ADVERTISEMENT

Smyrna-Sals: is it a rivalry?

Uncle Bumfuzzled

D1AA Prospect
Sep 11, 2012
My cursory review of the history of Smyrna-Sals shows that the Big S is 2-8 against Smyrna since they started playing each other in 2015. How is that a rivalry?
I really don't see Smyrna losing as a Judy led Smyrna team will not lose 3 in a row. (and they lost to top out of state competition.)
Why are some of the cognoscenti picking the Sals to win?

It could be a tough weekend for Bummy. The Irish host Ohio State. The last time the Domers beat the Buckeyes was 1936.

Last edited:
My cursory view of the history of Smyrna-Sals shows that the Big S is 2-8 against Smyrna since they started playing each other in 2015. How is that a rivalry?
I really don't see Smyrna losing as a Judy led Smyrna team will not lose 3 in a row. (and they lost to top out of state competition.)
Why are some of the cognoscenti picking the Sals to win?

It could be a tough weekend for Bummy. The Irish host Ohio State. The last time the Domers beat the Buckeyes was 1936.
How was that game Bummy?

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
How was that game Bummy?
2022 – Ohio State 21, Notre Dame 10
2015 –
Ohio State 44, Notre Dame 28 (Fiesta Bowl)
2005 – Ohio State 34, Notre Dame 20 (Fiesta Bowl)
1996 – Ohio State 29, Notre Dame 16
1995 –
Ohio State 45, Notre Dame 26
1936 – Notre Dame 7
, Ohio State 2
1935 – Notre Dame 18, Ohio State 13

Thanks for making me laugh. I have watched all of the above modern era games on TV. The Irish haven't really put a dent in the Buckeyes, but they played well in Colombus last year. Bummy is afraid of a lost weekend. I am not too confident about the Eagles at Tampa this weekend either.

Reactions: Ikeyfbst2
Sals/Smyrna rivalry only began in 2015 so not a lot of history. If they had played in the years before when Smyrna was nothing it might now be a time tested rivalry.

It is definitely not a rivalry. It appeared to be one in the making after Smyrna avenged the 76-56 loss with a win in the title game in 2015. Unfortunately, Sallies never held up their end of their bargain, with the Eagles pretty much dominating since

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT