ADVERTISEMENT

Sanford vs St. Benedict’s Prep (NJ)

Roddav3557

Getting reps on JV
Mar 20, 2017
Sanford came up short against St. Benedict’s Prep, however, the Perkins boys-Hassan and Corey- came up big.

C.Perkins(7 0-0 17)
H. Perkins(9 1-2 22)
Davis(3 2-3 8)
Njoku(0 0-1 0)
McKeon(1 0-0 2)
Harris(0 2-2 2)

Reactions: Downstate4 and jvm3
How does Davis & Njoku combine for only 8 pts...didn’t see that coming Idc who they are playing.

Sounds like a recipe any good coach with eyes should figure out how it was done: whether double teamed or denial or whatever. However St. Benedict’s Prep also has great size too. I think they have a 6:10 guy or two tranferred from Africa or Sweden somewhere. I can’t remember which.

Sounds like a recipe any good coach with eyes should figure out how it was done: whether double teamed or denial or whatever. However St. Benedict’s Prep also has great size too. I think they have a 6:10 guy or two tranferred from Africa or Sweden somewhere. I can’t remember which.

6 guys over 6 8. Two 7 footers.

Reactions: Dropping 3's
Well dam that makes it easier. It’s easy to dominate here in DE when everybody is 6-8 inches shorter than U but when the playing field is even is when I would like to c our kids step up. These goose eggs is kinda why DE don’t get respected cuz they say we don’t play against anybody.
St. Benedict's Prep ain't no joke... They been to Slam Dunk To The Beach.. Great program.. Think you better Google who they are.. No team in DE has a shot.. Would beat Dover by 25 or better.. Please Sanford did well... Stan made no adjustments and he uses his bench poorly... Perkins boys did well...

St. Benedict's Prep ain't no joke... They been to Slam Dunk To The Beach.. Great program.. Think you better Google who they are.. No team in DE has a shot.. Would beat Dover by 25 or better.. Please Sanford did well... Stan made no adjustments and he uses his bench poorly... Perkins boys did well...
Google them?...you are a funny character. No need for me to Google them when I know exactly who they are...seen them at Slam Dunk To The Beach years ago w/ J.R. Smith & we have even had a couple DE kids leave DE & go there too...Art Bowers & Trevon Duval. But when you have 2 players w/ as much talent as Davis & Njoku a combined 8 points is surprising to me like I said Idc who they are playing.

Last edited:
St. Benedict's is unusual that being a Catholic school charging tuition the student body is predominately AA and hispanic. Over 10% of the student body is foreign. The school is a magnet for basketball transfers of athletes who want a higher exposure and help with college prep academics. They are a national power in basketball and soccer, especially soccer.

I agree with @J12. If Davis and Nnanna are the best Delaware has to offer, combining for 8 is shocking at the very least. Furthermore, if the Perkins guard duo had that kind of success, I would argue that Dover’s Davis and Allen combo would do the same. Therefore, I don’t believe would get beat by 25pts. Not to mention Dover’s Davis played AAU ball with a few of STB’s starters and top scorer and started with them in the Under Armour Circuit.

I agree with @J12. If Davis and Nnanna are the best Delaware has to offer, combining for 8 is shocking at the very least. Furthermore, if the Perkins guard duo had that kind of success, I would argue that Dover’s Davis and Allen combo would do the same. Therefore, I don’t believe would get beat by 25pts. Not to mention Dover’s Davis played AAU ball with a few of STB’s starters and top scorer and started with them in the Under Armour Circuit.
Dover would lose by at least 40pts to STB. Stop kidding yourself. Dover has no bigs like Sanford to shut down. So they would go small and eat Dover up like it was snack time.

You right.. Not 25.. 35 is about right.. You talking only Davis .. That's only one player.. STB's 4-6 really good players.

Dover would lose by at least 40pts to STB. Stop kidding yourself. Dover has no bigs like Sanford to shut down. So they would go small and eat Dover up like it was snack time.

Bigs do not guarantee you a win! Dover has enough size coupled with the experience that those guards have in that type of competition to get the job done.

Bigs do not guarantee you a win! Dover has enough size coupled with the experience that those guards have in that type of competition to get the job done.
Do any of these Dover kids have any offers? Because I'd be willing to bet that STB's guards already have multiple offers. And do any of Dover's kids with "enough size" have the offers that the Sanford bigs do (let alone STB)??
Not knocking the Dover players but cmon, this is Delaware you are talking versus New Jersey basketball. There's absolutely no comparison! You on here making yourself and Dover look silly.

In the argument of Dover vs STBs. It is not even about size, it is about talent level and skill level. Dover is a good team for Delaware and some places surrounding area but they aren't competing with top tier nationally ranked teams.
Do you think this Dover team is better than the last Conference Championship in 2015-16 with Allen and company? They played Neumann Gorretti. Lost by 21. Don't think this team even tho I believe they are more talented just less size could do the same against STB

Looking at the box score from the Sanford game, it looks like the Perkins brothers got hot from beyond the 3 and were able to put together a strong 2nd quarter after only 3 points in the 1st. Seems like STB was able to pack it inside and take away Davis and Njoku

Looking at the box score from the Sanford game, it looks like the Perkins brothers got hot from beyond the 3 and were able to put together a strong 2nd quarter after only 3 points in the 1st. Seems like STB was able to pack it inside and take away Davis and Njoku
Just looked up STB up and first thing that came up was their 6-5 junior SG with big offers from Big East and A-10 schools.

Do any of these Dover kids have any offers? Because I'd be willing to bet that STB's guards already have multiple offers. And do any of Dover's kids with "enough size" have the offers that the Sanford bigs do (let alone STB)??
Not knocking the Dover players but cmon, this is Delaware you are talking versus New Jersey basketball. There's absolutely no comparison! You on here making yourself and Dover look silly.

Do you know how many countless players there are who can play ball but didn’t get the big “offer”? Does not having the offer suggest you cannot compete? I argue the point again that in the sport of basketball, having the size matters to many college coaches and will -most times- get picked up before someone who doesn’t have the size but more than likely has a better skillset. Look at how they treated Isaiah Thomas in the NBA. Why? He lacks the size, but can out play most of them. Look at Steph Curry. He barely got picked up for a full ride st a small college, and he’s arguably the best shooter to ever hit the floor.
A person’s location (Delaware) doesn’t determine whether you can ball or not. Now that’s just silly. STB’s guards like CJ Wilcher has offers, not just because he can play but he’s 6’5”. @DDBasketballCoach, I do think this squad is better for three reasons: their record suggests it, They have another Allen on the team, and their guards are stronger (true guards) than the 15-16 squad. Jordan Allen a (Delaware Player) went to New Jersey’s “Rider” U (D1), and is dominating over there in New Jersey. His brother Elijah will probably end up there as well. From my understanding, there has been a lot of interest. Those guards have a lot of college interests and will get picked up. I’m not saying they could beat STB, but I don’t believe it would be a blowout either. I personally watched those guys play when they offered for Eden Davis to come up to several practices with them. Dover’s guards have played on the same floor as teammates with some of them and against the same top-ranked talent during the off season in Vegas, Cali, Texas, Atlanta, and Indianapolis. So I think they shouldn’t be downplayed as a sub-par team because they are a Delaware team, and the only team in the state that can compete is Sanford! IMO

Reactions: 84rider
Do you know how many countless players there are who can play ball but didn’t get the big “offer”? Does not having the offer suggest you cannot compete? I argue the point again that in the sport of basketball, having the size matters to many college coaches and will -most times- get picked up before someone who doesn’t have the size but more than likely has a better skillset. Look at how they treated Isaiah Thomas in the NBA. Why? He lacks the size, but can out play most of them. Look at Steph Curry. He barely got picked up for a full ride st a small college, and he’s arguably the best shooter to ever hit the floor.
A person’s location (Delaware) doesn’t determine whether you can ball or not. Now that’s just silly. STB’s guards like CJ Wilcher has offers, not just because he can play but he’s 6’5”. @DDBasketballCoach, I do think this squad is better for three reasons: their record suggests it, They have another Allen on the team, and their guards are stronger (true guards) than the 15-16 squad. Jordan Allen a (Delaware Player) went to New Jersey’s “Rider” U (D1), and is dominating over there in New Jersey. His brother Elijah will probably end up there as well. From my understanding, there has been a lot of interest. Those guards have a lot of college interests and will get picked up. I’m not saying they could beat STB, but I don’t believe it would be a blowout either. I personally watched those guys play when they offered for Eden Davis to come up to several practices with them. Dover’s guards have played on the same floor as teammates with some of them and against the same top-ranked talent during the off season in Vegas, Cali, Texas, Atlanta, and Indianapolis. So I think they shouldn’t be downplayed as a sub-par team because they are a Delaware team, and the only team in the state that can compete is Sanford! IMO
Only time will tell.
But Sanford's bigs would have to play their worst game and Dover's whole team would have to play their best game at every position in order for them to have a shot at winning! IMO

Some comments on here don't make any sense! HS you have to have good guards. Davis and Allen would compete with anyone, not saying they're more talented than STB or Sanford guards but the would compete!

The problem for us with national caliber teams would be the players 4 thru 7 on our roster would get smoked. On one side please stop thinking Delaware kids can't compete, they can and do on the national stage in the summer. The other side some of you'll need to get out of Delaware we don't have the size and depth to consistently beat teams like STB.

hoopsdownstate4, lol.....forgot your password from last year haha, what's going on down in Lewes
Got new phone .. Lost password.. Haha.. You already know Iam start a debate.. Lol.. Down year here in Lewes.. Smh..

Got new phone .. Lost password.. Haha.. You already know Iam start a debate.. Lol.. Down year here in Lewes.. Smh..

No doubt, good to see you back, thought it was you...hopefully I’ll catch up with you at a game

My only comment about all this is the record. Throw that out the window. both teams went undefeated in the conference. But 15-16 played Neumann Goretti, St Georges and Sanford that year. This year's team has a cupcake schedule compared to that. But I do like this team over the 15-16 for a couple reasons. I think they are more than 1 guy, if Davis is off, EA takes over, if EA is off, Davis will take over and they play DEFENSE!

Lol.. Now the forum is back to normal.. Been quiet way to long.. Lol..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT