ADVERTISEMENT

Officially wrestling season!!

a good start is what weights do we think defending guys are going?
radecki
gabe
poore
thode
poore
bender
hall
Griffith
negron
and what defending team Champs have coming back
caravel and cape
That is true! - I will say with everything going back to normal with team states I don’t think Cape has a shot tbh

Reactions: DMA_302TakeOver
I think the biggest questions are what are poore and thode going? will they match up or go 126 and 132 respectively. do bender and poore match up or is poore too big now and what happens with Negron and Griffith. those are the most interesting options I think. Cape and Caravel are both loaded and wrestle this year. Sallesium is a contender in D1 for sure but noone in D2 can challenge Caravel

I think the biggest questions are what are poore and thode going? will they match up or go 126 and 132 respectively. do bender and poore match up or is poore too big now and what happens with Negron and Griffith. those are the most interesting options I think. Cape and Caravel are both loaded and wrestle this year. Sallesium is a contender in D1 for sure but noone in D2 can challenge Caravel
Don’t sleep on Milford. They have a lot of good wrestlers returning as well.

Reactions: DMA_302TakeOver
oh yeah who they got? I agree they should be solid. good base if they can fill in but no big transfers
thode
copes
thode
Briscoe
copes

Reactions: trapblock22
oh yeah who they got? I agree they should be solid. good base if they can fill in but no big transfers
thode
copes
thode
Briscoe
copes
If it were the same format as last year (individual tourney points) then those 5 could rack ‘em up. Funny that you guys didn’t mention Smyrna but I guess we all can assume they have a shot every year.

DMA should be strong. What Henlopen South team would be the favorite? DooleyBridge?

Smyrna should br pretty good
Hudson
Gabe
wells
lienzark sp
good down low but might struggle up top

thode
copes
thode
Briscoe
copes
Yea they have a lot returning state placers and I think Sallies will be very good as well. Especially in the Heavies
If it were the same format as last year (individual tourney points) then those 5 could rack ‘em up. Funny that you guys didn’t mention Smyrna but I guess we all can assume they have a shot every year.

DMA should be strong. What Henlopen South team would be the favorite? DooleyBridge?
Smyrna will always be in the mix with their feeder program and those guys put in the work this off-season. However, I think Sallies and Milford will be the top teams in that division this year. Sallies had some guys do well during freestyle/Greco events and got a couple solid transfers.

Yea they have a lot returning state placers and I think Sallies will be very good as well. Especially in the Heavies

Smyrna will always be in the mix with their feeder program and those guys put in the work this off-season. However, I think Sallies and Milford will be the top teams in that division this year. Sallies had some guys do well during freestyle/Greco events and got a couple solid transfers.
Cape, Sallies and Milford*
I forgot to add Cape in there

Reactions: oldtimer60
Div. 1 will have 7 teams, that are somewhat equal, fighting for that top spot. What's cool is that most of them wrestle each other during the season. It goes: cape, sallies, smyrna, cr, milford, wm penn, and sussex central. ( These aren't in any particular order, ranking wise. Just the teams that come to mind.)

Div. 2.. obviously caravel is taking the top spot but I still like dma's team. They have a great group of wrestlers with great coaching. I'm also intrigued with Woodbridge. Dooley being the head football coach is going to bring a great amount of talent to the mat. Woodbridge has had tough wrestlers and adding that hard-nose new castle style of wrestling to their repertoire is going to be interesting to see.

sals is pretty good
nice balance
davis
sullivan
Sama
bartkowski
bartkowski
vin muerer
agresti
miller
sama

cape has quite a few returning semifinalists finalists top guys
Frederick
bender
fritchman
kammerer
deevy
Taylor
Rupert

Exciting to finally be back around high school wrestling. My son is finally in high school so I can finally dive deep into all the teams and wrestlers. Going to be a little rough for him when he starts since it is almost 2 years since he last wrestled due to covid. But looking forward to arguing with all you guys throughout the season 😉

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT