ADVERTISEMENT

Sallies?

This is an interesting thread that combines Sals and DelState.

1. Stan is going to be fine at DelState. It is going to take a 2-3 seasons to gain respectability. Everybody who knows the difference between a basketball and an accordion knows that. A prominent DelState alum told me it would take 4-5 years to get on track. (He tends to be pessimist but he knows the scenario..) Ali is just a stop gap kind of kid. Stan ain't going to put up with a kid with peripatetic tendencies. One strike and your out.

2. The Sals beat the Hillers tonight something like 54-46.

Reactions: theWILL2WIN
(Fahmir Ali)
The other DE kid who committed/signed is Kareem Ewell, formerly of Dickinson. Did his Sr year at Patrick School in NJ. Presently doing a prep school year at Olympus PrepGracia
(Fahmir Ali)
The other DE kid who committed/signed is Kareem Ewell, formerly of Dickinson. Did his Sr year at Patrick School in NJ. Presently doing a prep school year at Olympus Prep.
Gracias EE!

Reactions: EducatedEye
Salesianum's next 3 games:
@ Appo (Tues)
@ Tower HIll (Thurs)
vs Sanford at Chase Fieldhouse (Sat)

Each are ranked pretty high in all the rankings.

We'll see how they fare in those matchups.

*Justin Molen (Salesianum) is now healthy

EE, has the Big S risen to a position of prominence after their hapless start?

One game over .500
Just curious, what is their record in-state??? I am pretty sure that they are 6-1 against the Top 10 alone, not bad at all. I wonder how many times you had been checking the scores these past few weeks dying to post once they lost a game...LoL Once again, some of you guys simply don't get the big picture.

Last edited:
Just curious, what is their record in-state??? I am pretty sure that they are 6-1 against the Top 10 alone, not bad at all. I wonder how many times you had been checking the scores these past few weeks dying to post once they lost a game...LoL Once again, some of you guys simply don't get the big pictu
Game was hard to figure. Sals blew through three of the teams that beat Carvel. You can always count on Sals hater 8yaz to add color.
I can't resist. Sally's fans are so easy to rile up. It's all in fun folks.

Can't argue with your math, yaz. They were also .500 for the regular season when they won the state title in 2015. Then again, that team did have Donte.
Yup, only time Sally's was ever relevant, when O'Neal and Donte were there.

Sals have added @Paulsboro on 2/22. Paulsboro is 19-2.

https://highschoolsports.nj.com/school/paulsboro-paulsboro/boysbasketball/season/2021-2022

I don’t want to sound like Yaz but you know how the Sals have whiffed against out of state opponents,
They won but struggled against DMA tonight. Saturday night they host Howard. Howard is tough.
Bummy is not optimistic. Somebody give me encouragement,
If yaz is rooting against the Sals, I’d bet on them. Seriously, to make a “one game over .500” comment when any other team in the state would be much worse against their schedule is ridiculous.

So basically you're saying Sally's is good when they play lousy teams. There's something to hang your hat on.

So basically you're saying Sally's is good when they play lousy teams. There's something to hang your hat on.
You just called the other top 9 teams in the state lousy. Which I guess is your right.

Reactions: J12
I am beginning to agree with Yaz. The Sals do have some talent. Yet they are struggling. I missed the game with Howard last night but will watch the replay tomorrow. Caravel's pressuring D bothered the heck out of them. Now, they lose at home in front of a prime time home crowd to Howard.

One thing about Howard.....Coach Matthews. He was FB COY at Pencader. I think he will now be BBall COY at Howard. The man is special.

Back to Sals. They have talent but sometimes you need more than that.....

I am beginning to agree with Yaz. The Sals do have some talent. Yet they are struggling. I missed the game with Howard last night but will watch the replay tomorrow. Caravel's pressuring D bothered the heck out of them. Now, they lose at home in front of a prime time home crowd to Howard.

One thing about Howard.....Coach Matthews. He was FB COY at Pencader. I think he will now be BBall COY at Howard. The man is special.

Back to Sals. They have talent but sometimes you need more than that.....

I was in the building last night and Howard's full court really gave Sallies fits. It was also one of the nights where Howard's outside shots were falling for the most part. Once you combine that defense with a good night in the half court offensively, it's trouble for anyone, Sals included. Sals should still be considered a favorite. Isaiah Hynson is a BAAAAD boy and Justin Molen will likely be revved up after a couple missed FTs last night. This should be a fun state tourney for sure.

Hats off to the officials last night. I thought the game was well officiated. I have seen more than my share of instate basketball games between good teams where officiating ruined the game by over officiating and slowing the pace way down, I thought last night in a hostile environment and huge game they did a nice job.

Sallies is very good; I think Howards pressure and depth was what did Sallies in. Once Sallies goes to their bench their talent level drops, and it looked like Howard was able to take advantage of it by finding the miss match. Without seeing many out of state games I would guess depth plays a role in those loses as well. Sallies and Howard no doubt 2 of the top 5 teams in the state. Tourney will be fun!! For Howard their biggest question is going to be can they stay disciplined enough in big games.. They had undisciplined fouls or plays at key points of the game yesterday but talent was able to overcome.

You nailed it lax. After the Caravel game it, teams saw how pressure bothered the Sals.
The elite eight ought to be compelling. The next big event is the announcement of the seedings….

Hats off to the officials last night. I thought the game was well officiated. I have seen more than my share of instate basketball games between good teams where officiating ruined the game by over officiating and slowing the pace way down, I thought last night in a hostile environment and huge game they did a nice job.

Sallies is very good; I think Howards pressure and depth was what did Sallies in. Once Sallies goes to their bench their talent level drops, and it looked like Howard was able to take advantage of it by finding the miss match. Without seeing many out of state games I would guess depth plays a role in those loses as well. Sallies and Howard no doubt 2 of the top 5 teams in the state. Tourney will be fun!! For Howard their biggest question is going to be can they stay disciplined enough in big games.. They had undisciplined fouls or plays at key points of the game yesterday but talent was able to overcome.

They let them play for the most part last night, but still were very much in control in a good way.

Sallies finished the season with a big win over Paulsboro (NJ) 50-41, Paulsboro was 20-2. The tournament seeding is gonna be real interesting on Friday w/ a number of teams who will have a chance to win it all.

Like many of you I saw the live stream from Paulsboro. It was great for the Sals to get an out of state win. (Unsure of the last time they won a FB or BBall game in NJ). I will leave it at that.

They lost to Caravel; got taken into OT by St. Marks; got muscled a little in the first half DMA, then lost at home to Howard.

I have no idea if 8 teams or just 4 go to the Bob this year. Suffice it to say the tournament seeds will be critical.

Sorry, if I sound a little skeptical. I think Howard wins it all...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT