ADVERTISEMENT

SATURDAY SCORES WEEK 1

Trying to get a score on Caravel v Edmonson... cant find one They played at 6 at Poly.. no one I know went back down today

Andrew Watkins 1-yard run. PAT good. Salesianum 22, Concord 0, 11:03 2Q

all 3 Sals TDs 1 yrd runs lol ground and pound baby

Edmonson 27 CA 9 Final

Andrew Watkins 4-yard run. Then another 29-yard TD by Watkins. Salesianum 37, Concord 0, :20 2Q

Wonder if St Marks will drop Sallies like they did CA just curious

Pretty good showing for Penn.. well unless Mervo has fallen off this year..but definitely something to build on
Penn score came on a pick 6. The teams combined for 37 penalties for 315 yards. There were multiple ejections, including a Mervo coach. Ugly, ugly game.

Biggest mistake I have made this year was to go to this game with my son in law. Concord did not have a first down until the quarter. 35-0 at halftime. The Clones are kind of mediocre. Next week, Sussex Tech will probably tune them up.

My Lord, what happened to D1 football North of the Canal? Are we down to Hodgson, Salesianum and Wm Penn? Lord, have mercy.

44-12 Laurel 6:10 to go in the third
So much for Brandywine
So Laurel might be decent and Brandywine might still be Brandywine.
Bran
Andrew Watkins 4-yard run. Then another 29-yard TD by Watkins. Salesianum 37, Concord 0, :20 2Q

Wonder if St Marks will drop Sallies like they did CA just curious
St Marks plays CA next week. And yes they should drop Salesianum. That end of year lost has cost them tournament games recently. St E's doesn't play em, Archmere doesn't and neither does Caravel for that matter. In the words of St Francis DeSales, "be who you are and be it well"... 250 male students going against 1100?

So much for Brandywine

Bran

St Marks plays CA next week. And yes they should drop Salesianum. That end of year lost has cost them tournament games recently. St E's doesn't play em, Archmere doesn't and neither does Caravel for that matter. In the words of St Francis DeSales, "be who you are and be it well"... 250 male students going against 1100?

yeah I know soccer.. I was talking about St Marks dropping CA from their schedule next year even though they both have the same date open. They still have Sallies on their schedule next year.. All over a kid who transferred out to CA,, I was being smart about them also dropping Sals being the kid scoring all the TD's for them last night was a transfer from St Marks. I am hearing St Marks is dropping CA in all sports over this nonsense.

Maybe St Marks instead of putting blame elsewhere for their woes should look at themselves. There is a reason kids want to transfer out of there as well as there is a reason these kids have no problem getting hardship waivers from the DIAA

Regarding Sals playing CA its not like CA hasn't tried to schedule them they have Sals declines. Not a knock on Sals though they typically try to avoid scheduling D2 teams,, They keep St Marks on the schedule for the history of the game

Last edited:
yeah I know soccer.. I was talking about St Marks dropping CA from their schedule next year even though they both have the same date open. They still have Sallies on their schedule next year.. All over a kid who transferred out to CA,, I was being smart about them also dropping Sals being the kid scoring all the TD's for them last night was a transfer from St Marks. I am hearing St Marks is dropping CA in all sports over this nonsense.

Maybe St Marks instead of putting blame elsewhere for their woes should look at themselves. There is a reason kids want to transfer out of there as well as there is a reason these kids have no problem getting hardship waivers from the DIAA

Regarding Sals playing CA its not like CA hasn't tried to schedule them they have Sals declines. Not a knock on Sals though they typically try to avoid scheduling D2 teams,, They keep St Marks on the schedule for the history of the game
Lets be honest on the "waiver process". There seem to be no enforcement anymore. I wasn't aware scheduling for next year was done. I know the blue hen AD's are meeting this coming week to lock down the other sports I guess.

Biggest mistake I have made this year was to go to this game with my son in law. Concord did not have a first down until the quarter. 35-0 at halftime. The Clones are kind of mediocre. Next week, Sussex Tech will probably tune them up.

My Lord, what happened to D1 football North of the Canal? Are we down to Hodgson, Salesianum and Wm Penn? Lord, have mercy.
How are you going to just say mediocre when they didn’t give up a first down with their starters and scored every possession?

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Either Christiana's much improved or Conrad isn't as good as people are forecasting. Either way, no way should that game have been close.

Christiana looked improved from years past. Their line looked better than Conrad’s and they had two big backs that were giving Conrad’s young defense problems.

Conrad looks to have some novice lineman on both sides of the ball. Defensively, neither team looked great. Both teams should be focusing on getting better for next season because playoffs do not look likely for either squad.

How are you going to just say mediocre when they didn’t give up a first down with their starters and scored every possession?

I understand. Concord played so poorly that it is difficult to praise the Sals for the romp. Let's see how they do against Sussex Tech before I would put a "potentially good" tag on them. The D showed some promise.

One game at a time. They have Tech then Judge then they go on 4 consecutive weeks of bus rides that include 2 out of state teams plus 2 teams(SMY and MDT) that they haven't beaten in a while. We can have a further discussion as we roll into week 8.

The Oline is young. Starting 2 sophs on the Oline is interesting. Possibly, the Sals are a year away.....

I understand. Concord played so poorly that it is difficult to praise the Sals for the romp. Let's see how they do against Sussex Tech before I would put a "potentially good" tag on them. The D showed some promise.

One game at a time. They have Tech then Judge then they go on 4 consecutive weeks of bus rides that include 2 out of state teams plus 2 teams(SMY and MDT) that they haven't beaten in a while. We can have a further discussion as we roll into week 8.

The Oline is young. Starting 2 sophs on the Oline is interesting. Possibly, the Sals are a year away.....
I understand not calling them great yet but to call them mediocre after one game that they did as much as a team could do to completely dominate the other team makes no sense

41338171_10155860337845794_4372877126576111616_n.jpg

DMA= the fall of st. Marks

Simple as that

I understand not calling them great yet but to call them mediocre after one game that they did as much as a team could do to completely dominate the other team makes no sense

That is what they did. Dominate another team. Give me a few weeks and I may change my tune. Do I sound like a negative guy? I think my son in law likes me. Not a lot but he is warming up.

Nonsense. So your saying kids who choose to go to a Military Academy would have chosen to go to St Marks otherwise?

The problems of St Marks is the problems affecting the Catholic Church’s as well as folks don’t view St Marks high academically and don’t feel they are getting anything from paying tuition to what they perceive as a public school education. In other words their is no prestige in going to St Marks. Unlike a Sallies education and thei network of connections after HS. As I have heard St Marks referred to on here in the past. A public school with a cross

I don’t think it’s anything more than a whole lot less people are looking for or value a Catholic School education and the one that do choose Sallies

DMA, Conrad or Charters aren’t taking anything from the privates. They are taking from the public’s like Christiana, Newark, Dickinson, McKeen etc

Last edited:
Nonsense. So your saying kids who choose to go to a Military Academy would have chosen to go to St Marks otherwise?

The problems of St Marks is the problems affecting the Catholic Church’s as well as folks don’t view St Marks high academically and don’t feel they are getting anything from paying tuition to what they perceive as a public school education. In other words their is no prestige in going to St Marks. Unlike a Sallies education and thei network of connections after HS. As I have heard St Marks referred to on here in the past. A public school with a cross

I don’t think it’s anything more than a whole lot less people are looking for or value a Catholic School education and the one that do choose Sallies
LOL... guess it’s just a huge coincidence that at the same time DMA starts to establish itself st. Marks is dying attendance wise? You can’t be serious. How many Pike Creek kids and Newark kids that would have went to St. marks 10 years ago are now going to DMA?

Look at DMA’s roster, you will see last names every year who had older brothers play for St. marks and St. E’s. It’s foolish to try to deny DMA has killed St. marks attendance. Ask the CYM coaches where their kids are going to high school vs 10 years ago

Reactions: Dukedog1
I talked to some folks at McKean Friday night during the lightning delay and they pretty much were in line with RR - that DMA/Conrad/Charters are what's killing Dickinson, Glasgow, Christiana, Newark and McKean. Those schools aren't getting the same kids and it's not totally unreasonable to think Newark Charter and DMA are siphoning kids from St. Mark's because while religion matters, sports matter more and if a parent thinks their child can get noticed at a school in olive drab and with crew cuts rather than a Catholic school uniform, then guess what?

I talked to some folks at McKean Friday night during the lightning delay and they pretty much were in line with RR - that DMA/Conrad/Charters are what's killing Dickinson, Glasgow, Christiana, Newark and McKean. Those schools aren't getting the same kids and it's not totally unreasonable to think Newark Charter and DMA are siphoning kids from St. Mark's because while religion matters, sports matter more and if a parent thinks their child can get noticed at a school in olive drab and with crew cuts rather than a Catholic school uniform, then guess what?
You say religion and sports matter, the parents say money matters. DMA is basically a free private school. I get it from the parents perspective, I really do. Sallies would definitely be slipping if they didn’t get so many PA kids. More kids from holy angels/St. Es middle schools are going to DMA than St. Es and St. marks combined.

Parents will spend whatever they can for their kid to have a hand up in succeeding That said this talk of choosing DMA or any D2 school. for getting looks is laughable. What’s even sillier is you guys talking about DMA like they are some sort of D2 power. I don’t think DMA has even won a D2 playoff game yet. Looks lol. No one is getting looks by what schools they play for in Delaware with the exception of maybe Sallies or Middletown. DE kids getting looks at camps and combines No one is looking at any D2 teams they are not even on the radar might as well be Rhode Island. In any case per the discussion the demise of the Catholic privates Sans Sallies is probably a combination of all the things mentioned

Reactions: soccer07
Parents will spend whatever they can for their kid to have a hand up in succeeding That said this talk of choosing DMA or any D2 school. for getting looks is laughable. What’s even sillier is you guys talking about DMA like they are some sort of D2 power. I don’t think DMA has even won a D2 playoff game yet. Looks lol. No one is getting looks by what schools they play for in Delaware with the exception of maybe Sallies or Middletown. DE kids getting looks at camps and combines No one is looking at any D2 teams they are not even on the radar might as well be Rhode Island. In any case per the discussion the demise of the Catholic privates Sans Sallies is probably a combination of all the things mentioned
I agree. If that kid from DMA was putting those crazy numbers up in D1 he would already have some serious offers.

You say religion and sports matter, the parents say money matters. DMA is basically a free private school. I get it from the parents perspective, I really do. Sallies would definitely be slipping if they didn’t get so many PA kids. More kids from holy angels/St. Es middle schools are going to DMA than St. Es and St. marks combined.

As you know, I freely criticize the Salesianum FB team. Make no mistake, a lot of the Salesianum students are there because their fathers went there. The PA factor - absolutely because that is where their parents moved. The move especially to Chester County PA has been going on now for 25 years.

The growth of Chester County and the flight to Charter schools (especially in Red Clay) has led to a lot of changes as has the growth of 19709.

The kids from Holy Angels going to DMA is interesting because most of that parish is in the Christina School District.

Really only a handful of kids are even choosing sallies on an annual basis for college looks. Most choose sallies for the great education/ tradition, as well as family ties.

I’m telling you, I personally know or at least know of a dozen families who sent older brothers/sisters to St. E’s or St. marks and sent the younger sibling to DMA.

The vast vast majority of even all conference players don’t even have getting a college look in mind.

Well to be honest the CYO youth leagues are not what they used to be. I have a cursory knowledge of the area youth leagues and players coming up and honestly I coldnt name one CYO team or player. Other than Fatima I have heard of them but don’t know if any of their players are up and comers. As opposed to the other youth leagues arround I know who is getting what for the mist part in HS. I know Caravel just had a good well don’t know if good but an influx of numbers in their Freshman class as it pertains to football roster and many of those kids came from a CYO team but it remains to be seen how well they play

Well to be honest the CYO youth leagues are not what they used to be. I have a cursory knowledge of the area youth leagues and players coming up and honestly I coldnt name one CYO team or player. Other than Fatima I have heard of them but don’t know if any of their players are up and comers. As opposed to the other youth leagues arround I know who is getting what for the mist part in HS. I know Caravel just had a good well don’t know if good but an influx of numbers in their Freshman class as it pertains to football roster and many of those kids came from a CYO team but it remains to be seen how well they play
That’s a shame. Even 6-7 years ago CYO was still great. Sending studs to Sals/ Sparty every year.

But I think we’re just going to disagree on this subject. I view DMA and Conrad to a lesser extent for 80-90% of what caused St. marks/ St. Elizabeth to suffer.

Really only a handful of kids are even choosing sallies on an annual basis for college looks. Most choose sallies for the great education/ tradition, as well as family ties.

I’m telling you, I personally know or at least know of a dozen families who sent older brothers/sisters to St. E’s or St. marks and sent the younger sibling to DMA.

The vast vast majority of even all conference players don’t even have getting a college look in mind.[/QUOT

Fair enough. Maybe I am just having a hard time correlating private school to military academies Military academy to me is like the movie TAPS people just send their kids off to them. I guess it’s like the Techs in Delaware. Just a free alternative to public with the ability to stack teams. Must be a Delaware thing because Tech and Military Academies are not that in other states. You won’t find a Tech or Military Academy anywhere ne’er the top 300 on maxpreps regardless of the state. I would bet you could look at ever states state champs going back 20 years and not find 1 tech or military academy. So yeah families choosing DMA over St Marks is odd to me but so was kids choosing tech schools for athletics to me when I moved here. Is what it is I suppose

Last edited:

Baltimore is a hot mess right now with all the politics, kids assaulting families visiting the inner harbor , race riots attack on cops Etc.... it’s pure mayhem Its great to see the players, coaches and fans of William Penn didn’t feed into what mervio kids and coaches were doing. Very commendable and makes me proud to be an ex Marylander and now Delawarean.

Reactions: 84rider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT