ADVERTISEMENT

POY Frontrunners

EducatedEye

D1A Prospect
Jan 22, 2004
John Clemmons Caravel - 3 level scorer that will have many big games. A miss match for opponents, 6'5" G with very accurate 3pt shooting, a willing driver that also plays above the rim. Was pretty good as a Jr but is significantly better now.

Dean Shepherd Tower Hill - Will be counted on for major scoring outputs but is quite possibly an even better defender. If there were a Defensive player of the year award, he'd be at top of that list too. 6'3" G that has changed his body, his mentality and added better outside shooting.

Jaheim Harrell Dover - He's been a big-time player his whole career, 2x 2nd Team All State, and arguably should had been 1st team at least one of those times. Plays at an intensity level that very few can reach. Impacts the game on both ends of the floor. Plays above the rim and lights it up from 3pt range.

There are definitely other players to consider, especially the known names at Salesianum, Middletown and Seaford. All 3 teams are what most would consider loaded, so the sharing of the ball that will be needed for the teams to be successful/reach their goals will likely affect their individual outputs.

Last edited:
Gotta consider Brent Ricketts based off name alone, knowing a lot of these decisions are influenced by who do people know.
Dontarius Jones Laurel has had a huge summer/off season he will be interesting to watch
I really like Jaiden McGhee's (Middletown) game, he is a big time athlete with a motor.
It will be interesting to watch this season.

Gotta consider Brent Ricketts based off name alone, knowing a lot of these decisions are influenced by who do people know.
Dontarius Jones Laurel has had a huge summer/off season he will be interesting to watch
I really like Jaiden McGhee's (Middletown) game, he is a big time athlete with a motor.
It will be interesting to watch this season.
Jones is a good choice. He played last year at Delmarva Christian. Is he still there? I normally am not sure who is playing where until I see rosters online.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT