ADVERTISEMENT

SATURDAY SCORES WEEK 1

hope Archmere gets throttled.. Can't believe Archmere dropped Caravel from their schedule next year,, Coach must be feeling the heat wants a silk panty league type schedule to try and point in the play-offs..joke
Did Archmere drop them or did Caravel schedule Glasgow week 5? I see Archmere is open week 5. Archmere dropped Dover and picked up Mount Pleasant for week 1.
St. E's is playing Friends week 5 next year. Could it be possible that St.E's new AD scheduled Friends and it started domino effect?

Did Archmere drop them or did Caravel schedule Glasgow week 5? I see Archmere is open week 5. Archmere dropped Dover and picked up Mount Pleasant for week 1.
St. E's is playing Friends week 5 next year. Could it be possible that St.E's new AD scheduled Friends and it started domino effect?

Archmere dropped them they have been playing for ten years running. I don’t want to give up too much but I have an ear on scheduleing The excuse was they need to schedule for playoff points. That’s as much as I will say. That said some of the games they have for next year are the back end of a home and home contract. Wait till 2020 cupcake city

RR Coach Sabol is a Great Coach and great person.Mervo is total waste

Archmere dropped them they have been playing for ten years running. I don’t want to give up too much but I have an ear on scheduleing The excuse was they need to schedule for playoff points. That’s as much as I will say. That said some of the games they have for next year are the back end of a home and home contract. Wait till 2020 cupcake city

Mervo has been a great conduit for kids and been fighting the good fight. I am not ready to blame Mervo as they are a better alternative to city public’s but unfortunately they are fighting an uphill battle. Things have just gotten out of control in Baltimore. The kids feel enabled to act and do as they please and somehow it’s justified over something that happened overtime because it wasn’t addressed properly now we have mayhem.

Last edited:
I agree. If that kid from DMA was putting those crazy numbers up in D1 he would already have some serious offers.
The is the reason Watkins left St. Marks. Catholic education and football exposure. Period. Not DMA.

Really only a handful of kids are even choosing sallies on an annual basis for college looks. Most choose sallies for the great education/ tradition, as well as family ties.

I’m telling you, I personally know or at least know of a dozen families who sent older brothers/sisters to St. E’s or St. marks and sent the younger sibling to DMA.

The vast vast majority of even all conference players don’t even have getting a college look in mind.
I can name many kids who had older siblings at StE. and now go to DMA.

The is the reason Watkins left St. Marks. Catholic education and football exposure. Period. Not DMA.
Sorry to disagree but he does not have D1 size. That holds a lot of great players from Delaware back. Will Knight and Reggie Carroll were some of the most dominant RB's in state history and couldn't get D1 offers.

"The is the reason Watkins left St. Marks. Catholic education and football exposure."

More remarkable is the fact that he transferred INTO Sallies. The usual transfers are out of Sallies to public programs.

Not in baseball.

nope but baseball is not divided D1 and D2..Caravel football relies heavily on the baseball program as well to bring in players. Many of their best players also play baseball and baseball is their main sport

Yeah, forgot about unified baseball. Watkins is good for the Sals, a pleasant break from DiNardo's three down, run straight ahead, punt offense.

Reactions: FootballguyDE
Sorry to disagree but he does not have D1 size. That holds a lot of great players from Delaware back. Will Knight and Reggie Carroll were some of the most dominant RB's in state history and couldn't get D1 offers.
Not sure what your disagreeing with. I never said he was a D1 recruit. But, given time... Salesianum has a history of moving kids on to D1 programs.

Reactions: FootballguyDE
Fair enough. Maybe I am just having a hard time correlating private school to military academies Military academy to me is like the movie TAPS people just send their kids off to them. I guess it’s like the Techs in Delaware. Just a free alternative to public with the ability to stack teams. Must be a Delaware thing because Tech and Military Academies are not that in other states. You won’t find a Tech or Military Academy anywhere ne’er the top 300 on maxpreps regardless of the state. I would bet you could look at ever states state champs going back 20 years and not find 1 tech or military academy. So yeah families choosing DMA over St Marks is odd to me but so was kids choosing tech schools for athletics to me when I moved here. Is what it is I suppose
#4 St. John's College HS - oldest Army JROTC in the country

#4 St. John's College HS - oldest Army JROTC in the country

I don't think anyone considers them a Military Academy though.. yeah they have the JROTC program that has produced Generals and what not. Today they are the team Plank bought.. lol

St. John’s College High School is a private, Lasallian Catholic coeducational school located in Chevy Chase, DC. Our mission is to provide a quality education to young men and women from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.

I don't think anyone considers them a Military Academy though.. yeah they have the JROTC program that has produced Generals and what not. Today they are the team Plank bought.. lol

St. John’s College High School is a private, Lasallian Catholic coeducational school located in Chevy Chase, DC. Our mission is to provide a quality education to young men and women from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
whole family of alumni with military uniforms-just basing it on personal experience

Will Knight had multiple D1 offers before selecting D1 Old Dominion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT