Lake and IR for sure.

I don't see that Salisbury Christian will have played the minimum number of games (15) for the results of their game tonight against Laurel to count towards Laurel's final average point total. Laurel would end up below 1.80 if tonight doesn't count as a 2 point win...

They found a way to game the system and it's easy. Step 1. Schedule (6) of the below non conference teams (if they are really bad twice):

Worcester Prep School (MD)
Delmarva Christian HS
Salisbury School (MD)
Holly Grove Christian School (MD)
Nandua HS (VA) (Laurel travels Va to beat a team that they historically beat by 20pts, so 2 yr contract is no excuse)
Sussex Academy (Counts as League game)
Salisbury Christian School (MD)
DE Academy of Public Safety and Security
Design-Lab DE HS

Step 2. All the south teams schedule these schools so they are guaranteed 6 wins and the rest of the 14 games are conference games. It doesn't take a mathematician to see you just need to go .500 in league play (14/2 games) and you will be at least 13-7 and more that likely get bonus points from the teams finishing 8-6 in league just above you for an overall record of 14-6 (.701) to get the additional bonus points.

IMHO the Henlopen South could guarantee getting 4 or 5 teams to states each year if AD's just get together with scheduling no matter how good they are. I thought I was wrong but I was wondering why did Laurel schedule 2 games with a non-conference team that they beat by 30+ points.

I'm not hating on Laurel just using them as an example, it is what it is . . . . . mathematically the Henlopen South is more likely to get more teams in the State Tournament compared to conference strength then any other conference..

Last edited:
They found a way to game the system and it's easy. Step 1 schedule (6) of the below non conference teams:

Worcester Prep School (MD)
Delmarva Christian HS
Salisbury School (MD)
Holly Grove Christian School (MD)
Nandua HS (VA) (Laurel travels Va to beat a team that they historically beat by 20pts, so 2 yr contract is no excuse)
Sussex Academy (Counts as League game)
Salisbury Christian School (MD)
DE Academy of Public Safety and Security
Design-Lab DE HS
So if all the south teams schedule these schools they are guaranteed 6 wins and the rest of the 14 games are conference games. It doesn't take a mathematician to see you just need to go .500 in league play (14/2 games) and you will be at least 13-7 and more that likely get bonus points from the teams finishing just 8-6 in league for an overall record of 14-6 (.701) to get the additional bonus points.

IMHO the Henlopen South could guarantee getting 4 or 5 teams to states each year if AD's just get together with scheduling no matter how good they are. I thought I was wrong but I was wondering why did Laurel girls schedule 2 games with a non-conference team that they beat by 20+ points.

I'm not hating on Laurel just using then as an example, it is what it is . . . . . mathematically the Henlopen South is more likely to get more teams in the State Tournament compared to conference strength.

Exactly!!!

I don't see that Salisbury Christian will have played the minimum number of games (15) for the results of their game tonight against Laurel to count towards Laurel's final average point total. Laurel would end up below 1.80 if tonight doesn't count as a 2 point win...

Maxpreps shows 19 games on their schedule. Should be OK.

Maxpreps shows 19 games on their schedule. Should be OK.
I know I've seen other comments on here about the accuracy of Maxpreps.

If you look closer, you'll see that some of the games on there show them playing the same team on back-to-back days - and all the games that are listed don't have final reported scores.

It also has a game listed at Laurel on 12/7/16 that's not on Bulldogs-sports.com.

I guess somebody's gonna have to give them a call & find out what their record is...

They can't get around playing Sussex Academy, twice at that, since DIAA allowed them to enter the Henlopen South.
DIAA didn't allow them in. It was the Henlopen Conference AD's that let a Bastinelli's school in. Fact is they should be playing a JV schedule. Easy for him as AD b/c he didn't have to work to schedule games. They were handed to him. Lazy and stupid.

Lol. Looks like Sussex Academy is in also. Looks like First State Military Academy JV has also outpointed Howard and Friends.

The real question why does the henlopen conference still play each team twice in their division?

One home one away, it's been that way for at least 37yrs as I can remember, tradition???

Did the Diamond State Conference lose their auto-bid because of the "top 50% rule"?

The real question why does the henlopen conference still play each team twice in their division?
This probably goes back to when there were fewer available options years ago, just a guess. But I agree this is something that really needs to be looked at. Adding SSX Academy really did through things off balance, two less at large games for everyone.

Looking at Basketball, maybe they should only allow the top for teams from the previous season, in the division to go home and home for the following year. Allowing the upper tier teams (in the Henny south) to schedule games against tougher opponents up state.

The fact that Woodbridge basically had only 3 games they could schedule out of conference is a shame. They are a lot of fun to watch and bring it every night. If they would have been able to schedule say 3 more games against more challenging competition, everyone gets better.

This probably goes back to when there were fewer available options years ago, just a guess. But I agree this is something that really needs to be looked at. Adding SSX Academy really did through things off balance, two less at large games for everyone.

Looking at Basketball, maybe they should only allow the top for teams from the previous season, in the division to go home and home for the following year. Allowing the upper tier teams (in the Henny south) to schedule games against tougher opponents up state.

The fact that Woodbridge basically had only 3 games they could schedule out of conference is a shame. They are a lot of fun to watch and bring it every night. If they would have been able to schedule say 3 more games against more challenging competition, everyone gets better.

The Henlopen South actually does get 6 out of conference games...they play each of the other 7 teams twice leaving 6 remaining out of conference games. Before this year's addition of Sussex Academy they were getting 8 just like the Henlopen North.

6 or 8 wouldn't change anything Woodbridge and Milford could schedule tougher out of conference teams but the rest could schedule JV teams playing varsity twice each and still be in the playoffs.

DIAA needs to look at scheduling and tweak the rules like if you play a team under .250 twice you only get 1 point.

Reactions: pitt8179
The Henlopen South actually does get 6 out of conference games...they play each of the other 7 teams twice leaving 6 remaining out of conference games. Before this year's addition of Sussex Academy they were getting 8 just like the Henlopen North.
Correct. I just looked at Milford's schedule, always assumed everyone in the South, played everyone in the North one time. As most of you already know, I am an ass. The point is kind of the same, you need to be in the top 4, in the South to double schedule home and home the following season. Get these teams out of their comfort zone.

I believe how the blue hen conference is set up is how it should be acrossed the state. You still have the option to play a team in your division twice if u decide to schedule it. Let these kid travel up and down state to see different things. Plus it would prepare them when the tournament starts. Just my opinion

Flight A plays 12 out of conference games flight B plays 13.

OK now Sanford around #11 makes a lot more sense than 20 or lower...way to motivate them towards the end of the season. But man that is a hell of a 2nd Round matchup if they were to have to play Newark, 2 Final 4 (if not chip) type of teams where one wouldn't even be able to make it to the quarterfinals at the Bob.
I like Sanford over Newark

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT