ADVERTISEMENT

Players to watch 2018-2019

Davis and Njoku at Sanford for starters.

Shaft Clark at CR should be good...I heard this cat is a bad mutha...

Interested to see how Davis and Peace develop as a backcourt in Dover.

Jaymeir Garnett's senior year should yield some scoring punch.

Reactions: Chill44 and jvm3
Davis and Njoku at Sanford for starters.

Shaft Clark at CR should be good...I heard this cat is a bad mutha...

Interested to see how Davis and Peace develop as a backcourt in Dover.

Jaymeir Garnett's senior year should yield some scoring punch.

Elijah Allen for Dover had an unbelievable summer!! One of the top players in the Henlopen Conference/State!

I forgot that young man's name someone just told me about him the other day, my apologies. Dover should've had a final four team last year, let's see if they get there this time around.

Devon Reynolds, Ricky Kane, Shawny Johnson, Skyler (Sussex Tech)

Vasquez- (Lake)

Jamon Kane, Troy Hanes, (Tyty (freshmen)- (Woodbridge)

Riley- (Central)

Shaft- (CR)

Garnett- (Smyrna)

Davis, Allen, Peace- (Dover)

The Perkins cousins @ Sanford.
This year will be big for Corey Perkins. I saw some of his AAU games this Summer. He looked really good out there.
Hassan always works hard. Both were a part of some great programs. I believe they both were with the We-R1 program this Spring/Summer.

Jyare Davis and Nnanna Njoku @ Sanford also worked hard during the Spring and Summer Season. Both played for (Team Final) I believe. I think Jyare also played for the USA team. They attended some college camps, Hoop Group, and other showcases as well. I believe they participated in some special training camps as well.

Even Devin Harris of Sanford should have a respectable year as well.

Shaft Clark of CR will have a huge year. A few games I’ve watched him play in AAU (I believe We R-1) this summer and some showcases, he looked phenomenal. He is a big body who knows what to do with the ball. He is an inside and outside threat who favors getting it done from the outside.

I’m not sure if Jayvon Palmer is still with CR, but if he is, that kid will do his thing too.

Bones of St. George’s Tech - if healthy- will have a strong year. However, the most recent game I watched him play at the Delaware vs New York showcase, he seemed to still be recuperating. He played one quarter, and never played again. He seemed to be jogging slowly and didn’t look 100% at all. I pray he waits until he’s fully recovered. He is a unique talent, strong kid, and one of the best in the state.

Fah’Mir Ali will continue to impress for Mount Pleasant. I watched a few of his games at the Hoop Group Camp at Albright College this Summer. And he’s just a dominant player on the court. Not too many will be able to stop him from getting to the basket without fouling him.

Jaymeir Garnett will dominate this year for Smyrna. He will be Smyrna’s go-to guy.
I believe Nalik Veasley-Johnson will be big on put backs and boards as well.
Nashon Sylvester might step up for Smyrna this year as well. I’m not sure of what type of Summer work he had.

Elijah Allen has had a great Summer season in the AAU circuit playing for D1 Dynasty where he has put up some 30, 40, and 50 points in Indiana and at the CP3 showcase I believe. He was dominating in the Delaware summer league as well. He’s grown some inches physically as well. He will be a force.

Eden Davis has put in work too during the Spring/Summer playing for top Jersey team “Team Rio National”. Coached by former D1 Head coach Of Rutgers. He was on a team with 5-Star players in which 4 of his teammates just committed to top D1 colleges. (Players like Scottie Lewis and Bryan Antoine). He Played in the UUA Circuit in Atlanta, Dallas, Fab48, West Coast Elite, Hoop Group Elite Camp

This year will be big for Corey Perkins. I saw some of his AAU games this Summer. He looked really good out there.
Hassan always works hard. Both were a part of some great programs. I believe they both were with the We-R1 program this Spring/Summer.

Jyare Davis and Nnanna Njoku @ Sanford also worked hard during the Spring and Summer Season. Both played for (Team Final) I believe. I think Jyare also played for the USA team. They attended some college camps, Hoop Group, and other showcases as well. I believe they participated in some special training camps as well.

Shaft Clark of CR will have a huge year. A few games I’ve watched him play in AAU (I believe We R-1) this summer and some showcases, he looked phenomenal. He is a big body who knows what to do with the ball. He is an inside and outside threat who favors getting it done from the outside.

I’m not sure if Jayvon Palmer is still with CR, but if he is, that kid will do his thing too.

Bones of St. George’s Tech - if healthy- will have a strong year. However, the most recent game I watched him play at the Delaware vs New York showcase, he seemed to still be recuperating. He played one quarter, and never played again. He seemed to be jogging slowly and didn’t look 100% at all. I pray he waits until he’s fully recovered. He is a unique talent, strong kid, and one of the best in the state.

Fah’Mir Ali will continue to impress for Mount Pleasant. I watched a few of his games at the Hoop Group Camp at Albright College this Summer. And he’s just a dominant player on the court. Not too many will be able to stop him from getting to the basket without fouling him.

Jaymeir Garnett will dominate this year for Smyrna. He will be Smyrna’s go-to guy.
Nashon Sylvester might step up for Smyrna this year as well. I’m not sure of what type of Summer work he had.

Elijah Allen has had a great Summer season in the AAU circuit playing for D1 Dynasty where he has put up some 30, 40, and 50 points in Indiana and at the CP3 showcase I believe. He was dominating in the Delaware summer league as well. He’s grown some inches physically as well. He will be a force.

Eden Davis has put in work too during the Spring/Summer playing for top Jersey team “Team Rio National”. Coached by former D1 Head coach Of Rutgers. He was on a team with 5-Star players in which 4 of his teammates just committed to top D1 colleges. (Players like Scottie Lewis and Bryan Antoine). He Played in the UUA Circuit in Atlanta, Dallas, Fab48, West Coast Elite, Hoop Group Elite Camp

Terrific write up!

What did you think of Mike Rice? He get his temper under control?

Reactions: Chill44

Veasley from Smyrna transfered

Great report Roddavis

Downstate
Garnett (Smyrna)
Clark (C.R.)
Allen, Davis, Peace (Dover)
Jamere Felton (IR)
Haynes + Kane (WB)
Kadeem Kimbrough Roach (L.F.)
Vasquez (L.F.)
Riley (S.C.)
Chandler+Rushin (Cape)
Johnson, Reynolds, Kane (S.T.)

Uptop
We don’t really care but
Sanford is looking scary good. They are the “Juice Crew”
Ali is a problem
Want to see this young kid from Sallies. I hear he can hoop and could be the next one.
Delcastle has some players who will be tough

Everyone has already mentioned the big ones like Ali, J Davis (Sanford), E Davis (Dover), Clark (CR), Bones and Money (ST E's)

I'll add a few off the radar guys
Fields- McKean
Bowling - WP
Earl- Caravel

Reactions: 84rider and Chill44
Is Garnett going to miss the first game for the ejection against St E's? Or, does he play another sport that he sat out a game for?

Devon Reynolds, Ricky Kane, Shawny Johnson, Skyler (Sussex Tech)

Vasquez- (Lake)

Jamon Kane, Troy Hanes, (Tyty (freshmen)- (Woodbridge)

Riley- (Central)

Shaft- (CR)

Garnett- (Smyrna)

Davis, Allen, Peace- (Dover)

Ricky Kane has my nuts in his face multiple times last year

The other Kane had my nuts also once and when we play UD I hope to tea bag Kani

Just saw this list on another site. Ranking of Best Players in DE.

Not my list but what do you think? I don't know all these guys but one glaring omission is Corey Perkins from Sanford.

NAME HGT CLASS SCHOOL
Nah’Shon Hyland 6’4″ Sr St. George’s
2 Jyare Davis 6’7″ Jr Sanford
3 Nnanna Njoku 6’8″ Soph Sanford
4 Kvonn Cramer 6’6″ Sr Mt. Pleasant
5 Shaft Clark 6’8″ Sr Caesar Rodney
6 Jameir Garnett 6’6″ Sr Smyrna
7 Mark Bradshaw 6’0″ Sr Glasgow
8 Fah’Mir Ali 5’11” Sr Mt. Pleasant
9 Jordan Brown 5’9″ Sr St. Elizabeth
10 O’Dunayo Ogundo 6’8″ Jr Delcastle
11 Hassan Perkins 5’10” Jr Sanford
12 Eden Davis 5’10” Jr Dover
13 Jah-Keish Demby 6’5″ Jr Christiana
14 Jamier Felton 6’4″ Sr Indian River
15 Dwayne Earl 5’11” Jr Caravel
16 Timothy Farley 6’3″ Sr Friends
17 Jack Brown 6’6″ Sr Salesianum
18 Jaysem Vazquez 5’11” Jr Lake Forest
19 Kamal Yellowdy 6’0″ Jr Appoquinimink
20 Mike McCants 6’6″ Sr St. George’s
21 Kareem Ewell 6’5″ Soph St. Thomas Moore
22 Justin Money 6’1″ Sr St. Elizabeth
23 Femi Oliwere 6’6″ Jr Delcastle
24 Ese Efekodo 6’6″ Jr Appoquinimink
25 Sh’Kai Chandler 6’3″ Jr Cape Henlopen

Not my list but what do you think? I don't know all these guys but one glaring omission is Corey Perkins from Sanford.

NAME HGT CLASS SCHOOL

Corey Perkins is definitely one of the top 10 players in this state.

Reactions: theWILL2WIN
The Kids In the South Wont Get Respect Because They’re In The South. Corey Perkins Is Decent But Not Top 10. Someone Else Should Do These Rankings

The Kids In the South Wont Get Respect Because They’re In The South. Corey Perkins Is Decent But Not Top 10. Someone Else Should Do These Rankings

SouthernBBall.......Have you seen Corey play this summer????? He is definitely one of the top 10 players in this state! Also one of the top 5 guards in the state!

It’s Three Guards In Southern Delaware Who I Think Is Better. Elijah Allen, Eden Davis and Jaysem Vazquez. Sanford Kids Always Get Overhyped.

Vasquez nor Allen are better than Perkins. Allen hasnt shown the ability to make others better and run a team. Perkins can control tempo. Same goes for Vasquez who at times can Hurt his team mentally by of his emotions.

All 3 are solid players and I respect them.

Reactions: jvm3
If you mean Cramer, there's a good chance he doesn't play this year either. More knee problems.

NAME HGT CLASS SCHOOL

I think Darnell Vaughn at Salesianum. He is a grinder who hasn't hit his stride yet.

Nnanna is one interesting prospect. He is cool and calm. He is really good around the basket. At this point in time he does not show gazelle like athleticism but seems to have a high basketball IQ. When he develops a shot he will remind the Bumster of a young Paul Silas.
D1 power forward?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT