ADVERTISEMENT

Proud moment for Dover HS wrestling.

pinemagain

Mascot
Jan 16, 2011
Final score CR 38 Dover 25. Dover wrestler in the 138 pound match bites and draws blood on the CR wrestler. All in all, Dover wrestled like it was a street brawl. Disappointing any way you look at it.

Reactions: WrestlingIsLife69
That brings a whole new meaning to the way EAT is used in sports today. Maybe just a communication error and the kid took it the wrong way ?

Reactions: ravensrooster2
38 to 25 final means Dover had some guys out there wrestling. Not cool to label or be disappointed because one kid had Hunger issues. Sounds like it was a decent match.
Can't judge a whole team by one kids actions. Dover is a well coached and physical team. Wrestling can be a tough sport and what some call a street brawl others call aggressive wrestling. I watched PSU/Rutgers and the PSU fans have been crying they were dirty all week. I saw a hard wrestled match and that's from a lady. Lolz

Dover has been improving the past few years. Kids seem to be working to get better. Has there some extra from time to time? Yes. It's wrestling. Every team has had a kid or two get a little emotional on the mat. If my memory serves me right, this isn't the first time a Dover kid bit someone. Hope it doesn't continue to happen. The team is on the rise and doesn't need to have that type of stuff going on.

Dover has always been this bad and the fact that is now still is no surprise at all. The things dover concessions workers and parents were saying was disgusting and disrespectful to the other teams and parents. It’s clear where their kids get it from.

Dover has always been this bad and the fact that is now still is no surprise at all. The things dover concessions workers and parents were saying was disgusting and disrespectful to the other teams and parents last year at state. It’s clear where their kids get it from.

Reactions: pinemagain
Those behaviors come from the culture of disrespect and bad sportsmanship that the school and parents have perpetrated throughout the decades.

You can call it what you like and be as politically correct as you want. The fact is Dover High has always been shitty. Metal detectors, more frequent violence than other local schools, etc. I’ve been involved in Delaware wrestling since the 70’s and it has always been the same. Yes, there have been years when dover had a competitive program. That doesn’t change the shitty culture and street fight attitudes.

You can call it what you like and be as politically correct as you want. The fact is Dover High has always been shitty. Metal detectors, more frequent violence than other local schools, etc. I’ve been involved in Delaware wrestling since the 70’s and it has always been the same. Yes, there have been years when dover had a competitive program. That doesn’t change the shitty culture and street fight attitudes.

Metal Detectors...bol what are you talking about LMAO

Sounds like you were a part of Delaware wrestling in the 50’s or 60’s, if you’ve been around that long, if your not part of the solution you maybe part of the problem. Stop labeling or is this just really who you are.

Last edited:
Wow wow wow escalate

Just say what you mean. Let us guess. Are you a trump fan? I had some issues with the set up at Dover last year but they have a beautiful new school, a very good coach and are building a team. Very unfair assessment but I think we all know where you are coming from. Shitty culture and street fights. Let me guess, the kids at Sallies and Sanford are just hard nosed, aggressive athletes when they get mean out there.

Wow wow wow escalate

Just say what you mean. Let us guess. Are you a trump fan? I had some issues with the set up at Dover last year but they have a beautiful new school, a very good coach and are building a team. Very unfair assessment but I think we all know where you are coming from. Shitty culture and street fights. Let me guess, the kids at Sallies and Sanford are just hard nosed, aggressive athletes when they get mean out there.

Please don't make this a political issue. It is nothing more than poor behavior and lack of sportsmanship and frankly, those of you making excuses for it and jokes about it are no further up the podium then these kids deserve to be.

Reactions: Takestime
I'm not going to comment on the name calling or judging an entire program on a few incidents. I'm also not a fan of the idea that you equate someone to a racist because he supports the president. You could have stuck with his other comments. I was at the match and saw a Dover JV wrestler throw a forearm to the back of a kids head from the top position. Penalty was called. I saw the Dover 138 poke, punch, shove or whatever you want to call it, in the face, the CR 138. He was penalized a single point. The CR kid rode him hard for most of the rest of the match. Mostly with a crossface. Eventually the Dover kid bit him. It did not break skin. I saw the bite marks close up after the match.

Yes so random. (Eye rolls) look at the terminology used to describe dover and show me where anyone has used it for another team. They are not the only physical team in the state. Smyrna boys get a little aggressive. Tech is always tough physically. Let's not pretend you don't see it.

Reactions: 84rider
Didn't Lauren lose multiple team points last week? Didn't see you all calling the team thugs and street fighters. Didn't central lose team points in the cape match?

While I think Escalated is a Smyrna nut hugger and I usually just ignore the posts, Ive seen some embarassing behavior from Dover parents. That being said, Ive never seen anything but class and passion from the kids and the coaching staff. One kid losing control isn't reflective of the entire program. Reading racism into the comments is just trolling.

I'm not going to comment on the name calling or judging an entire program on a few incidents. I'm also not a fan of the idea that you equate someone to a racist because he supports the president. You could have stuck with his other comments. I was at the match and saw a Dover JV wrestler throw a forearm to the back of a kids head from the top position. Penalty was called. I saw the Dover 138 poke, punch, shove or whatever you want to call it, in the face, the CR 138. He was penalized a single point. The CR kid rode him hard for most of the rest of the match. Mostly with a crossface. Eventually the Dover kid bit him. It did not break skin. I saw the bite marks close up after the match.

Don't know what you saw Joe, but the Dover kid was not only penalized a single point but he was DQed which gave CR a 6 point win. The team was also penalized 3 team points as well. So that was a 9 point bite by the Dover kid.

And as for metal detectors?!? What school... I work for Capital and don't see any metal detectors. I also used to work for CR. I saw just as many fights at CR as I see at Dover ~ difference being the CR fights are rarely publicized or covered in the local paper unlike the Dover ones. The majority of kids at Dover are great kids, don't judge an entire School District on one individual's actions.

While I think Escalated is a Smyrna nut hugger and I usually just ignore the posts, Ive seen some embarassing behavior from Dover parents. That being said, Ive never seen anything but class and passion from the kids and the coaching staff. One kid losing control isn't reflective of the entire program. Reading racism into the comments is just trolling.
Escalated associated with Smyrna? I didn't notice that. Saying bad things about Dover might not be racist, and it may not be quite accurate either. A lot has changed over the years there. If folks can be honest, there was a time when parents from every culture had reason to pause when deciding whether to send their kid to Dover school district if given a choice. It's probably not fair to paint the current climate there with a 'back in the day' brush. On a separate note, I'm going to Massachusetts this weekend so let me know where a warm 'Smyrna nut hugger' can be purchased...at a reasonable price of course!

Last edited:
Unless you show me where Dover has more penalties and team points lost then I say there's a reason he's pointing them out specifically. I'll eat my words if I'm wrong but I know there are more penalized team in henlopen.

Didn't Lauren lose multiple team points last week? Didn't see you all calling the team thugs and street fighters. Didn't central lose team points in the cape match?
Wasn't at that match or I would've posted the same report ! NO problem with that !

Realized I left something out. The score before the disqualification for biting was CR 1 Dover 0. The CR wrestler was given a penalty point for the Dover wrestler punching him in the face. Maybe a bad call by the ref? Maybe the Dover kid was just stretching? I'm sure you will come up with some excuse !

Wasn't at those matches or I would've reported it in the same manner. Punching and biting do not belong in this sport regardless of who you are, where you are from or the color of your skin (since someone cried racism)

Wasn't at those matches, but if I had been I would've called it the same way. There is NO PLACE for punching, or biting at ANY wrestling match !

For someone who just started posting you seem to enjoy controversy like escalated....post something positive occasionally. If you don’t have anything good to say, say nothing.......just saying of course

That’s funny because I never really felt the need to post anything until I read through this thread today. I’m a CR fan and by no means do I think what happened last night is a reflection of their whole program. Let’s not forget CR had someone DQ’ed last year for the same thing. I’m just saying give it a rest.

Reactions: Dahammer23
For someone who just started posting you seem to enjoy controversy like escalated....post something positive occasionally. If you don’t have anything good to say, say nothing.......just saying of course
I am sure if you had read all 19 of my posts you would see they are not all negative.

You are so misinformed...... and transparent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT