ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmages this week Wed-Sun

Yeah that's kind of weird posting your scrimmage stats (not even a scrimmage game but controlled scrim with no refs)... twitter hype is getting ridiculous. 🥴 and I guess, I am just getting old.👴 I wonder if ole @Uncle Bumfuzzled approves of this tomfoolery. Does he have an offer from USC yet? 🤠
Ah...I didn't see highlights but saw quite a few other games had refs so thought they did too, yeah that is a bit on the weird side. I mean it's one thing to highlight a good play or something. I must be getting old as well lol

• Haha
Reactions: BackinBlack86
Ah...I didn't see highlights but saw quite a few other games had refs so thought they did too, yeah that is a bit on the weird side. I mean it's one thing to highlight a good play or something. I must be getting old as well lol

I think the QB looks good and has nice touch on the ball especially for a Freshman as for the competition this day....you be the judge

Last edited:
I think the QB looks good and has nice touch on the ball especially for a Freshman as for the competition this day.. I mean really they ran all the plays from the same spot..you be the judge

He did look good and does have a nice touch on the ball. Best play was where he had a nice pass with someone right in his face. But yeah they looked like they overrated IR by a lot. And I know a lot of kids are these days but he is a reclassied freshman. Originally was at Smyrna school district

Does any of you know why AI changed their coaching staff? Did the coach quit or did they let him go? Last years qb, JC, father was on the coaching staff so I'm not surprised he left. Did other players transfer or "quit" as well? If so, was it because of the coaching changes?
Just a follow-up. AI currently has a roster of 19. Admin will be meeting this week to make a decision on season.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
Anybody seen any of south teams? I know Lake and Cape scrimmaged and haven’t heard much on that. SC and Laurel scrimmaged and I’ve just heard that SC should have a damn good DL and running game. Woodbridge? Delmar?

Just a follow-up. AI currently has a roster of 19. Admin will be meeting this week to make a decision on season.
Thanks for the update. It would be a shame if those kids don't get a chance to play. Especially the seniors. Is there a minimum number of players that must be available to start a game? My understanding is there must be 18 players available.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Thanks for the update. It would be a shame if those kids don't get a chance to play. Especially the seniors. Is there a minimum number of players that must be available to start a game? My understanding is there must be 18 players available.

NFHS rules are you need 11 players to start the game. If you lose a player from injury or ejection and have no substitutes you may continue to play with 10

"Ideally" DIAA should make an emergency switch and swap AI and ST E's classification now and they can play each others schedule. I mean if it's all about player safety and all. It's going to happen next year anyway,, just a thought fully understanding it won't happen.

"Ideally" DIAA should make an emergency switch and swap AI and ST E's classification now and they can play each others schedule. I mean if it's all about player safety and all. It's going to happen next year anyway,, just a thought fully understanding it won't happen.
If they have to fold….is it allowed for those kids to play on another team while attending Ai since they won’t field a team….or any type of free waiver like during the Covid season?

If they have to fold….is it allowed for those kids to play on another team while attending Ai since they won’t field a team….or any type of free waiver like during the Covid season?

They can't go to one school and play for another. They would have to transfer. Although it has been discussed on here that a couple schools should combine for football. This has worked in other cities well.

If the football program drops they can transfer and be eligible wherever they go.

2.4.4.1.4.1 Students shall not participate in a contest at the varsity level for two different schools in the same sport during the same school year unless one of the other exceptions in subsection 2.4.4 of this regulation applies.

Transfer rule exception that applies. 2.4.4.1.12.2

2.4.4.1.12 Transfer Because Sending School Closed or Dropped Sport/Athletic Program - A student may transfer without loss of athletic eligibility if the transfer is a result of any of the following:

2.4.4.1.12.1 The closure of the sending school;

2.4.4.1.12.2 The sending school discontinuing a single sport at the varsity level. In order for this exception to apply when a school discontinues a single sport at the varsity level, the student must have previously participated in that sport.

2.4.4.1.12.3 The sending school dropping their entire athletic program. Dropping their athletic program is defined as the school discontinuing all of their interscholastic athletics sports programs. For this exception to apply, adequate documentation must be submitted to the receiving school and sent to the DIAA Executive Director for approval as sufficient.

Last edited:

This is an important decision. If they try and play then later have to fold then all the games on their schedule are forfeits and count towards win loss records and playoff points. If they pull the plug before the competitive season begins then the games are "no contest" and the teams on their schedule will have to try and find games to make 10 or just play a 9 game schedule

FAQs Concerning 1009.1.4 (Contracts)

1. What happens if a school discontinues sponsorship of a team before the start of a season? If a school discontinues sponsorship of a particular team prior to the start of the competitive season in that sport, regardless of the presence of a master contract or a signed individual contract, the contracted games shall be considered “no contests.” No forfeits shall be awarded and those games shall not count as either wins or losses for the purpose of conference standings or selection and seeding in the state tournament.

2. What happens if a school discontinues sponsorship of a team after the start of a season? As required by 1009 1.4 (above), in the absence of a contract appropriately submitted to DIAA, all games remaining on that school’s schedule after dropping the team will be considered “no contest”. If a contract has been appropriately submitted to DIAA, the opponent may appeal to DIAA for a forfeit. If a game is considered “no contest” and provided tournament regulations do not prohibit doing so, schools are free to schedule replacement contests.

This is an important decision. If they try and play then later have to fold then all the games on their schedule are forfeits and count towards win loss records and playoff points. If they pull the plug before the competitive season begins then the games are "no contest" and the teams on their schedule will have to try and find games to make 10 or just play a 9 game schedule

FAQs Concerning 1009.1.4 (Contracts)

1. What happens if a school discontinues sponsorship of a team before the start of a season? If a school discontinues sponsorship of a particular team prior to the start of the competitive season in that sport, regardless of the presence of a master contract or a signed individual contract, the contracted games shall be considered “no contests.” No forfeits shall be awarded and those games shall not count as either wins or losses for the purpose of conference standings or selection and seeding in the state tournament.

2. What happens if a school discontinues sponsorship of a team after the start of a season? As required by 1009 1.4 (above), in the absence of a contract appropriately submitted to DIAA, all games remaining on that school’s schedule after dropping the team will be considered “no contest”. If a contract has been appropriately submitted to DIAA, the opponent may appeal to DIAA for a forfeit. If a game is considered “no contest” and provided tournament regulations do not prohibit doing so, schools are free to schedule replacement contests.
I feel for the kids that are on the team, but with the info of only having 19 players and looking at their schedule they maybe win 1 game against Poly. The fact that they canceled last year do we know how many players they started off with then. Right now this is a team that should move down immediately (like was stated earlier switch schedules with someone else) or fold now and the kids that really want to play and have the ability let them transfer to another school where they have an opportunity to play without the fear of knowing that their season could end at any moment.

I feel for the kids that are on the team, but with the info of only having 19 players and looking at their schedule they maybe win 1 game against Poly. The fact that they canceled last year do we know how many players they started off with then. Right now this is a team that should move down immediately (like was stated earlier switch schedules with someone else) or fold now and the kids that really want to play and have the ability let them transfer to another school where they have an opportunity to play without the fear of knowing that their season could end at any moment.
Their roster shows 20 players in 2021. They will pick up a few players next week when school starts. They should be allowed to move down but at this point it's too late. I'm sure St E's doesn't want to swap and move up as they were probably focused on competing for a championship this year after losing it last year. Just a tough situation all around.

I'm sure the new coach wants to get his opportunity to grow the program as well. Even if he starts with a losing record this year, he would get a chance to implement his coaching philosophy.

They started camp last year with 30+ players. They were down to 13 when they pulled the plug on the season.

Can someone step in and make a decision now! This will cause issues in both divisions. Points, records, playoff spots, and so on. Please let the young men play somewhere. They should not and can not lose a season of football. Easiest thing to do is implement a JV schedule ASAP. As for the teams they would play for varsity- start the process now! It can be done.
for the youngsters, they can get a 8-10 game JV schedule easily.

In their letter to DIAA requesting an immediate move to 1A, this was the first bullet point. Not sure how they could justify playing after this.

1. We had several players severally injured playing district games. When playing Tower Hill, we had two players taken to the hospital by ambulance alone. Our players and program do not have the size or strength right now to safely compete against schools in this division. We started our season with 35 players in the program, when we were forced to end our season we had only 13, 9 of which were 1st year players or freshmen

They started camp last year with 30+ players. They were down to 13 when they pulled the plug on the season.
And they begin with 19 this year. And any one that joins when school starts is most likely a freshman that has never played so that really doesn't add to any confidence for a team. The fact that they are saying that they have no chance of competing against anyone in their division is saying a lot. The fact that they open up with st marks, a legit championship caliber team, in a week, and they had to cancel a scrimmage, you can imagine after that first game they might just fold the program then. Maybe a year of JV games might be the way to go if they are not able to move down.

Can someone step in and make a decision now! This will cause issues in both divisions. Points, records, playoff spots, and so on. Please let the young men play somewhere. They should not and can not lose a season of football. Easiest thing to do is implement a JV schedule ASAP. As for the teams they would play for varsity- start the process now! It can be done.
for the youngsters, they can get a 8-10 game JV schedule easily.

That is what Dickinson did back in 2017 played their 1st four game varsity then just let the varsity games left on the schedule go to fft then they played that teams JV if they could..

St. Elizabeth would never accept a move to 2A. They fought to be in 1A when these classes were created. They are quite talented, but their roster will likely be smaller than or very close to last year's listed 31. No swap is going to happen at this date, but even if it could, why not defending champion Laurel or Indian River, both of whom had more than 40 players last season?

St. Elizabeth would never accept a move to 2A. They fought to be in 1A when these classes were created. They are quite talented, but their roster will likely be smaller than or very close to last year's listed 31. No swap is going to happen at this date, but even if it could, why not defending champion Laurel or Indian River, both of whom had more than 40 players last season?

I mentioned St E's mainly from a geographical point of view as the one to switch with AI There are a few 2A teams with 30-39 man rosters. I'm pretty sure Laurel and St E's will go up next year. Especially if both make it to the championship game. Of course I know it wouldn't or can't happen this late. I think its lame to want to be in 1A myself..

Last edited:
I mentioned St E's mainly from a geographical point of view as the one to switch with AI There are a few 2A teams with 30-39 man rosters. I'm pretty sure Laurel and St E's will go up next year. Especially if both make it to the championship game. Of course I know it wouldn't or can't happen this late. I think its lame to want to be in 1A myself..
My opinion is DMA moves up….Laurel moved up…Odessa moves up….rumors Appo or HVT moves down. ..I would of thought STG over Appo

My opinion is DMA moves up….Laurel moved up…Odessa moves up….rumors Appo or HVT moves down. ..I would of thought STG over Appo

Why on earth would anyone think Appo or STG would go down? No way the formula would have either of those two below the top 12. Besides they have to get to 12 3A's before anyone from 3A goes down anyway. For the formula to drop any of these guys from 3A they would have to be really bad for a few years. Like 1-9 and 2-8 bad.

The enrollment portion (50%) of the formula will be based on this years enrollment and Odessa only has 3 classes so unless they estimate what the 4th class will bring in 2023 they probably won't be ranked ahead of St E's or Laurel. Maybe if they win the championship this year they go up, Maybe,, They could ask to go up and be granted that I suppose

Remember Howard was ranked 9th in the formula not 12.

"Rick Jensen show last night with Sean Green as a guest and Sean said that according to the formula (50% enrollment, 30% 3 year record, 20% 5 year record), Howard was ranked 9th in the state. Sean also said Howard had something around 850-900 students. That's only 150-200 less than the current D1 break point."

I don't think HVT will be going anywhere either, not yet. One or two bad years isn't going to move anyone. Remember HVT just won a D1 championship in 2019

HVT's last 5 seasons

2021 C3A 2-8
2020 D1 5-2
2019 D1 12-0 champion
2018 D1 10-0 reg season lost semi 18-20 to Sallies
2017 D1 8-2 reg season lost semi to Smyrna

Appo's last 5

2021 C3A 6-4 plus won a playoff game
2020 D1 3-4
2019 D1 4-6
2018 D1 6-4 lost 1st round to Central
2017 D1 3-7

STG last 5

2021 C3A 8-2 lost Dover 2nd round
2020 D1 5-2 lost semi 7-13 to MT
2019 D1 5-5
2018 D1 5-5
2017 D1 4-6

Cape and CR's enrollment numbers will keep them up..

No one currently in C3A will be going anywhere the only question is who will come up and make 12... DMA wants it so I say give it to them.

Last edited:
In a different light, AI beat McKean last year and McKean only has c. 19 on their roster this year. Be a shame to not give McKean a shot at evening things out. Or how about this: the teams on their schedule that will be far and away better just play them hard, play them fair, no hot dogging or low class celebrating after a score, no padding stats, get to a running clock and see if it can run before half if it's at that point, end the game with back-ups and congratulate them on playing. If everyone is really worried about what is best for all the teams, this is it. And in the end if they only win one or two, they were earned. Best lesson for the team and especially the young guys that will come back next year.

I am sure every year a case can be made for many teams to either go up or go down..

For this new setup to even work there has to be a published formula and they need to stick to it. No catering to threats of State Reps and all that. No lobbying every 2 years to not go up or to go down.. It already started on the wrong foot allowing that mess from the jump. Schools have to be willing to bite the bullet and go where they are placed by the formula or we will be right back to enrollment numbers deciding who is where. The only lobbying allowed should be those that want to move up. Period. JMHO

Anybody seen any of south teams? I know Lake and Cape scrimmaged and haven’t heard much on that. SC and Laurel scrimmaged and I’ve just heard that SC should have a damn good DL and running game. Woodbridge? Delmar?
Cape looked great…sallies will have a handful
SC is loaded..
Woodbridge will Win it all

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT