ADVERTISEMENT

Sallies?

BackinBlack86

Top 100 Prospect
Oct 5, 2018
Is Sallies going to win any of their OOS games? They out there getting they asses kicked...😕

1​
12/9/21​
Thu​
7:30pm​
St. Andrew's School
H​
Salesianum HSSilent Night Game, Only 700 tickets being sold for the game.
View Results
W​
72-26​
2​
12/12/21​
Sun​
6:00pm​
Imotep Institute Charter HS (PA)
H​
Salesianum HSAll City Classic @ Salesianum, limited number of tickets sold. $15 general admission sold at the door. All spectators pay general admission fee including students and children. No reentry.
View Results
L​
46-61​
3​
12/15/21​
Wed​
7:00pm​
Neumann-Goretti HS (PA)
A​
Grail Sports ComplexTicket link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/salesi...-boys-varsity-basketball-tickets-220942834967
View Results
L​
45-68​
4​
12/17/21​
Fri​
6:30pm​
Bullis School (MD)
A​
Bullis School (MD)Bullis Holiday Tournament
View Results
L​
50-63​
5​
12/18/21​
Sat​
1:00pm​
John Carroll School (MD)
A​
John Carroll School (MD)View Results
L​
49-70​
6​
12/23/21​
Thu​
8:30pm​
Roman Catholic HS (PA)
H​
Chase FieldhousePlay By Play, Ticket Link: https://seatgeek.com/wilmington-play-by-play-classic-2-tickets/basketball/2021-12-23-10-am/5592429
View Results
L​
50-65​
7​
12/28/21 11:18 AM

12/30/21​
Thu​
12:00pm​
Bonner and Prendergast HS (PA)
A​
Widener UniversityScholastic Showcase: Tickets at the door only.

Reactions: Patcomic
Those teams that they are playing would be State Champions in DE most years. I like when DE teams schedule like this to begin the season & get their guys prepared for in-state DE competition. They will be fine in DE though…Sanford used to do this every year, take a few tough out-of-state losses & then run right through the DE competition to the State Championsip.

Is Sallies going to win any of their OOS games? They out there getting they asses kicked...😕

1​
12/9/21​
Thu​
7:30pm​
St. Andrew's School
H​
Salesianum HSSilent Night Game, Only 700 tickets being sold for the game.
View Results
W​
72-26​
2​
12/12/21​
Sun​
6:00pm​
Imotep Institute Charter HS (PA)
H​
Salesianum HSAll City Classic @ Salesianum, limited number of tickets sold. $15 general admission sold at the door. All spectators pay general admission fee including students and children. No reentry.
View Results
L​
46-61​
3​
12/15/21​
Wed​
7:00pm​
Neumann-Goretti HS (PA)
A​
Grail Sports ComplexTicket link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/salesi...-boys-varsity-basketball-tickets-220942834967
View Results
L​
45-68​
4​
12/17/21​
Fri​
6:30pm​
Bullis School (MD)
A​
Bullis School (MD)Bullis Holiday Tournament
View Results
L​
50-63​
5​
12/18/21​
Sat​
1:00pm​
John Carroll School (MD)
A​
John Carroll School (MD)View Results
L​
49-70​
6​
12/23/21​
Thu​
8:30pm​
Roman Catholic HS (PA)
H​
Chase FieldhousePlay By Play, Ticket Link: https://seatgeek.com/wilmington-play-by-play-classic-2-tickets/basketball/2021-12-23-10-am/5592429
View Results
L​
50-65​
7​
12/28/21 11:18 AM

12/30/21​
Thu​
12:00pm​
Bonner and Prendergast HS (PA)
A​
Widener UniversityScholastic Showcase: Tickets at the door only.

Let's see how it goes when they come back to in-state games....

Reactions: J12 and 84rider
Sally's being Sally's. Never been any good except for the years Donte and O'Neill were there.

They lost again today at Widener - 54-40 to Bonner.

Problem is these losses aren’t close. Next they have to play a very good St E’s team.

Reactions: Dropping 3's
Sally's being Sally's. Never been any good except for the years Donte and O'Neill were there.
Could be no
Yeah… but at least they’ve been relevant most years and won a couple as opposed to a team like, say, Newark.

Remember the James Johns episode. The 6-6 phenom that was enrolled long enough to get a cup of coffee? I think the coach knew with him and Isiah Hynson they had the makings of a pretty good team so he scheduled "up". Johns is now at Long Island Lutheran (one of the nation's top preps). One of these days Sallies is going to get a transfer in to stay, say being moved in with a distant aunt for a one and done year. It's been done a lot around here in the past few years. They just don't have the hang of it yet.

Remember the James Johns episode. The 6-6 phenom that was enrolled long enough to get a cup of coffee? I think the coach knew with him and Isiah Hynson they had the makings of a pretty good team so he scheduled "up". Johns is now at Long Island Lutheran (one of the nation's top preps). One of these days Sallies is going to get a transfer in to stay, say being moved in with a distant aunt for a one and done year. It's been done a lot around here in the past few years. They just don't have the hang of it yet.

Was about to say this exact same thing lol

Could be no

Yeah… but at least they’ve been relevant most years and won a couple as opposed to a team like, say, Newark.
Well Newark (3-6) stinks this year, but they've won two more games than relevant Sally's (1-6).

A lot of these DE spectators need to get out more & actually see some of these teams from out of state & stop comparing records when Team A's schedule is playing against top notch competition & Team B is playing against our DE teams only. My question is...What happens when 1-6 Sallies beats this "very good" 6-0 St. E's team this Sunday, will everyone still feel the same about Sallies?

Also, when it comes to seeding for the State Tournament at the end of the season please don't go crying about how Sallies seeding is so much better than teams whose overall records are better when those teams are playing these cupcake schedules (it seems to happen every year people complain when the seeding system is very clear & awards teams for strength of schedules).

This thread has kind of died down since Sallies has been playing in their in-state schedule, crickets...:confused::confused::confused:

With their win over Middletown tonight they are now 4-0 in DE, couple that with Smyrna's upset win over #1 ranked Dover tonight and they will now be the #1 ranked team in DE w/ 3 convincing wins over Top 10 teams & a 4-6 overall record. This is a prime example of why you schedule those tough out-of-state games & not be afraid to take those losses. They will also get Smyrna this Friday while Smyrna is riding high off the Dover win & a win over Seaford.

This thread has kind of died down since Sallies has been playing in their in-state schedule, crickets...:confused::confused::confused:

With their win over Middletown tonight they are now 4-0 in DE, couple that with Smyrna's upset win over #1 ranked Dover tonight and they will now be the #1 ranked team in DE w/ 3 convincing wins over Top 10 teams & a 4-6 overall record. This is a prime example of why you schedule those tough out-of-state games & not be afraid to take those losses. They will also get Smyrna this Friday while Smyrna is riding high off the Dover win & a win over Seaford.
When Salesianum is good, people don't like that....

Says more about the level of play in Delaware than anything else. Which was all my post was really about. I have nothing against Sallies being good or otherwise. Would have liked to see them fare better in those OOS games is all.

Reactions: 84rider
Says more about the level of play in Delaware than anything else. Which was all my post was really about. I have nothing against Sallies being good or otherwise. Would have liked to see them fare better in those OOS games is all.
See the real reason above.

pretty sure Salesianum would had liked to had fared better too.

*In actuality no team in Delaware wins more than one of those games they scheduled

*Only teams in the state to even win 1 game vs quality competition out of state is Tower Hill (vs Malvern Prep) / Sanford (vs Parkland)

pretty sure Salesianum would had liked to had fared better too.

*In actuality no team in Delaware wins more than one of those games they scheduled

*Only teams in the state to even win 1 game vs quality competition out of state is Tower Hill (vs Malvern Prep) / Sanford (vs Parkland)
between 2008-2012 Sanford was going out and beating teams as good or better than those Sallies played. One year they went 3-0 up in NY at the Coaches vs Cancer tournament. That was pretty impressive. Also had a win vs a WCAC team SJC during that time frame.

between 2008-2012 Sanford was going out and beating teams as good or better than those Sallies played. One year they went 3-0 up in NY at the Coaches vs Cancer tournament. That was pretty impressive. Also had a win vs a WCAC team SJC during that time frame.
Imhotep has 4 D1 level players in their starting lineup. The entire state of Delaware of "might" have 4.

Salesianum's next 3 games:
@ Appo (Tues)
@ Tower HIll (Thurs)
vs Sanford at Chase Fieldhouse (Sat)

Each are ranked pretty high in all the rankings.

We'll see how they fare in those matchups.

*Justin Molen (Salesianum) is now healthy

If Stan can get that program to .500 by the 25-26 season, he should be nominated for Springfield. He knew what he was geeing into and Dr. Allen and Coach know this is a long term project...
You should be able to a get a BB program around much quicker than a football team. Just need a few playmakers. If he is going to make an impact in a sports graveyard, it should be by next year.

You should be able to a get a BB program around much quicker than a football team. Just need a few playmakers. If he is going to make an impact in a sports graveyard, it should be by next year.
DSU is a hard sell in it's self, but still think Stan will need 2 yrs to make some impact.

On the Sals: next 2 games on the road playing quality Indy Conference opponents (@Tower Hill and Sanford @ Chase Fieldhouse). Unsure how the Big S plays on the road under the pressure of the bright lights.

On DSU: my comments were exaggerated to make the point as to what kind of shape DSU Bball program was in. This is a process and Stan will bring them into respectability.

On the Sals: next 2 games on the road playing quality Indy Conference opponents (@Tower Hill and Sanford @ Chase Fieldhouse). Unsure how the Big S plays on the road under the pressure of the bright lights.
Well, they've done pretty well so far, although Middletown has lost 3 of their last 4. The Tower game should be really good. Sals lost there last year. I expect there will be folks turned away at the door for that one. This Sanford team is good, but they are nowhere near what people have become used to. Sals should be the favorite on Saturday.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled

On DSU: my comments were exaggerated to make the point as to what kind of shape DSU Bball program was in. This is a process and Stan will bring them into

On DSU: my comments were exaggerated to make the point as to what kind of shape DSU Bball program was in. This is a process and Stan will bring them into respectability.
The Sals have beaten #9 St. E’s, #7 Middletown & #6 Appo all on the road by a combined 43 points, so I think they will be OK on the road under the bright lights.

I knew DSU Mens Basketball was in a bad place, but I did not think it was so bad as to not having one single Division 1 win on the season as of yet. I expect that Stan will get players in there to turn that around very soon though. What I am interested in seeing is if any of these players will be local DE kids.

Reactions: 84rider
The Sals have beaten #9 St. E’s, #7 Middletown & #6 Appo all on the road by a combined 43 points, so I think they will be OK on the road under the bright lights.

I knew DSU Mens Basketball was in a bad place, but I did not think it was so bad as to not having one single Division 1 win on the season as of yet. I expect that Stan will get players in there to turn that around very soon though. What I am interested in seeing is if any of these players will be local DE kids.
Two signees for next year are Delaware kids.

Dang I didn't realize their 2 wins were against non D1 opponents!

DSU wins 21-22”

Cairn is D3 NCAA and sitting around .500 for the season
Regent is a NCCAA (National Christian College Association) team. Currently 3-11

my money is on Stan succeeding at DSU. Lost to Coppin last night at the buzzer.

Give the man a chance, you expected him to come in and win games?
He inherited a bad team, give him a couple years to get a couple wins and players will come. It is hard to recruit to Del St.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT