ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship

Old timer jebree will not get much credit but he came up big a few times in the mount game and today.

Mr. Willis received big time praise from the WDEL broadcast team during th Mt. Pleasant game.
During the broadcast wrap up he was mentioned as one of the stars of the game.

He also played a meaningful role in last year's title game.

Originally posted by Chesdel:
Mr. Willis received big time praise from the WDEL broadcast team during th Mt. Pleasant game.
During the broadcast wrap up he was mentioned as one of the stars of the game.

He also played a meaningful role in last year's title game.
One of the most memorable moments for me was when Ches screamed at Coach Haley to call an intentional safety in the waning moments when Sallies was having some trouble with Poly's pressure defense.

Kinda sad!

The lack of fanfare for Sals winning back to back Sate Championships... There is even a post about what happened 20 years ago...
Las year Sals accomplished it with a stacked team. This years team only returned 2 starters and a sixth man. Everyone counted them out after an unexpected loss to Howard first game of the season. They were criticized about their record and questioned when it came to SOS. Well they did the unexpected! They beat a very strong mostly or all senior squad, with a pair of freshman, 2 seniors that saw very little time last season and the aforementioned return players. Its an improbable journey.

Yes they did have Donte! He's a level above, but it takes more than one dominant player to win as the Cavs learned a years back!

Congrats to Sals!!!

Foul Shot , The tourney run will live on in the lore of DE HS basketball. Maybe some folks are stunned by the magic.
I have to give a shoutout to ravenrooster who has been giving the Sals props during the ride.
I think Brad Meyers of the NJ did a nice job today in describing how special this state championship is.

Nobody ever views the Big S as an underdog. It comes with the territory.

These kids have accomplished something special. Led by Coach Haley and Donte they left a legacy.

Donte is a special talent. A lot of old Sallies guys said early in the tournament that they had to go see "donte's last game."

He had other plans. St G's, Appo, Mount Pleasant and Poly.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT