ADVERTISEMENT

Sallies is heading out

Feb 27, 2020
I don’t think sallies will be all that good this year, and maybe they’ll still make it to the state championship but they won’t be a classic, dominant sallies team this year. They lost falconetti, cannon, bushweller, Sanford and a bunch more kids that were integral to the team last year and they don’t have any new amazing talent. They’ll have Wang returning, but he’s their only dominant offensive player returning. If sals is gonna be good they’re gonna have to want it, but if last years sales team is anything to go off of they won’t want it.

Will definitely be an interesting year. The 2019 sals jv team won't be sending any help. They were awful last year. Maybe some parity in Delaware lax will be a welcome change. They had a great run for sure

wow.. Interesting thread.. where do you guys suppose the talent Sals was getting is going now?

If Sals is really down it may make DEHS lax a little more interesting this year. At least in state.. Who are the other players besides Cape? Any
teams that may rise up and surprise this year? Any chance of a new first time champion?

Does anyone know about what the new Caravel coach (Jaivon Wesley)
brings to the table? Hopefully some ballers.. lol Will he be a draw to bring kids in at CA? I always thought there is no reason Caravel could't be a player in Lax in Delaware. Just need a coach to come in a build the program which they haven't seemed to be able find yet..

Last edited:
About Jai.. fairly young guy but seems like he could be a good hire for CA.. Might take some time(maybe not) but the guy seem to have a pulse in the youth Lax scene as well as pretty accomplished at a young age.. I like the hire myself..

Jai Wesley
Director of Operations

Jai Wesley joins The Buccini/Pollin Group and BPG|SPORTS as the Director of Operations. Jai is responsible for creating, executing and overseeing daily operations at the 76ers Fieldhouse. In addition, Jai will also be responsible for all Lacrosse related programming at the 76ers Fieldhouse.

Jai Wesley brings to BPG|SPORTS a depth of experience in sports management and lacrosse. Jai, who is also a Delaware native, played midfielder for the St. Andrew’s Saints boys varsity lacrosse team prior to playing varsity lacrosse for Greensboro College. After graduating college, Jai returned to St. Andrew’s as an Associate Athletic Director, Associate Athletic Trainer and Head Coach of the Saints varsity boy’s lacrosse team.

Jai received his Bachelor’s Degree from Greensboro College in Athletic Training and his Master’s Degree in Sports Management from Wilmington University. Jai is also Level 2 US Lacrosse Certified.

CA didn't get the recruits unfortunately. Hear good things about the coach.
Sals has had some much drama the last few years that wears on a program. I just don't see the talent and depth . Could be wrong but not looking good

Jai is a good coach. Coached at St. Andrew's a few years and helps run the 76ers facility. Caravel's past coach was very good too and made them a good program too. Made their schedule more challenging to get ready for tournament time. Down side to DE is that the there really is only a few good teams that can compete for the title. The others are just a world away to really make a difference. A few new teams year in and year out make it to tournament only to be destroyed by the top 4 teams. The last 10 years its been Sallies, Cape, through one of the Independant schools in (Friends or TH), CR or Appo. That's final 4 in that time.

Maybe this year is the year a newer Independant rise up - Sanford/MD Wolfpack

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Would love to see Sanford break through or smyrna. Would love to see sals lose in semis or quarterfinals

Smyrna is good but I don’t see them breaking through in the Henlopen conference. It right now belongs to Cape or CR.

Reactions: 84rider
Not sure who beats them, not many strong teams in state this year IMO.

Tatnall lost a lot bit has some good players.
Sanford and Appo have good offensive
players but weak on D
Archmere lost their entire O
Smyrna will be this years Middletown - looks great until it plays Appo, Cape, CR and Sallies
CR has all 3 big O players Davis, Wooleyhabd and Cava plus a D1 commit on D and a Sals transfer that is good.
cape will be young but has some great O talent, lost entire D

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Jai is a good coach. Coached at St. Andrew's a few years and helps run the 76ers facility. Caravel's past coach was very good too and made them a good program too. Made their schedule more challenging to get ready for tournament time. Down side to DE is that the there really is only a few good teams that can compete for the title. The others are just a world away to really make a difference. A few new teams year in and year out make it to tournament only to be destroyed by the top 4 teams. The last 10 years its been Sallies, Cape, through one of the Independant schools in (Friends or TH), CR or Appo. That's final 4 in that time.

Maybe this year is the year a newer Independant rise up - Sanford/MD Wolfpack

I have been a bit out of the loop in the Md youth rec/club scene.. Where are the MD Wolfpack from? Cecil County?

https://www.leagueathletics.com/Page.asp?n=100116&org=MDWOLFPACK.COM

It’s based out of Baltimore. Merged with True Lacrosse a year ago.

OIC.. Perry Hall is not Baltimore IMO but I am sure they have a bunch of Harford County kids as well. Tim Lucky? I assume he is the same Tim Lucky that played at Towson and was a North Harford Duck Farmer. Actually Hawks but we called them the duck farmers lol ( Mrs BiB is a Duck Farmer #NorthHarfordHighAlumna)

I remember him he was a very good player and one of the better face of guys in the state I believe he took the Duck Farmers to some state championship games and winning one. If its the same guy? has to be.. I can see how he has connections in Baltimore County and Harford County..

How did he end up at Sanford? Besides his 2 boys who else is from the Wolfpack?

Last edited:
Not sure who beats them, not many strong teams in state this year IMO.

Tatnall lost a lot bit has some good players.
Sanford and Appo have good offensive
players but weak on D
Archmere lost their entire O
Smyrna will be this years Middletown - looks great until it plays Appo, Cape, CR and Sallies
CR has all 3 big O players Davis, Wooleyhabd and Cava plus a D1 commit on D and a Sals transfer that is good.
cape will be young but has some great O talent, lost entire D
Davis graduated from CR last year I'm pretty sure

OIC.. Perry Hall is not Baltimore IMO but I am sure they have a bunch of Harford County kids as well. Tim Lucky? I assume he is the same Tim Lucky that played at Towson and was a North Harford Duck Farmer. Actually Hawks but we called them the duck farmers lol ( Mrs BiB is a Duck Farmer #NorthHarfordHighAlumna)

I remember him he was a very good player and one of the better face of guys in the state I believe he took the Duck Farmers to some state championship games and winning one. If its the same guy? has to be.. I can see how he has connections in Baltimore County and Harford County..

Yes it’s the same Tim Lucky. Hell of a coach too and his boys are very good. Not sure which players are Wolfpack but they are there.

Ryan Carey a sophomore last year will be a solid player on offense, contributed last well last season.

As much as we'd all like to see CR go on a run this year (this year would be the year as the state is a bit weaker than normal) I don't see them beating both Cape and Sallies, and honestly I don't see them beating either team. I really believe like all years prior it will come down to Cape Sallies, whether that is in the semis or finals I truly believe it will be those two teams.

We will find out on 3/25, Smyrna vs Milford, who will have inside track for 3rd place in the Henlopen. Both programs seem to be getting better in recent seasons.

It is the same Tim Lucky you are correct. But from what I hear their goal is to get the tournament one seed which I say should automatically take them out of contention. Sanford is super scattered talent wise, they had an under armor all American in Colin Campbell and both the lucky boys but are gonna have to look to new young guys to make an impact. I think they get out coached by some of the upstate teams in their second meetings with tower hill, St. Andrews, tatnall etc. with automatic losses to cr and probably Smyrna this could bust their whole chase for the 1 lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT