ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship

Poly having a hard time with Sallies zone on offense as well as getting back on D..

20-10 Sals

IMO Poly has to change their approach to the 2-3 zone.. Poly was 2-14 from 3's and were out rebounded .. IMO they should go to the twin towers low post and work the ball in... they arent going to beat this zone chucking three's JMHO

This post was edited on 3/14 1:43 PM by ravensrooster2

3:00 left in third Sallies have not scored .. Sallies came out tight.. Poly came out playing great D and some plays vs the 2-3... Butler hits three takes the lead 27-26

Clark with the only 4 pts for Sals 2nd half has Sals up 30-27.... Donte has been quiet for a while

end of 3 Sallies up 30-27

grab some popcorn ..

This post was edited on 3/14 2:00 PM by ravensrooster2

Donte hits 3... 6 quick points for DD t Sals up 36-29

This post was edited on 3/14 2:04 PM by ravensrooster2

Poly can't foul clark scores... 49-40.... Poly hits a thee time out called 49-43 .57 left

This post was edited on 3/14 2:17 PM by ravensrooster2

Sals up 51-45 .36 left TO Poly... Sals to inbound

This post was edited on 3/14 2:22 PM by ravensrooster2

Clark misses fron end of 1 and 1...... Poly shoots , DD gets rebound get ball to willis fouled... Willis hits first.. 3 possession game 15 secs left

Donte was tremendous during the run but Shane Clark really stepped up and made a difference. Very workmanlike... I like this kid... . Also Paul Brown freshman stepped up big in the chip...

IMO as long as Haley stays at "S" they will continue to be a hoop power in DE.. Waterman has some serious competition for DE's top players.... just saying..

The defense Haley threw at Poly won the game. It took away Poly's size advantage. Made the Poly guards beat them on the outside. Did not happen. Poly never adjusted. Donte got any shot he wanted. Did not shot as well as the 2 previous games but good enough. Took over in the 4th. I don't care what 8Yaz says I have not seen a player that has the speed, handle, passing, jumping, size and shooting ability in one package in Delaware.

Where's Doghead and J12?
This post was edited on 3/14 3:22 PM by oldtimer22

Originally posted by ravensrooster2:
Poly fouling to get in bonus...
Just so everyone knows that Poly had to foul 4 times to get Sallies into the bonus and they were already in the double bonus. Foul count was 11 or 12 to 3 when they starting to have too foul.

Sounds like Sals used a zone to defend as I predicted. I told Doghead Poly would be in trouble. Oldtimer he & J12 are out for dinner eating Crow; it's a better choice than steak. LMAO!!!

Just got back from game. 10-10 regular season. Possibly, underdog in each playoff game. 2 freshmen on the floor a lot of the time.
EXTEND Haley's contract.

23 points 13 Rebs lead his team to 2nd state championship in a row like I said all year he's POY...case closed!!!

I said it on this board before the season started, and if the playoffs are factored into the decision, it's no contest.

if you listened to the post game interviews,, One kid no matter how good can't win alone... Haley spoke of a team meeting 4 weeks ago where they realized that fact and they were a fractured team .. After that meeting they came together and played their roles. This Sallies run was exceptional coaching as well as exceptional kids buying in and following the game plan

This post was edited on 3/14 5:26 PM by ravensrooster2

Anyone notice #33 for Sallies out there for most of the second half. He did not play much if at all in the games I watched this season. Kid seemed to be their 3rd ball handler. Played very well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT