ADVERTISEMENT

Slam Dunk To The Beach is loaded field....

hoopsdownstate

In the weight room getting big
Jul 21, 2016
Delaware has 4 teams in the top 10 in state that will play each other at Slam Dunk to the Beach... Mount vs Cape and Smryna vs Sanford.. Who will win??

Mount thumps Cape.... 15-20+. Sanford exposes Smyrna, should be close 5-10 range....Stan will make someone else beat them besides Matthews. Cape or Smyrna wins should be upsets. I hope the Vikings and Eagles can make some noise.

Poor Smyrna, losing to Sanford will be crushing, and beating them won't be that big of a deal.... This is a really down year for Sanford....

Reactions: hoopsdownstate
The Slam starts tomorrow and nothing in the News Journal. Does not help that the Slam web site still has last years teams listed.

@hoops There is nothing in the News Journal. The Slam web site still has 2015 teams listed. The only thing that has been updated is the schedule for this year. Not sure what TV station you are talking about but there is nothing being advertised up here.

I think today's NJ has a full schedule. Watch New American Savior from Long Island. The Sals recently dropped a 52-51 decision up there. The name is deceiving, New American is a basket ball mill that imports players from Africa that have Division 1 potential. Very similar to West Town Friends that is pumping out division 1 players by the bushel.

I think today's NJ has a full schedule. Watch New American Savior from Long Island. The Sals recently dropped a 52-51 decision up there. The name is deceiving, New American is a basket ball mill that imports players from Africa that have Division 1 potential. Very similar to West Town Friends that is pumping out division 1 players by the bushel.

Your right it's Our Savior New American School, my nephew Javon Parris went there in 04-05. They had several foreign players 6'9+ sprinkled in with skilled players from all over NYC.

Last edited:
Oldtimer is heading down today. I read the NJ coverage. Pretty weak to say the least. Only way this event is going to be around if there is more marketing. Who reads the paper this morning and decides to go?

Mount thumps Cape.... 15-20+. Sanford exposes Smyrna, should be close 5-10 range....Stan will make someone else beat them besides Matthews. Cape or Smyrna wins should be upsets. I hope the Vikings and Eagles can make some noise.

Not u

What happened to the 15-20 it was a struggle.

Reactions: hoopsdownstate
If Cape hit a few shots in first half, maybe different story. From what I saw they missed every outside shot first half. I only watched first half, game was too sloppy to continue watching...
Was probably a little too much hype for this game. Hope both teams play more deliberate bball rest of the week!

Bo
If Cape hit a few shots in first half, maybe different story. From what I saw they missed every outside shot first half. I only watched first half, game was too sloppy to continue watching...
Was probably a little too much hype for this game. Hope both teams play more deliberate bball rest of the week!
Both coaches was bad too... Mount coach runs players in and out like every 50 seconds . Cape coach let Rickards play out of control the whole game... Not say one thing either.

Reactions: basketball24/7
I
I saw with my own 2 eyes. Way overated... 1 player only Ali that can score ... If he dont set them up to score they are lost out there.. Smh

I was off on my MP/Cape spread....said MP by 15-20. Sanford by 5-10...spot on. MP beats cape by 15-20 85% of the time. Downstate teams......less population-fewer good players, non-private-can't recruit. Chances of downstate teams making real noise......not good. Smyrna and Cape prove the point. Downstate people get a few good kids on a team and they thinking of the chip. Think again. New divisions/conferences need to be put in place..period. School size..big little. Private by themselves. Something has to change. Hoosiers story is nice, but people need to realize one tournament for all is not good for anybody but the upstate teams. If you don't believe that then I appreciate your foolish optimism. Last time 1997 SEAFORD. Let's wait another 20 years.

I was off on my MP/Cape spread....said MP by 15-20. Sanford by 5-10...spot on. MP beats cape by 15-20 85% of the time. Downstate teams......less population-fewer good players, non-private-can't recruit. Chances of downstate teams making real noise......not good. Smyrna and Cape prove the point. Downstate people get a few good kids on a team and they thinking of the chip. Think again. New divisions/conferences need to be put in place..period. School size..big little. Private by themselves. Something has to change. Hoosiers story is nice, but people need to realize one tournament for all is not good for anybody but the upstate teams. If you don't believe that then I appreciate your foolish optimism. Last time 1997 SEAFORD. Let's wait another 20 years.
Mount will never beat Cape by 20.. You talking dumb...smh

Best HS game I ever saw last night. Westtown v. Gray Collegiate Academy. Simply incredible. Westtown won 71-69. Probably 7 High D-1 players in the game. Felton for Gray's is a UNC commit who dropped 39 in a variety of ways.

Great lets change the rules so everyone can get a trophy.. hell lets have four divisions in DE.. Conference Champions exists for a reason and schools have no issue hanging those banners... State Champion is reserved for the best in the state no qualifiers,, Big ,small, private,charter or tech..

As long as all are members of the DIAA they all play by the same rules. Delaware is school choice so everyone is only bound by the limits of travel to get their kids to said school

Last edited:
So almost every other State has one State Champion. We are it. The only justification....lack of size matters, evidently. I guess every other State gives trophies to everyone.

So almost every other State has one State Champion. We are it. The only justification....lack of size matters, evidently. I guess every other State gives trophies to everyone.

We are unique, Sanford is probably the smallest school in the state and is always in contention, St. Thomas More, also a VERY SMALL school, will be a top 4 team by seasons end, neither has a team full great players.The simple fix is for the players to get better, and for the coaches to get better. No way should Sanford be a title contender, but they will be, and will probably win it.

St. Thomas More is very talented. It's a shame they don't get the respect they deserve. Definitely looking forward to seeing what they do later in the year.

every other state is 4 or 5 times larger.. Maryland a neighboring small state has hundreds of teams tying to get a play off spot.. DI de football has 18 teams trying to get one of six and basketball has 24 of 30 some teams get in Its watered down enough.. Hell most states teams have to be better than 300+ teams to geti in put it in perspective

We're not a state athletically.. we are a conference... #thruth

Last edited:

All the hype state chips etc. It gets you nothing in college completely nothing. When people come to watch games that others announce will be a phenomenal turnout by one team. Start telling the truth did you see them scouts walk out .Mr. chip... you guys are hilarious

All the hype state chips etc. It gets you nothing in college completely nothing. When people come to watch games that others announce will be a phenomenal turnout by one team. Start telling the truth did you see them scouts walk out .Mr. chip... you guys are hilarious

What does this post mean and who is Mr. Chip?

Bo

Both coaches was bad too... Mount coach runs players in and out like every 50 seconds . Cape coach let Rickards play out of control the whole game... Not say one thing either.

Its irritating to see a freshman lead the team and be that spark when you have upperclassmen who won't even rebound and they are 6'5 and 6'6. Cry on the court and everything else. Its really a shame to see a talented cape team with no discipline from the coaching staff to have Rickards play with the team and not by himself. Cape won't get far like this.

Its irritating to see a freshman lead the team and be that spark when you have upperclassmen who won't even rebound and they are 6'5 and 6'6. Cry on the court and everything else. Its really a shame to see a talented cape team with no discipline from the coaching staff to have Rickards play with the team and not by himself. Cape won't get far like this.[/QUOTE Make it so bad he wont take him out the game but take Barnes and Harden out for couple of turnovers... But let Rickards run wild whole game.. No clue how to use this talented team.. Dover might beat them...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT