ADVERTISEMENT

Sals Announcement at 1230

giphy.gif

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Who has a press conference in DE to announce a HC? Let’s be honest…he’s pretty much been the HC since he was hired to push Bill out. If Bill would have hit 300 wins 2 seasons ago this would have already happened. Sals were not gonna let another school be connected to Bill’s 300th W.

He has a trust, he will be fine. The point of the post was meant as....what the promise of money donated to Sallies will buy you
Over 40% of Salesianum students receive financial aid in some degree based on need. Tuition costs are up more than a bit since I went there. I have a hunch if you query the folks at Archmere, Sanford, Ursuline, Tower Hill, Friends, Tatnall you will find similar data.

Inks not dry. Lets give him a chance. Has quality coming back. Transfers coming in. MTown and Smyrna should be the ones with concerns now. Those 'recruits' will not be going south. Young guy, good idea of offense, players like him. Good move all around.

Inks not dry. Let’s give him a chance. Has quality coming back. Transfers coming in. MTown and Smyrna should be the ones with concerns now. Those 'recruits' will not be going south. Young guy, good idea of offense, players like him. Good move all we
Inks not dry. Lets give him a chance. Has quality coming back. Transfers coming in. MTown and Smyrna should be the ones with concerns now. Those 'recruits' will not be going south. Young guy, good idea of offense, players like him. Good move all around.
They saw that same good idea for offense for 2 years. Sals best offensive production came from their field goal kicker and the punter. I guess that’s what happens when you promise a family if your son comes here from NJ then I promise he will start. Poor kid ran backwards with the chuck and duck more then they went fwd.

Honestly I though the Sallies offense went backwards from the year before. They even went back to the QB running to the sideline to get the play. 🤷‍♂️
Agree. They no longer have the size every year on the lines to dominate the line of scrimmage, and they don’t have the speed/athletes to compete with the top programs. They can beat them every now and again because it’s HS sports. They might even beat Smyrna this year since they play really early in the season when Smyrna/Mtown seem to start slow and get better as kids get into the rhythm, but when it matters most in Nov/Dec. I just don’t see it happening. I think they are 3rd maybe 4th in their district next year and no better than 6th in 3A combined. In no order…Appo, Mtown, Smyrna, Dover, SC then either Sals or HVT. ( next season) HVT was very young and seemed to end the season playing much better then how it started. I could be wrong but I think without looking it up they had some close games compared to how their record showed.

Over 40% of Salesianum students receive financial aid in some degree based on need. Tuition costs are up more than a bit since I went there. I have a hunch if you query the folks at Archmere, Sanford, Ursuline, Tower Hill, Friends, Tatnall you will find similar data.
Sallies tuition is still significantly cheaper than the schools you mentioned, by more than 50%. And that includes the tuition hike of 6% going into next year. While 40% may receive financial aid (not sure where you get that number) they have never been interested in discounting their costs. They will be the first to tell you that.

..yeah he is vice president of DD & A now. I think he would still be able to draw a check and have time to coach ..
The article also says he is moving into a Director of Community relations role, full time. That is a role specifically designed to help with fundraising, marketing and admissions

Sallies tuition is still significantly cheaper than the schools you mentioned, by more than 50%. And that includes the tuition hike of 6% going into next year. While 40% may receive financial aid (not sure where you get that number) they have never been interested in discounting their costs. They will be the first to tell you that.

From Sals admission page..you can do the math how far more than 2 mil goes at a tuition of $19,500. Average financial aide award is probably around 25-30%

Salesianum offers merit-based academic scholarships and need-based financial aid grants totaling more than $2,000,000 each year. Academic scholarships are awarded to a student based on his score on the Entrance Exam. Students scoring in the top percentile may qualify. Families may also apply for need-based financial aid.

WDEL story says Gene and Sals want a regional schedule. I hope by regional he means north of the canal up to around Concord HS area.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
WDEL story says Gene and Sals want a regional schedule. I hope by regional he means north of the canal up to around Concord HS area.
I don't think that is what he means..lol here is the exact quote from article

"Delle Donne said being in control, he wants to continue to evolve Salesianum's offense away from a rushing attack, and upgrade the program to not just become a state championship contender again, but become as respected as the soccer and lacrosse programs regionally.

"Modernize the program a little bit. I want to speed up practice, I'd like to speed up our offense. I think gradually it would be nice to get to a regional schedule -- down the road --, that's something to build upon as we progress throughout the state.""

Who else would be curious to know who the other 12 candidates were and even more so the final 4?

"Rev. J. Christian Beretta, Salesianum's Principal, said Delle Donne was selected out of a pool of 13 "very qualified" applicants which was whittled to four finalists.'

Last edited:
Interesting he said regional and not that N word... N word being "National" of course. Pretty smart by him considering the reaction going National usually elicits from the detractors and high school sports purists..lol

Sallies has the money and facilities for their football program to rise to the level of a St Joes Prep should they want to build to that..IMO

For what its worth Sals Lax is national. They have been ranked in the top 25 nationally as well as played teams all across the country as far as Cali. I don't follow soccer but based on their schedules they would probably be considered national as well..

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Carre gives up Head Coach and AD @ McKean - to be Head Coach at DMA - interesting.

maybe he got tired of coaching with an empty cupboard and losing. At least at DMA he will have some players. His time at McKean (2014-2022) he was 22-63 .260 and 0 winning seasons. I don' blame him, clock is ticking and losing can get old no matter how positive you are. At DMA he at least has a chance to win. JM2cents

Last edited:
That's great. Now McKean football will go the way of AI football and now two teams will always be on the verge of folding each season. As for the AD conversation he is either being brought in to eventually take the AD job from the guy there now and clean things up or he will just worry about winning at DMA and we saw how that worked out for the last guy. Whatever happened to building a program as a coach that is respected regardless of wins and loses. And GDD will need to win at Sallies a lot right quick or it's a quick honeymoon and quicker annulment. And as for 13 qualified applicants I heard Father Guido Sarducci was on the list.

Reactions: DEfootballFan6
normally a FB coach compensation is not equivalent to a ft job - is he also a teacher. I know the prior coach was also the gym teacher

That's great. Now McKean football will go the way of AI football and now two teams will always be on the verge of folding each season. As for the AD conversation he is either being brought in to eventually take the AD job from the guy there now and clean things up or he will just worry about winning at DMA and we saw how that worked out for the last guy. Whatever happened to building a program as a coach that is respected regardless of wins and loses. And GDD will need to win at Sallies a lot right quick or it's a quick honeymoon and quicker annulment. And as for 13 qualified applicants I heard Father Guido Sarducci was on the list.
Guido Sarducci — or Guido Schiavi?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT