ADVERTISEMENT

States

I have to agree to disagree here... my child started out being coached by an amazing teacher who plucked him from an elementary school and told him he should be a wrestler, Dicky Howell. Along the way he received some more schooling from Cory Frederick as a Tyrant. However, every summer he was coached by both Dicky and Kurt and learned much from both with Team DE. In MS he had the privilege to be coached by Damien Craighton in the Smyrna Little Wrestler Program and he passed down quite a bit of wrestling knowledge to him. His 1st year in HS was also Rigby's 1st year at CR. He has also learned much from him. This past summer he attended Hammers and Team DE down at Milford with Don Parsley and Benny Mitchell as well as attending some practices in Middletown with Cliff as well as ones in Dover with Aaron.

With ALL that said, yeah my kid has been around the State and probably has made a visit in more wrestling rooms than most. Every coach he has wrestled with has passed on something that has made him better on the mat. Neither I, my son nor my husband would say any time with any of these individuals was a waste. You take from a coach what you are willing to learn and personally I thank each and every one of them for being there for my son and making him the wrestler he is today.

@Primo-Fam

844-643-9070
Just going to leave that right for you. But I do have a question. Why is it on every thread you have to make a long comment and always make it about you and your kid. I dont rememeber anyone even bringing you up... The original topic of this post was about state predictions until someone got upset because someone else didnt pick their kid. Then it turned into a personal attack on that person's kid and his coach. You keep repeating yourself about where your son has been to train and who you know and blah blah blah.... All of that is irrelevant and nobody cares. I think you need to lay off the sauce a bit. You are forgetting how many time you repeat yourself.

@Primo-Fam

844-643-9070
Just going to leave that right for you. But I do have a question. Why is it on every thread you have to make a long comment and always make it about you and your kid. I dont rememeber anyone even bringing you up... The original topic of this post was about state predictions until someone got upset because someone else didnt pick their kid. Then it turned into a personal attack on that person's kid and his coach. You keep repeating yourself about where your son has been to train and who you know and blah blah blah.... All of that is irrelevant and nobody cares. I think you need to lay off the sauce a bit. You are forgetting how many time you repeat yourself.

Sorry if you don't want me to give kudos to the men that I believe have made a very strong impact in my son's life and who I greatly appreciate. The post was in response to individuals who said Parsley only inherited a team and Kurt is only successful because of his feeder program. Geez, you need to read a little better, it wasn't about me or my son... it was about some great coaches.

@Primo-Fam
Hahaha, make sure you call that number and talk to someone. You can pick almost any thread on here and you will find some long comment making it about you or how you have personal experience or personal knowledge or you name drop all the people and places to train. We get it, you guys have been around the state . Congrats! Hope that has served you well. I just think its funny how you pop up in every thread with an expert opinion...i hope to have as many friends as you do one day. But females tend to be caddy so I dont think that will ever happen.

@Primo-Fam
Hahaha, make sure you call that number and talk to someone. You can pick almost any thread on here and you will find some long comment making it about you or how you have personal experience or personal knowledge or you name drop all the people and places to train. We get it, you guys have been around the state . Congrats! Hope that has served you well. I just think its funny how you pop up in every thread with an expert opinion...i hope to have as many friends as you do one day. But females tend to be caddy so I dont think that will ever happen.

Jealous much? Don't know what that number is to and don't care to even bother to call it but obviously you are an expert in using it.... I'll just leave it at that.

@primo
Its a helpline...i left the number there incase you ever need it. Im just looking out for you because I care...
On another note looking back at what @1st said before he deleted and edited all of his comments. Which you cant hid the original once someone quotes them silly. I would have to agree and say you are a Smyrna person after seeing how you reacted over people giving their opinion and then to start saying how great Kurt is. I am not fully in the loop however there are some things i do know. I know the likes of Fleetwood and Carney were big Tyants wrestlers and they both credit Cory with their success not Kurt. Chase A., Baum, Wuest, the Nat boys and the other top Smyrna guys all train elsewhere in the off season. They have trained with the likes of Raw 241, Sheldon and Dolph just to name a few. What kid has Kurt taken from scratch and turned into an elite wrestler? And the unsung hero and the person that is keeping that program alive is Creighton. He is the one feeding kurt the fresh kids. Lets see if Kurt sticks around now that most of his elite guys have moved on. And he has also run Team DE into the ground. The numbers continued to decline at practices after Dickey left. I mean what kind of coach causes his wrestlers to miss their flight to fargo? I really hope some new younger guys step up and take over Team DE for these young kids that want to get better. Luckily mine has since moved on before this all fell apart. The arrogance on here recently from several smyrna people amazes me. But hey guess thats to be expected when people talk about the football fans being disrespectful to opponents, some of the wrestlers being very disrespectful and now basketball fans causing fights. That really says alot about the environment up at Smyrna. But Im sure there are logical explanations for each case where it was never Smyrnas fault....

Last edited:
We are several hours away from the opening rounds. I want to wish all wrestlers a safe and exciting tournament. At the end of tomorrows matches, dreams will be made for some and broken for others. To the victors, win with pride and honor. To the ones that fall short, its not the end of the world. Get back to work and keep moving forward. One tournament wont define you. Lets see how this thing unfolds, there is going to be some exciting matches and I for one am extremely excited! Good luck to all!!

Glad its back at Cape the Mrs and I will be coming down tomorrow and have a hotel room on the boardwalk , will try out a new restaurant thats supposed to be awesome The Blue Hen has anyone tried it? We will be heading over for the finals.. Making it a mini vaca.. cant wait

Glad its back at Cape the Mrs and I will be coming down tomorrow and have a hotel room on the boardwalk , will try out a new restaurant thats supposed to be awesome The Blue Hen has anyone tried it? We will be heading over for the finals.. Making it a mini vaca.. cant wait
I don’t know about Blue Hen but Agave in Lewes is awesome!

Reactions: ravensrooster2
try Confucius, its the best...across the street from the Henlopen Oyster House

You can go to the Blue Hen if you like good food and such. However, there is a Hooters very close. LOL, haven't been there but I have heard the food is good.

Rigby has done an amazing job everywhere he has been. Milford was down and out when he took over and he won two state titles with them. Parsley should thank him for the team he inherited! He got out for a reason and came back for a reason! And then Rigby had the balls to leave a state championship team to go back to where he came from and rebuild the CR team! And he did that and won this years title and I see a few more in CR's near future!!!!!

As for Jackson Dean not getting any better, stupid comment! This kid continues to get better and I believe he runs through the 38 pound bracket!

And while we are at it! CR grads are having a lot of success with coaching!!!!
There was only one other job in Delaware that Rigby wanted besides Milford and he got it.

@primo
Its a helpline...i left the number there incase you ever need it. Im just looking out for you because I care...
On another note looking back at what @1st said before he deleted and edited all of his comments. Which you cant hid the original once someone quotes them silly. I would have to agree and say you are a Smyrna person after seeing how you reacted over people giving their opinion and then to start saying how great Kurt is. I am not fully in the loop however there are some things i do know. I know the likes of Fleetwood and Carney were big Tyants wrestlers and they both credit Cory with their success not Kurt. Chase A., Baum, Wuest, the Nat boys and the other top Smyrna guys all train elsewhere in the off season. They have trained with the likes of Raw 241, Sheldon and Dolph just to name a few. What kid has Kurt taken from scratch and turned into an elite wrestler? And the unsung hero and the person that is keeping that program alive is Creighton. He is the one feeding kurt the fresh kids. Lets see if Kurt sticks around now that most of his elite guys have moved on. And he has also run Team DE into the ground. The numbers continued to decline at practices after Dickey left. I mean what kind of coach causes his wrestlers to miss their flight to fargo? I really hope some new younger guys step up and take over Team DE for these young kids that want to get better. Luckily mine has since moved on before this all fell apart. The arrogance on here recently from several smyrna people amazes me. But hey guess thats to be expected when people talk about the football fans being disrespectful to opponents, some of the wrestlers being very disrespectful and now basketball fans causing fights. That really says alot about the environment up at Smyrna. But Im sure there are logical explanations for each case where it was never Smyrnas fault....

I miss youjustme he or she was always a well spoken intelligent poster any reason why he is so quiet? If any one knows why just curious ?
Thanks 1st, c87 & sparty. I've been busier at work (now adminstrator, not just professor), but the real reason is that much of the time, I don't have good things to say. Larsen is concentrating on baseball and getting ready to play D II football at Assumption in Mass. I don't know if Masen will wrestle anymore, but he is good in baseball and will have two more years playing football and baseball. I posted regularly in the football forum. I haven't attend any wrestling matches this year, and have been out of the loop. I do read many of the post just for laughs but elect not to chime in most of the time. My boys have had a good run, and it's odd to not have one in the finals, let alone the tournament. With three state champs, I was hoping to have the baby win as well but his heart really isn't into wrestling, and as long as he keeps his promise to work hard on the other sports, I'll respect his wishes. If he slacks, all bets are off! Anyway, best wishes to everyone in the offseason.
Charlie

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT