ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday scores

Just got home from WP V SC.. will say SC is a good team.. just too hard headed running the same plays over and over when they had success throwing the ball right before half but they only would throw when they were forced to by down and distance.. Dont understand why they dont mix it up more.. Their QB can throw. and Penns pass D is suspect.. makes no sense .anyway.. The WP team I saw today was not the same WP i saw the first couple weeks.. Coach Dooley and staff have done a great job with those kids,, WP played great sound football and played disciplined,, In fact they were more discipline and made less mistakes than Central and Central is a disciplined team.. WP playing like that coupled with they had better players was the difference.. Don't think WP can beat MT or Smyrna because their pass D is an issue and the pass O is also a isue but they are solidly the 3rd best team in the state

Reactions: youjustme
Left the St G v DMA game at half to head to Penn... That game was like watching grass grow... quiet crowd wasn't a play off atmosphere at all and the play on the field was a snooze fest.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I have seen enough D2 teams now to come to one conclusion.. They're all small especially in the skill positions... Looks like Pop Warner games.. CA and WB are the two best teams.. Who ever wins this week should cruise the ship

Just got home from Penn-SC game. Raven is on target. Penn did run 2 fake punt plays...one that worked, one that didn't. If SC doesn't score 2 TDs in last minute of 1st half..( the second set up by on side kick) the game would have been lopsided. SC did have a TD called back early in game. That hurt.

Penn will have to run offense picture perfect to control the clock against Smyrna. Does Marvin have a miracle up his sleeve?

Just got home from Penn-SC game. Raven is on target. Penn did run 2 fake punt plays...one that worked, one that didn't. If SC doesn't score 2 TDs in last minute of 1st half..( the second set up by on side kick) the game would have been lopsided. SC did have a TD called back early in game. That hurt.

Penn will have to run offense picture perfect to control the clock against Smyrna. Does Marvin have a miracle up his sleeve?
The SC TD called back was a obvious block below the waist on the edge. I saw it when it happened.. Just to give the officials props as I saw and heard the SC sidelines boo and act up but it was a easy call

I didnt mean it as a comment on the officiating. The SC contingent also got vociferous when Penn ran the first fake punt for like a 40 yard gain. A flag was thrown apparently on Penn but then it was picked up.

Bummy has no clue what that was about....

I didnt mean it as a comment on the officiating. The SC contingent also got vociferous when Penn ran the first fake punt for like a 40 yard gain. A flag was thrown apparently on Penn but then it was picked up.

Bummy has no clue what that was about....
that was when we were walking in.. I didnt see the play

No offense to Penn, as they have a good team, but the closest shot they have to upset Smyrna is at 12:00 mark in the 1st qt...when it says 0-0....after that, it's Smyrna all the way.

No offense to Penn, as they have a good team, but the closest shot they have to upset Smyrna is at 12:00 mark in the 1st qt...when it says 0-0....after that, it's Smyrna all the way.
I hope it is that easy but as you know any team can stub its toe at any time. When it comes to playoffs its just win and advance. If Smyrna scores one point more that WP, I'll be happy enough!

Reactions: ravensrooster2
Left the St G v DMA game at half to head to Penn... That game was like watching grass grow... quiet crowd wasn't a play off atmosphere at all and the play on the field was a snooze fest.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I have seen enough D2 teams now to come to one conclusion.. They're all small especially in the skill positions... Looks like Pop Warner games.. CA and WB are the two best teams.. Who ever wins this week should cruise the ship
Maybe I've just never been to the right one, but have never been to a game at St George's that had a really exciting atmosphere. Don't know that it would change much but crazy to play a game at 11am (furthering the "pop warner" comparison). Honestly don't see why they're allowed to host playoff games - no lights, visiting bleachers they bring in suck, etc. Appreciate what they've been able to do on the field but everything else around it is pretty lackluster.

I hope it is that easy but as you know any team can stub its toe at any time. When it comes to playoffs its just win and advance. If Smyrna scores one point more that WP, I'll be happy enough!
If Smyrna was a run team yeah Penn has a shot Penn is bad vs the Pass so that doesn't bode well,, couple that with Smyrna;s D is good vs run but sketchy vs the pass.. Only Penn cant pass well so its all signs lead to a Smryna blowout

Maybe I've just never been to the right one, but have never been to a game at St George's that had a really exciting atmosphere. Don't know that it would change much but crazy to play a game at 11am (furthering the "pop warner" comparison). Honestly don't see why they're allowed to host playoff games - no lights, visiting bleachers they bring in suck, etc. Appreciate what they've been able to do on the field but everything else around it is pretty lackluster.
They host games because they win point blank period. If you don't like it don't come to the game

They can win every game on the schedule, doesn't negate the fact that their stadium is not up to playoff standards. Point blank period.

They fought and whined the first year they made the playoffs because they had to play at caravel, and DIAA was tired of hearing the backlash and let St. Georges bring in temporary seating......NOT knowing how poor they were going to be.

Some CA vs St G games and some St G vs HVT had a great atmosphere,, I get it was they were winning then and it was new to them... Losing the ship to Howard last year and Brightwell transferring out along with all the off season drama and fallout from losing to Howard probably took some steam out of the sails,, To be honest the crowd they brought to CA for that first playoff game was nuts.. its was full and they were loud

why is there no 302sports for the playoffs? Is this some DIAA thing to make folks go to the game.. what if they are out of town... bullshit if you ask me.. I am not driving to Milford on a Sat night to watch them play Friends but I would watch a stream of the game...

OK get the D2 silk panty soccer nonsense off twitter its football time Lets go Southern Bucs

Last edited:
I respect John Wells but his time is up at SC and same goes for Collick at Cape. Both have done OUTSTANDING jobs. Time to look in another direction. Get some young energetic fresh blood. Someone who wants to work and take those programs even higher.

Wwlls has played in 3 state title games and always has his team in the hunt for the north. Cape was the door mat of the conference before Collick and his staff took over. They have done GREAT jobs building and bringing some respect back to those programs but theTime has come to pass the torch.

Reactions: myrealname
I respect John Wells but his time is up at SC and same goes for Collick at Cape. Both have done OUTSTANDING jobs. Time to look in another direction. Get some young energetic fresh blood. Someone who wants to work and take those programs even higher.

Wwlls has played in 3 state title games and always has his team in the hunt for the north. Cape was the door mat of the conference before Collick and his staff took over. They have done GREAT jobs building and bringing some respect back to those programs but theTime has come to pass the torch.
Winged T has run its course,, everyone knows how to defend it.. Its not even about running a system.. winged T, single wing, double wing or whatever,.. Today you have to be able to run plays from multiple sets and mix it up

If I'm SC or Cape I take a good look upstate and try to lure Matthew's, Maull, Ritter or Mark's (Smyrna OC).

If I'm SC or Cape I take a good look upstate and try to lure Matthew's, Maull, Ritter or Mark's (Smyrna OC).
I would take Maull but he is old school winged T... same old same old ,, although they did pump some passes in today that changed the game.. I would take Maull if he brought in a young aggressive OC with him... St G D is always good.. Ritter would be a great choice but he is from Middltown might be too much of a drive but who knows.. I think he will hold out for a position at MT or Appo or Maybe St G if Maull rolls

I honestly thought Collick would retire last year and Maull would have went to Cape and Ritter to ST G.. not sure why Collick is holding on.. time to go

I would take Maull but he is old school winged T... same old same old ,, although they did pump some passes in today that changed the game.. I would take Maull if he brought in a young aggressive OC with him... St G D is always good.. Ritter would be a great choice but he is from Middltown might be too much of a drive but who knows.. I think he will hold out for a position at MT or Appo or Maybe St G if Maull rolls

I honestly thought Collick would retire last year and Maull would have went to Cape and Ritter to ST G.. not sure why Collick is holding on.. time to go
Marks is a Math teacher at Smyrna.. He did his traveling with Red Lion and ECA , I am guessing he is tied to the hip at Smyrna for the time being.. He doesnt seem to me to be the type looking for a HC role.. I think he likes his gig as a OC it suites him

I would be greasing his palms lol. Add that to living at the beach. I would pitch it to the wife and kids. Let him tell them no lol

I would be greasing his palms lol. Add that to living at the beach. I would pitch it to the wife and kids. Let him tell them no lol
lol very good point,, RR2 may come out of retirement for that deal...not as a HC but would surely assist Mr Marks coaching QBs or LBs lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT