ADVERTISEMENT

Polytech Aka Woodside High vs Dover aka U.D.

Polytech will win by 8 tonight. Just a prediction. Played both teams but I think they just have a little more firepower over there in woodside.

This should be a good one full of excitement & probably a few bangs. I think it could go either way w/ Polytech probably being favored but I wouldn't be surprised if Dover left with a win...they're long, their bigs bang down low & they may have the best pure shooter in the state. Polytech will need both Mallory & Gray to step up tonight & stay out of foul trouble.

Poly won by 4 but they hit dover in the face with huge 1 quarter22-5. IT WAS 41-19 at halftime. Poly led 64-45 with 3:25 left...Dover closed with a 19-4 run but the damage was done...

This game definitely had it's highlights but Polytech flexed it's muscle early & jumped all over Dover...Dover fought back in the second half but Poly's lead was too much too overcome. Polytech is even better than I expected, 6'7 Mallory does it all on both ends of the floor & has extended his game out to the perimeter & will be a matchup nightmare for any team in DE, Gray played very well & is a true wing @ 6'8 who can handle the ball w/ a nice touch on his jumpshot & caused Dover's Jordan Allen's to be a nonfactor w/ his length on defense....all that being said I was most impressed w/ Poly's point guard Ricky Hicks for Poly. He made all the right decisions & is very strong w/ the ball...he kept Poly under control, scored, played great defense & I don't remember him turning the rock over. Dover didn't get their usual shooting night from Allen which I think hurt them. Woodlin played well on both ends as usual but I'd say freshman Thomas Hoskins was the major bright spot for Dover...he showed no fear attacking the basket & even banged one on Mallory's head baseline in the set offense. The rematch in Dover should be interesting as I can't c Allen missing that many shots again. In my opinion these are the best two teams downstate hands down & don't be surprised if both end up @ the Bob this year.

Well said J12 can't wait to see the rematch the atmosphere at the game was bananas and young fella Thomas Hoskins is definitely going to be a hell of a player for Dover. The rematch should be a much closer game!CAN'T WAIT!

First half highlights to the Dover vs Poly game
Tweet from TweetCaster
@TMiles47ABC: Big win! @PolyPierce's squad over Dover.
Highlights of Mallory, @jgray_12, & Hicks big night: http://m.wmdt.com/sports/poly-comes-out-swinging-holds-on-to-down-dover/30626908 http://twitter.com/TMiles47ABC/status/553777320730054657/photo/1
Shared via TweetCaster

The point guard for Poly is for real, I said it at the beginning of the season. Very few mental mistakes or turn overs. Keep grinding. Does any one know what type of college looks hes getting, D1, 2???? Mallory def top 3 or better in state.

Poly looked strong and controlled the game all the way. Dover didn't look bad but need more from their pg. The kid that went baseline and dunked on Mallory should be starting. He brought energy when his number was called. Dover got chippy towards the end of game. They look like they were trying to cheap shot some of Poly players and the bench was inserted. That's what I saw and it was a crazy atmosphere to play in. You gotta love playing in that type of environment!!! Can't wait for the rematch at Dover.

Stop it real deal.....was at the game and their were no cheap shots late..... Poly played well and deserved to win.

I saw what I saw as well...didn't see any cheap shots, so let's not try to put a black eye on this game. If you were at the game the cheapest shot took place in the 2nd quarter. But who cares- great game Poly! Good luck Dover

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT