Mt Pleasant 1-3 (3-4) @Friends, @Milford
Brandywine 0-4 (0-7) @Archmere, @Concord

*District Champ
#clinched playoff
District Game

Friends tiebreak over Howard
Tower Hill tiebreak over Mt Pleasant
Archmere tiebreak over Mt Pleasant

note- DIAA decided to make AI games no contest and remove them from schedule instead of FFT's and points. I don't think that's right due to the lateness of them folding and contracts were in but is what it is

2AD3

*Caravel 5-0 (8-0) @Milford, St Elizabeth
#Lake 3-2 (6-2) Delmar, @McKean

Red Lion 3-2 (5-3) Woodbridge, Delcastle
Delmar 3-2 (4-4) @Lake, @Laurel
Woodbridge 2-3 (2-6) @Red Lion, Howard

Milford 1-4 (3-5) Caravel, Mt Pleasant
S Tech 1-5 (3-6) BYE, @Odessa

*District Champ
#clinched playoff
District Game

Lake holds HtH over RL and WB
RLCA holds HtH over DM
Delmar hold HtH over WB
WB holds no HtH needs to beat RL to have a shot then hope to get in on 3 way tie break
I think if Lake loses to Delmar they still get in with HtH over WB and RL should WB win

SO

If Delmar wins the game between RL and WB will be for the last spot

If Lake wins and RL wins Delmar is in WB out

If Lake wins and WB wins then WB, RL, DM go to 3 team tie break. HtH wont solve it so then it will go to fewest points per game allowed in district games (Points allowed divided by number of games played)

Last edited:
Reactions: Woody_Wood
3AD1

#Salesianum 4-0 (6-2) Dover, Appo
#Middletown 3-1 (4-4) @Central, HVT
#Appoquinimink 3-1 (5-3) Smyrna, @Sallies

%William Penn 1-3 (2-6) @CR, @St Georges
%St Georges 1-3 (2-6) @Cape, WPenn

HVT 0-4 (1-7) Newark, @Middletown

3AD2

*Smyrna 3-0 (7-1) @Appo, Cape
#Central 2-1 (7-1) Middletown, CR
#Dover 2-2 (6-3) @Sallies, BYE

%Cape 1-2 (4-4) St Georges, @Smyrna

CR 0-3 (0-8) WPenn, @Central

*District Champ
#clinched playoff
District Game
% point index to get in

The three teams for two at large spots based on point index

If anyone feels like doing the indexes feel free..

Last edited:
When breaking a 3-way or multiple tie, follow the procedure until one tie is broken and return to top and begin the procedure again with the remaining teams.

1. Head-to-head record
  2. Fewest points per game allowed in district games (Points allowed divided by number of games played)
  3. Opponents highest win percentage (Includes cross-district and cross-class opponents. Ties count as one-half of a win.)
  4. Highest Tournament Seeding Index
  5. Coin Toss

Here's an interesting tidbit regarding bonus points.. No one will be getting any multiple bonus points for having played Middletown..😯

Last edited:
Teams giving out 2 or 3 BP's or close.. 7wins or .700 win % 2pts, 9wins or .900 win % 3pts
(.500 teams give out 1 BP)

1A
9 wins -

8 wins - Laurel, St E's
7 wins- Charter

6 wins- Seaford
5 wins-

2A
9 wins-

8 wins- St Marks, Friends, Caravel
7 wins- Howard

6 wins- Lake
5 wins- Newark, Red Lion, Archmere

3A
9 wins-

8 wins-
7 wins- Smyrna, Central

6 wins- Sallies, Dover
5 wins- Appo

* even with a 9 game schedule 7 and 9 wins still needed for the 2 or 3 pt payout respectively

One (1) Strength of Schedule Bonus Point will be awarded for playing a team whose final record is .500 – .699.

Two (2) Strength of Schedule Bonus Points will be awarded for playing a team whose Final Record is .700 – .899.

Three (3) Strength of Schedule Bonus Points will be awarded for playing a team whose Final Record .900 – 1.000.

For teams that play up a class against in-state teams only, they will receive 2 points regardless if they win or lose

Last edited:
ok lets dig into this

The three teams for two at large spots based on point index

Uncommon opponents

WP- Penn Wood (1-9)
STG- Smyrna (7-1)

Cape- Woodbridge (2-6), Smyrna (7-1), Delmar (4-4)
WP- Penn Wood (1-9), Middletown (4-4), HVT (1-7)

Cape- Woodbridge (2-6), Delmar (4-4)
STG- Middletown (4-4), HVT (1-7)

SO

No way Cape doesn't get in even if they lose last 2

If STG and WP end up tied in wins then STG will get in on BP's from Smyrna

The only way the week 10 game STG vs WP is not for a playoff spot is if CR beats WP and STG beats Cape this week. Then STG could lose to WP and will still out index them.

Last edited:
2AD3

*Caravel 5-0 (8-0) @Milford, St Elizabeth
#Lake 3-2 (6-2) Delmar, @McKean

Red Lion 3-2 (5-3) Woodbridge, Delcastle
Delmar 3-2 (4-4 @Lake, @Laurel
Woodbridge 2-3 (2-6) @Red Lion, Howard

Milford 1-4 (3-5) Caravel, Mt Pleasant
S Tech 1-5 (3-6) BYE, @Odessa

*District Champ
#clinched playoff
District Game

Lake holds HtH over RL and WB
RLCA holds HtH over DM
Delmar hold HtH over WB
WB holds no HtH needs to beat RL to have a shot then hope to get in on 3 way tie break
I think if Lake loses to Delmar they still get in with HtH over WB and RL should WB win

SO

If Delmar wins the game between RL and WB will be for the last spot

If Lake wins and RL wins Delmar is in WB out

If Lake wins and WB wins then WB, RL, DM go to 3 team tie break. HtH wont solve it so then it will go to fewest points per game allowed in district games (Points allowed divided by number of games played)
If Lake & Woodbridge win, we go to 3-way tiebreaker. As you said H2H doesn’t solve it. So we go to fewest points allowed in district games.

-Delmar has given up 71 points in district games
-Woodbridge has given up 134 points in district games
-Red Lion has given up 114 points in district games

Unless Delmar gives up 63 or more points, they’re in.

Then we start over with Red Lion & Woodbridge. Woodbridge in on H2H

Mtown v central will have extra incentive, unless you have to your gonna play a team sooner or later if you plan on being there at the end!

No, Middletown winning out and sallies winning out
Hypothetically, if Appo pulls the upset over Sallies next week, it creates a 3 way tie for the district….does it go to in district only opponents points scored?

Also, if you have Middletown winning out and Central and Mtown have the same points hat would move Middletown to 3 and Central at 4 unless I missed something

Last edited:
Hypothetically, if Appo pulls the upset over Sallies next week, it creates a 3 way tie for the district….does it go to in district only opponents points scored?

Good catch. That is what it is. The 3AD1 title is indeed not clinched (changed above)

pts given up vs District

Appo - 28
Sallies- 35
MTown- 52

Last edited:
Reactions: MTownCavs09
And weird thing is, as it stands today, if it’s opponents points scored in district only, Appo would win the tie breaker making them the 2nd seed

This is simple. MT shuts out HVT. Appo beats Sallies but gives up 25 or more pts to them. wala MT district champs..lol

Reactions: MTownCavs09
This is simple. MT shuts out HVT. Appo beats Sallies but gives up 25 or more pts to them. wala MT district champs..lol
I already did the math lol.

Shuts out Hodgson, Appo beats Sallies but has to score more than 17 points in doing so, while also Sallies scoring 24 or more. So an Appo win over Sallies let’s say 28-24 will be a great birthday present for me 😂😂

Never thought I’d see the day where I would root for Appo…usually Sallies before Appo but I guess there’s always a first

I already did the math lol.

Shuts out Hodgson, Appo beats Sallies but has to score more than 17 points in doing so, while also Sallies scoring 24 or more. So an Appo win over Sallies let’s say 28-24 will be a great birthday present for me 😂😂

Never thought I’d see the day where I would root for Appo…usually Sallies before Appo but I guess there’s always a first

I don't know if that is probable or likely but it is certainly within the realm of possible. MT fans become Appo fans.. hmmm

Per diaa website the first tie breaker is head to head. The second tie break is win percentage of ALL opponents. This was updated this year. See the 2022 football tournament manual attached in the link below.

That is for tournament seeding ie. point index ties. Not determining district standings.

Look further up on the same document

D. Inter-district tie-breaking for playoff berth:

a. If there is a district tie for a playoff berth, the tie-breaking criteria listed below will be used.

b. Ties for final standings in all Districts will be settled using the following procedure. Note:

When breaking a 3-way or multiple tie, follow the procedure until one tie is broken and return to top and begin the procedure again with the remaining teams.

1.Head-to-head record

2.Fewest points per game allowed in district games (Points allowed divided by number of games played)

3.Opponents highest win percentage (Includes cross-district and cross-class opponents. Ties count as one half of a win.)

4.Highest tournament seeding index

5.Coin toss

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT