7. Mount (2.53 index)
  8. Woodbridge (2.42 index)
  9. Delmarva Christian (2.3 index)
  10. Smyrna (2.2 index)
  11. Middletown (2.2 index)
  12. Tower Hill (2.17 index)
  13. Caravel (2.1 index)
  14. Sussex Tech (1.95 index)
There are still many games to occur which would change some indexes. For example, Laurel still has a game against Lake Forest which with drop their index and Sanford will win tie breaker. I believe Sanford locked the one seed. Due to a weak schedule with only 17 bonus points, Dover falls to the 5 spot, but they have possible wins and bonus points during the HAC Championship. With this current standings, Sanford, Appo, Dover, Woodbridge would all be on one side of bracket. Interesting. (All standings are calculated through 2 points per win, 1 point for team over .501, and 1 point for team over .701) Rough copy, not final could be many mistakes.
Great job, very informative Thanks!

Reactions: DEbasketballguy
The
CURRENT RANKINGS
  1. Laurel (2.84 index)
  2. Sanford (2.8 index)
  3. Penn (2.78 index)
  4. Appo (2.74 index)
  5. Dover (2.68 index)
  6. Mount (2.53 index)
  7. Salesianum (2.45 index)
  10. Smyrna (2.2 index)
  13. Caravel (2.1 index)
There are still many games to occur which would change some indexes. For example, Laurel still has a game against Lake Forest which with drop their index and Sanford will win tie breaker. I believe Sanford locked the one seed. Due to a weak schedule with only 17 bonus points, Dover falls to the 5 spot, but they have possible wins and bonus points during the HAC Championship. With this current standings, Sanford, Appo, Dover, Woodbridge would all be on one side of bracket. Interesting. (All standings are calculated through 2 points per win, 1 point for team over .501, and 1 point for team over .701) Rough copy, not final could be many mistakes.
No one receives any points off conference championship games. They are just free(extra) games.

Reactions: DEbasketballguy
CURRENT RANKINGS
  1. Laurel (2.84 index)
  2. Sanford (2.8 index)
  3. Penn (2.78 index)
  4. Appo (2.74 index)
  5. Dover (2.68 index)
  6. Mount (2.53 index)
  7. Salesianum (2.45 index)
  10. Smyrna (2.2 index)
  13. Caravel (2.1 index)
If Laurel beats Lake that will only boost their index considering they would receive 3 points for that win.

Does these calculations give Sanford & anyone else who played St. Andrew’s 2 bonus points? I’m only asking because if so & Newark beats St. Andrew’s tomorrow then that would lower Sanford’s point index. Laurel could really be looking at the #1 or #2 seed in the tournament w/ a win against Lake...Wooowww.

Last edited:
If Laurel beats Lake that will only boost their index considering they would receive 3 points for that win.

Does these calculations give Sanford & anyone else who played St. Andrew’s 2 bonus points? I’m only asking because if so & Newark beats St. Andrew’s tomorrow then that would lower Sanford’s point index. Laurel could really be looking at the #1 seed in the tournament w/ a win against Lake...Wooowww.
Sad but true.. But they ain't no threat with 1 seed.. I hope they do get 1 seed.. Dover take of them easily and Sanford would beat Penn

Sad but true.. But they ain't no threat with 1 seed.. I hope they do get 1 seed.. Dover take of them easily and Sanford would beat Penn
I guess that’s a good way to look at it if they were to get the 1 & Dover got the 4/5 seed we could still end up seeing Sanford/Dover in the Chip. Laurel could have their hands full even in that 2nd round w/ the 15-18 seeds depending on their draw, then again in the quarterfinals w/ a 7/8 seed so either way I don’t see them even getting to the semis no matter what seed they end up getting.

I guess that’s a good way to look at it if they were to get the 1 & Dover got the 4/5 seed we could still end up seeing Sanford/Dover in the Chip. Laurel could have their hands full even in that 2nd round w/ the 15-18 seeds depending on their draw, then again in the quarterfinals w/ a 7/8 seed so either way I don’t see them even getting to the semis no matter what seed they end up getting.
The old piont system. Lol.. Smh..

I currently have projected as long as the favorites of games win out
1. Sanford
2. Laurel
3. Dover- my math can be wrong here as I have Dover with 1 more point than appo and penn but it’s so close between these 3.
4. Penn
5. Appo
6. Sallies
7. Mount
8. Woodbridge
9. Delmarva Christian
10. St Andrews
11. Tower hill- just to give how close 10-18 is if st Andrews or tower hill loses tower hill can fall to a 18 seed
12. Middletown
13. Delcastle
14. Smryna
15. Caravel
16. CR
17. Seaford
18. Dickinson
19. Hodgson
20. Lake-
21. St E
22. NCS- needs 1 more win
23. Tech-
24. Delmar- needs friends to lose out

1. Sanford
2. Laurel
3. Dover- my math can be wrong here as I have Dover with 1 more point than appo and penn but it’s so close between these 3.
4. Penn
5. Appo
6. Sallies
7. Mount
8. Woodbridge
9. Delmarva Christian
10. St Andrews
11. Tower hill- just to give how close 10-18 is if st Andrews or tower hill loses tower hill can fall to a 18 seed
12. Middletown
13. Delcastle
14. Smryna
15. Caravel
16. CR
17. Seaford
18. Dickinson
19. Hodgson
20. Lake-
21. St E
23. Tech-
Ok bout to do math on Penn, Dover, and Laurel.. Don't need Maxprep to look up records because they not allways be accurate..

Does these calculations give Sanford & anyone else who played St. Andrew’s 2 bonus points? I’m only asking because if so & Newark beats St. Andrew’s tomorrow then that would lower Sanford’s point index. Laurel could really be looking at the #1 or #2 seed in the tournament w/ a win against Lake...Wooowww.[/QUOTE

don’t feel like buying the subscription so make a new account lol. I calculated the index with the current amount of games. Even with the 3 point win, the index would drop to 2.8 (tieing Sanford). I accounted for one St. Andrews bonus point but waiting for the Newark game. Thanks for the note about championship games, was wondering.]

I guess what I’m not understanding is how Laurel’s point index would drop from 2.84 to 2.8 if they beat Lake & receive 3 points for that win. Those 3 points are more than their 2.84 index, so it should go up is what I’m saying. If someone is averaging 20.0 pts/game & scores 22 in their next game then the average goes up, it can’t go down if you score more than your average or in this case receive more points than your index/average.

I guess what I’m not understanding is how Laurel’s point index would drop from 2.84 to 2.8 if they beat Lake & receive 3 points for that win. Those 3 points are more than their 2.84 index, so it should go up is what I’m saying. If someone is averaging 20.0 pts/game & scores 22 in their next game then the average goes up, it can’t go down if you score more than your average or in this case receive more points than your index/average.
Laurel has a total of 55 points .. There index will be 2.75 not 2.84 .. Only if they beat Lake tonight.. 18×2= 36 points and 19 bonus points is 55 .. 55÷20 gives you 2.75..

Laurel has a total of 55 points .. There index will be 2.75 not 2.84 .. Only if they beat Lake tonight.. 18×2= 36 points and 19 bonus points is 55 .. 55÷20 gives you 2.75..
OK I was going by that 2.84 posted n the original post wondering how they would have went down to 2.8, either way w/ a win it can only get better.

How close did you have Tatnall to getting in? They just beat Dickinson today 53-50 to finish the season 9-11, including 2 straight 4-point wins over Tower Hill & Dickinson.

How close did you have Tatnall to getting in? They just beat Dickinson today 53-50 to finish the season 9-11, including 2 straight 4-point wins over Tower Hill & Dickinson.
I think they are in tied with tech with 39 points total 1.95 index

I did a quick run through, looks like they have a 2.1 index presently

42 total points

Reactions: J12
Any chance Dickinson at 16-4 can sneak in? I was hoping for a chance to see that Ewell kid play.

Any chance Dickinson at 16-4 can sneak in? I was hoping for a chance to see that Ewell kid play.
Why would they have to "SNEAK' in if they are 16-4??? Ewell just lost to 8th graders last night at Tatnall. All he can do is dunk

Interesting take. Against Tower and Mount I saw plenty of face up, dribble drives, post-up and three pointers...
Well I definitely didn't see any of that, kid receives technical fouls and flagrant fouls on the regular. Seems childish, I don't see the trait to "overcome" when things are going bad. We shall see come tourney time

1. Sanford
2. Laurel
4. Penn
5. Appo
6. Sallies
7. Mount
8. Woodbridge
9. Delmarva Christian
10. St Andrews
12. Middletown
13. Delcastle
14. Smryna
15. Caravel
16. CR
17. Seaford
18. Dickinson
19. Hodgson
20. Lake-
21. St E
23. Tech-
St. Andrews managed to lose to Newark today, teams 10-15 I currently have in a 5 way tie now... also tatnall is on the outside of the top 24 now

St. Andrews managed to lose to Newark today, teams 10-15 I currently have in a 5 way tie now... also tatnall is on the outside of the top 24 now
W/ St. Andrew’s losing to Newark pulling 2 bonus points away from Sanford & Laurel beating Lake tonight do you have Laurel getting that #1 seed in the tournament?

I thought the head to head Tiebreaker was always first. if that's the case, the Newark would be Flight B champ.
Newark lost to Glasgow & Brandywine which would give them 2 Flight B losses I believe. Dickinson only has that 1 Flight B loss to Newark.

W/ St. Andrew’s losing to Newark pulling 2 bonus points away from Sanford & Laurel beating Lake tonight do you have Laurel getting that #1 seed in the tournament?
It’s going to be close but I still think sanford is going to end with it as they win the tie breaker but if tower hill manages to lose to friends Laurel will end up 1.

As a Woodbridge fan I hope we get the 7 seed if that is the official top 5

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT