ADVERTISEMENT

Post Round 1 scores here please.

@urbaseball I was at the Sallies Milford game and It was not as close a game as the 3-0 score. Sallies continually ran into outs and Milford only every had more than 1 runner on base once.
Went to the Conrad Poly game. Poly played well and had a 1-0 lead after 5. Conrad was hitting the Poly pitcher but right at the defense. Poly ran out of pitching in the game because they played a doubleheader first game going 8. But how would they expect to advance with only 2 pitchers? The kids they brought in after seemed really inexperienced. Lots of walks to start and then a Conrad hit parade. This game showed why the baseball season needs to be more than 18 games so coaches are forced to develop more pitching.
I also went to the Newark Charter Archmere game. Chopko from NCS was the most dominate pitcher I saw all day. Over powered Archmere.

Who pitches today? I would think Appo goes with Steckline but has Garrett and Stamper too. Who does DMA throw? Danz threw 76 yesterday means he can pitch on Tuesday if they win today.

@urbaseball I was at the Sallies Milford game and It was not as close a game as the 3-0 score. Sallies continually ran into outs and Milford only every had more than 1 runner on base once.
Went to the Conrad Poly game. Poly played well and had a 1-0 lead after 5. Conrad was hitting the Poly pitcher but right at the defense. Poly ran out of pitching in the game because they played a doubleheader first game going 8. But how would they expect to advance with only 2 pitchers? The kids they brought in after seemed really inexperienced. Lots of walks to start and then a Conrad hit parade. This game showed why the baseball season needs to be more than 18 games so coaches are forced to develop more pitching.
I also went to the Newark Charter Archmere game. Chopko from NCS was the most dominate pitcher I saw all day. Over powered Archmere.
Having more than 18 games to develop more pitchers isn't necessary. You develop pitchers with good instruction, through practice and bullpens, and games. Caravel is the best at this. Early on they were getting different kids works and never put it on Silans shoulders every other game like most. Tell me he had a sore arm early on, whatever. Caravel worked 6 or 7 kids all season without fluff games. They are ready. That said, two season ending games in 6 hrs. can tax any rotation.

Having more than 18 games to develop more pitchers isn't necessary. You develop pitchers with good instruction, through practice and bullpens, and games. Caravel is the best at this. Early on they were getting different kids works and never put it on Silans shoulders every other game like most. Tell me he had a sore arm early on, whatever. Caravel worked 6 or 7 kids all season without fluff games. They are ready. That said, two season ending games in 6 hrs. can tax any rotation.

I agree but the teams that win the tournament develop their staffs. More games would force coaches to develop the staff as opposed to just 2 starters and a closer. Playing 3 game weeks will get more teams tournament ready. I also think that once we get to the final 8 it should be double elimination. One and done stinks.

Reactions: jwb703
I agree but the teams that win the tournament develop their staffs. More games would force coaches to develop the staff as opposed to just 2 starters and a closer. Playing 3 game weeks will get more teams tournament ready. I also think that once we get to the final 8 it should be double elimination. One and done stinks.
I 100% agree on the double elimination for the 1/4's on. Great idea. I just think coaches ride the 1 or 2 horses way to much and use them up. I can think of a few off the top of my head.

DMA had runner thrown out at home first inning, runner stranded at third in the first. Runner stranded at third after 1 out triple in second. Bases loaded with 1 out in the third. Did not score!

Appo score 2 in the 6th to take 3-2 lead. Bad call by ump at second or would not have happened. Kid was out by a mile.

Appo almost didn't make it out of there. So St. Mark's at Appo, Hodgson at Sallies, Cape/Conrad and Caravel/Newark Charter at Frawley on Tuesday. Fun matchups all around.

Reactions: jwb703
Yes I feel so bad for those kids and their staff. I was on Appo's side and their fans even said that their was no way Appo should of won that game. DMA is up and coming.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT