ADVERTISEMENT

Sat Playoff scores

Not sure why it took Milford 3.5 quarters to figure out all it needed to do was find someone capable of turning the right way and handing the ball off to Bowman, but I guess better late than never.

Anyway, I disagree, RR. A high school is the focal point of small communities. It's what makes them great. If you are moving somewhere fairly rural or suburban and you want to make sure it is a nice area, one of the first things you should do is check the high school. If it is performing well academically and athletically, it is a thriving community.

Well that is basic and kind of sad..considering most kids from those small communities once graduated want to get the hell out of there

Reactions: DevilDog9962
Well that is basic and kind of sad..considering most kids from those small communities once graduated want to get the hell out of there

Do you ever think or do any research before you speak or do you just spout a bunch of nonsense? They leave for college, sure, but they come back after. They teach, work at local businesses, become leaders in the community, have families and raise the next generation of kids to come through the school district. It might be basic, if that's the term you choose, but there is nothing sad about it. It's one of the great things about thriving small communities.

Delmar loves football. No question. But the town supports all of athletics and the school itself. I've never seen a kid screw up during a game and the town turn on them. If anything it's the complete opposite. Kids may leave town after they graduate but a lot return so their kids can experience the same thing they did. Not to mention Delmar is one of the top public schools in the state. Which is why a lot of kids school choice to Delmar and people are always trying to move into the district.

Reactions: 8484ron and wtc76
Do you ever think or do any research before you speak or do you just spout a bunch of nonsense? They leave for college, sure, but they come back after. They teach, work at local businesses, become leaders in the community, have families and raise the next generation of kids to come through the school district. It might be basic, if that's the term you choose, but there is nothing sad about it. It's one of the great things about thriving small communities.

Not everyone can move to New Castle County and sell shower rings like RR. What a life

Delmar also gets Wicomico players. Those kids get to chose wi hi or Delmar. They are d2 but they are drawing from a large area. This is not taking anything away from them. They are a great district.

yeah that is why the enrollment in the HS is dwindling Try again

Delmar loves football. No question. But the town supports all of athletics and the school itself. I've never seen a kid screw up during a game and the town turn on them. If anything it's the complete opposite. Kids may leave town after they graduate but a lot return so their kids can experience the same thing they did. Not to mention Delmar is one of the top public schools in the state. Which is why a lot of kids school choice to Delmar and people are always trying to move into the district.

sure they are,,, they are coming in in droves.. what is Delmars enrollment now? What was it 20 years ago? stop living in the past

Yeah, they probably all wish they went to Caravel.

Caravel doesnt have anything to do with this conversation..and it is a conversation not an accusation.. People send their kids to Caravel for the college prep curriculum not nostalgia none the less I get both sides of the topic.. Personally I moved allot as a kid and went to 5 different high schools in 3 states changing high school 6 times.. So I dont have that nostalgia and recall of the "HS years" but I did witness some of small town shut the town down on Friday nights for the local HS game while at Manhattan High in Kansas. Many of my teammates felt stress by the coaches, parents etc.. to not let the town down.. I didnt experience that at the other schools I attended as they were schools with kids from all over or Joppatowne Md where the only support was parents of kids on the team

Last edited:
RR our enrollment is larger now than 20 years ago, however we have opened up school choice due to enrollment decline in the past couple of years. As far as a player being singled out for performance, Dave Hearn does not and will not tolerate it. His only statement on a loss is "I did not have my team prepared to win this game".

Reactions: ravensrooster2
sbb I dont doubt you... and I have stated many times on here how I love the southern Delaware home town football vibe,,was just posing some questions and they seem to be answered... Delmar is utopia...In all seriousness I hold my time spent in Manhattan very dear and consider it my home town.. Every town has its DBags though lol

RR our enrollment is larger now than 20 years ago, however we have opened up school choice due to enrollment decline in the past couple of years. As far as a player being singled out for performance, Dave Hearn does not and will not tolerate it. His only statement on a loss is "I did not have my team prepared to win this game".

BUT I was at a playoff game at Delmar and spent some time on the concession side endzone fence.. Lets just say I heard some crazy comments coming from the Delmar yahoo's... Yeah everyone has their yahoos but damn those dudes were intense or drunk as hell who knows lol

oh_joy_by_jackassdrawer.jpg

Soccer and Cross Country....I think alums are more energized by FB
Certainly but 2 out of 3 in the fall isn't bad. It is a different landscape now I am afraid. City titles are getting hard to get these days. Hell even the swim team isn't a lock anymore and thank God we have Chip.

Reactions: Chesdel
Why?

Running for distance is admirable but not something that interests me .

And well , soccer is the worst sport ever.

It’s basketball season now .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT