ADVERTISEMENT

Pre Season Predictions 2015

Fraley and Carney have both been tested significantly on much bigger stages. Both have gotten stronger both physically and mentally and will step up to the challenge. Caravel also has some depth at pitching with Joey Silan and the Marenco kid both expected to see some pitching action this year. Marenco also played very well defensively at 3rd base last year. Never count CA out.

What are you talking about bigger stages? The kid did not get the job done on the biggest stage. And Ellis was the third baseman last year all year I believe so how did this other kid play third

Wow...A good old fashion CA family feud...2014 parents vs 2015 parents, plus throw in a coach or two.

Couple of thoughts....

Yes, never but never count CA out!
Yes, they always have the talent to make the playoffs!

Let's take the 2015 version of the starting pitchers and put them on the 2014 State Championship team. Do the still win? Most likely can't get past Smyrna, let alone a very talented Dover team and than shut out St. Marks.

Now let's take 2014 starting pitchers and put them on 2015 team, would they repeat. Not even a question.

Give the 18-2 2014 Caravel team or 2015 team standard issue schedule that Middletown, Newark or Appo plays and what would happen?

Caravel and St. Marks get to the playoffs battle tested, seeding's are meaningless, if you want them out of the way try it! Don't whine about it, fix it.

No one ever looks at the schedules. Caravel's schedule is no joke for sure.

Coach Nick goes out and finds the better out of state teams so they don't have to play a weak schedule in state and just pound on everyone. Hats off for a coach who wants to play better teams to make his players better and not just play against teams to pound on.

If you look at all the posts from last year how many people have ever talked about the strength of any schedule? Not too many.

Only thing they want to do is talk about the private schools compared to the publics schools.

Lets look at Caravel, 9th through 12th grade, Only about 260 kids, Girls and Boys.

Look at the success of those kids as students and at the sports. I would say VERY IMPRESSIVE with those numbers.

Public schools, 250 kids just in 12th grade? Wow!!! And you can't field a baseball team to get to the show ???? OUCH !!!

Well, I guess one thing is good, you always can buy a ticket to get into the Championship Game....

happy0005.r191677.gif

@mrbaseball

Caravel tuition for the regular Joe.... $10,000

Caravel tuition for little Joe who throws 88 mph ... $2000

need I say more?

why go to Glasgow, Christiana, Newark , or Penn
when little Joe can get the best training and a great education at a elite school for $166 a month...

my phone bill costs more....

MRBASEBALL15, you are on fire.

Head on over to http://www.buccaneerssports.com/ and check last year's scores. CA "pounded" on those out of state teams by an average of 6+ runs per game in the games they won (3+ against the in-state teams). There are plenty of good teams in DE that aren't on their schedule. Most teams have up and down years, including the out of state teams, so it's bit of a crap shoot when you're scheduling for a a year or two out. I'm not buying what you're selling.

And the enrollment numbers don't mean anything in baseball (or tennis, swimming, golf, etc). How many kids in the school play travel baseball? That's the difference. Many of the public schools don't have any. The teams that win every year have plenty. Not saying that's good or bad... just the way it is.

You never know who will step up.... I think everyone will be a little surprised what coach Nick will have up his sleeve. Caravel's bench was really deep last year so this year those guys get to step in. I wouldn't say just another decent team. We will see soon enough..... It all starts Saturday....

This post was edited on 2/25 11:21 PM by MRBASEBALL15

This post was edited on 2/25 11:22 PM by MRBASEBALL15

Originally posted by Baseball 102:
Without bilous(surgery) and hart caravel will struggle and may not get the wins they need for playoffs
[/B]
I told you that post would create some discussion!

Originally posted by spartakos:
@mrbaseball

Caravel tuition for the regular Joe.... $10,000

Caravel tuition for little Joe who throws 88 mph ... $2000

need I say more?

why go to Glasgow, Christiana, Newark , or Penn
when little Joe can get the best training and a great education at a elite school for $166 a month...

my phone bill costs more....
LOL not close to true..15 to 20% is about the most anyone gets for financial aide.. pretty much the kitty get divided up evenly for those who apply for aide and qualify... I assume its the same at St Marks or Sallies or most private schools.. well except St Andrews their average award is 35k

I think the poster above is more correct the parents that can afford private schools are also parents of kids that can afford travel ball and private training etc... same goes for Lax as well and soccer while we are at it..at least upstate.. downstate its community driven..

This post was edited on 2/26 8:36 AM by ravensrooster2

Caravel will be fine. Plenty of depth on the team. Pitchers who have been showcased at national level tournaments. Kid had a rough outing against Smyrna, but looking at the box it looks like there were a couple errors and a couple of infield hits that were part of the issue.

Not sure if it will be enough to go real deep in the tournament, but it's impossible to know any of that. One bad draw or one great draw in a one and done tournament can go along way. That makes it fun, but frustrating.

Exactly the point I was making when I said 'bigger stages' FuriousFour. If Baseball 102 had a pulse on these players then he would know. Smyrna has a fundamentally sound team and are very well coached! They may be a sleeper this year. CA has talented depth. Maybe not Bilous and Hart caliber, but they do have some kids with HEART and a passion to COMPETE. That combined with good coaching can be dangerous. Should be an interesting, fun year!

All I'm saying is caravel will struggle. Little to no experience left on the mound and I believe they are losing the starting right fielder first baseman third second and catcher

Baseball 102 - I guess you will be the first to put your foot in your mouth. Bilous out is definitely a BIG loss. However, you will be shocked soon enough when you see who fills in the spots you have mentioned.

Caravel player are not one position players.

Catching is probably the only position that isn't sitting at least 3 deep. But it won't be needed anyway. 1-2 punch is good enough.

Any of the other positions mentioned have depth.

rolleye0012.r191677.gif

Originally posted by MRBASEBALL15:

However, you will be shocked soon enough when you see who fills in the spots you have mentioned.
Might they be players you are very close to?
3dgrin.r191677.gif

"Catching is probably the only position that isn't sitting at least 3 deep"

MrBBalls15, I'm with BB102, SHOWME??

Let's try just one position, First Base, at least three deep? Who? They will match Ernie's 500 avg and hoover glove.

Com'on at least be in the ballpark of honest. I need what you're smoking!

I didn't say better than Erne. Wish he was still there along with Corbit,Ellis,and Zwier. I already said it will hard to replace them from last year. This all started because someone think CA will just be average.

I knew if someone said something less than positive about Caravel, there would be pages of discussion. Same thing with Sallies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT