Stats as of Monday April 24, 2017

oldskool42

In the weight room getting big
Apr 30, 2012
Best Pitching Record
6-0 Bradigan (Conrad) **19-1 HS Career
6-0 Velazquez (Dover)
4-0 Haas, Niblett, Love

Most Individual HomeRuns (9 is record in a season)
5 Serafin (DMA)
3 Elliott, Mow, Garey, Hitchcock

Most Team HR's
7 DMA
6 Cape
6 Sussex Tech

Most Runs Scored PER GAME
13.9 St Georges
10.1 Hodgson
9.7 Delmar
9.3 Glasgow

Fewest Runs Allowed Per Game
1.4 Conrad
2.2 St Marks
2.2 Delmar
2.3 Appo

Fewest Runs scored per game
0.3 Christiana
1.6 Dickinson
2.2 Concord

Most Runs ALLOWED per game
16.9 Dickinson
14.2 Christiana
13.7 McKean

Fewest Errors Committed Per game
0.7 Conrad
0.8 RLCA, Newark Charter, Dover

Most Errors Committed Per Game
5.2 Christiana
4.3 St Thomas More
4.2 McKean

Reactions: DESPORTSFANFROMPA
According to DEBCA - these two are the leaders with 9 per season.

MOST HOME RUNS
9 Steve Hardin Dickinson H.S. 1998
(minimum 6)
9 Dan Schafferman Dickinson H.S. 2008

8yaz...in my MY COUSIN VINNY - Mona Lisa Vito voice...ITS A FACT!

5 was the leader in 2016 (Garey, Gilbert)
6 in 2015 (Burton)
7 in 2014 (Disabatino)

So 5 this year half way through the season is actually a lot.

Reactions: DEJUICE
8yaz...in my MY COUSIN VINNY - Mona Lisa Vito voice...ITS A FACT!

5 was the leader in 2016 (Garey, Gilbert)
6 in 2015 (Burton)
7 in 2014 (Disabatino)

So 5 this year half way through the season is actually a lot.
Not a knock because you still have to square the ball up and drive it but DMA plays half their games on a little league field that's 300' down the lines with a 4' fence.

CHS89 Has it right, no way High School baseball is Apples to Apples - Oranges to Oranges. Look how many games are played at Frawley. You can put a few High School field inside that place because of how short they are..
Now that would be a stats on how many home runs were hit at Frawley in the Big Boy Field.

CHS89 Has it right, no way High School baseball is Apples to Apples - Oranges to Oranges. Look how many games are played at Frawley. You can put a few High School field inside that place because of how short they are..
Now that would be a stats on how many home runs were hit at Frawley in the Big Boy Field.
I've personally seen four. Drew Kisner from Newark. Not sure the year. Josh Maguire from Salesianum, and Joey Silan and Colin Adams from Caravel last year.

Not a knock because you still have to square the ball up and drive it but DMA plays half their games on a little league field that's 300' down the lines with a 4' fence.
The results page says that the leader hit 3 at Charter in the same game. Nice day. The last time I was there, the only fence was in LF and it ran parallel to the 1st base line. 310' down the line, but again, no one else hit one out that day.

Speaking of comparing stats...How can you compare the stats of a kid that plays Caravel or Cape's schedule with a kid that plays in Flight B with Christiana, Dickinson, Howard and McKean. I'm sure there will be several kids with over .500 averages there.

The results page says that the leader hit 3 at Charter in the same game. Nice day. The last time I was there, the only fence was in LF and it ran parallel to the 1st base line. 310' down the line, but again, no one else hit one out that day.
310' is still short and who knows if that's how far it is. Where were the other 4 hit? Middletown is 300' down the lines but the left field fence is 20' high.

CHS89

Stats are meaningless, but i track everything about high school baseball i can...for fun and discussion here.

But lets not discount the kids achievements by hyper analyzing the stats or where they were performed. A HR is a HR...it counts. Every kid that plays on the Charter field has the same chance of hitting a HR, but this kid did it three times in one game. Pretty darn impressive.

310' is still short and who knows if that's how far it is. Where were the other 4 hit? Middletown is 300' down the lines but the left field fence is 20' high.
He hit 3 in the same game at Charter. I don't know if they all went over the fence, but there aren't many HRs hit there that don't go over the fence. Google Earth is the source of the 310'. The other 2 HRs were at home games.

He hit 3 in the same game at Charter. I don't know if they all went over the fence, but there aren't many HRs hit there that don't go over the fence. Google Earth is the source of the 310'. The other 2 HRs were at home games.
Fair enough. Still a short fence unless its high. 3 home runs in a game anywhere is outstanding.

I don't think it matters honestly 300 ft or not the kid has 5 homeruns that's pretty impressive. I don't think you can knock the kids for who's in their conferences. I agree stats are way different if you look at each conference serperate. Henlopen North for most years is the best all around in my opinion.

Reactions: 84rider
I don't think it matters honestly 300 ft or not the kid has 5 homeruns that's pretty impressive. I don't think you can knock the kids for who's in their conferences. I agree stats are way different if you look at each conference serperate. Henlopen North for most years is the best all around in my opinion.
Of course it matters on what field you play. Not saying it's not impressive. And again I'm not knocking anyone. Just saying comparing stats is difficult based on schedule specifically. St. George's scored a total of 64 runs against Christiana, Dickinson and McKean for example. Appo plays half their games on a field bigger than the majority of major league teams. I think only 1 home run has ever been hit there. How many home runs would Ryan Steckline hit if he played half his games on a little league field?

Last edited:
Dude the kids don't decide what field they play on. There's been serval teams that have played on Charter's field none of them have hit as many homeruns as this young man. There's other teams that play on little league fields none of them have as many homeruns either. What do you mean you aren't knocking anyone? You've been bashing these kids stats the whole time saying the field is small, they play on a little league field, the fences are small you aren't knocking anyone cmon now.

Reactions: UpStateFanatic
There is teams that don't even hit 5 homeruns as a team. 5 for one player is impressive doesn't matter where he hits them at.

There is teams that don't even hit 5 homeruns as a team. 5 for one player is impressive doesn't matter where he hits them at.
English as a second language? You're not getting my point. It's very impressive. But it does matter where they were hit and who it was against as compared to other players.

Dude the kids don't decide what field they play on. There's been serval teams that have played on Charter's field none of them have hit as many homeruns as this young man. There's other teams that play on little league fields none of them have as many homeruns either. What do you mean you aren't knocking anyone? You've been bashing these kids stats the whole time saying the field is small, they play on a little league field, the fences are small you aren't knocking anyone cmon now.
Hey "Dude" relax. Never did I "bash" anyone. Just giving my thoughts. Isn't that what this board is for. At least is used to be. You're welcome to give your opinions as am I.

You're right everyone has an opinion but yours isn't much of an opinion. It's just hate towards the kid because he's hitting home runs at a little league park. Give me a break already if this kid was on Middletown's team and their games were played on a little league field there probably wouldn't be any problems with it.

Hopefullly this message is good enough for you to read @CHS89.
It's newbies like you that have ruined this board. What I said was "hate". Cry me a river and lighten up. I don't have a problem with it. I think the kid is a very good player and had a great game. My original comment was about the team's number of home runs and the field they play home games on. And to end my responses, if Middletown played home games at NNLL they would have at least double DMA's number.

Reactions: Bucsnot
In the past few years, I've been to about five DMA games at NNLL's SENIOR little league field. I've yet to see a homerun hit there.

Middletown has played there twice in the last three years and in both games hit home runs.

In the past few years, I've been to about five DMA games at NNLL's SENIOR little league field. I've yet to see a homerun hit there.
Seven home runs have been hit there in six games this year. Name another field with those numbers. It's a small "Senior" little league field. Over 1 home run per game. 1 home run in Appo's history. Get the point?

Just found another field with even better numbers. There have been 8 home runs at Sussex Tech in 3 games this year. Tied for second on this year's list...Sussex Tech. Another small field. See a trend here? Again I'm not knocking any player or team. I know they play where they play. But the field obviously matters which boosts numbers. Can we not agree on that?

Dude give it a rest. A homerun over the fence 300 ft or more is a hard hit ball regardless. The kid is going to good D2 school on a scholarship. He must be able to hit. SMH

Dude give it a rest. A homerun over the fence 300 ft or more is a hard hit ball regardless. The kid is going to good D2 school on a scholarship. He must be able to hit. SMH
Look at my first statement Dude. I've made my point. The kid is a great player. All I was ever trying to do was show a correlation between home runs and where they are hit. Not who hit them Dude.

Ok well you keep trying to defend your point about a small field but then say yeah its impressive. Pick a side, make your point and let it go.

No point in arguing with the guy honestly. He's mind is already made up the kid hits homeruns at a little league park so his stats shouldn't count now. Sussex Tech's field isn't that small either. What kind of field do you want them to play on?

No point in arguing with the guy honestly. He's mind is already made up the kid hits homeruns at a little league park so his stats shouldn't count now. Sussex Tech's field isn't that small either. What kind of field do you want them to play on?
I'll leave it alone because I debate with facts and figures and you guys get emotional over it. Never said the home runs shouldn't count. Balls do fly out of Sussex Tech. What you infer about what I say is your problem. Don't put words in my mouth. Come at me with facts to rebut what I've said and I'll consider changing my mind.

So your defending Middletown's field which is the same dimension down the line but its ok because they have a 20 ft fence? How about me hitting one 301 high enough in the air to clear the fence and lands directly behind it. Its that considered a real HR compared to Newark National. JS

CHS89, hummmm, after reading this thread and listening to what you are saying, I've got to agree with you to some degree....these guys, I believe understand also but as I've said before participation trophies and so fourth...any ball player knows certain fields have there advantages and disadvantages. Having a short porch used to drive me crazy especially when guys swung for the fences every time they got up lol and usually ended up hitting a pop fly or k'ing haha...believe it or not that could actually be the fields defenses haha

Last year, Milford went the entire season without hitting a HR and then hit 3 HR at Red Lion in the playoffs. No cheap HR at Milford 325 down the lines 380 to center with a high fence

So your defending Middletown's field which is the same dimension down the line but its ok because they have a 20 ft fence? How about me hitting one 301 high enough in the air to clear the fence and lands directly behind it. Its that considered a real HR compared to Newark National. JS
Tried letting it go and you pulled me back in. Common sense would tell you to hit the ball out of Middletown's 300' fence over a twenty foot fence would take at least a 330' shot I'm guessing. Again, putting words in my mouth. Never said they aren't "real" home runs. Let me spell it out for the last time so you can understand. Small fields equal more home runs. That's my whole point in a nutshell. Is that so hard for you to comprehend? You're just trolling at this point.

So there is no way to hit a 301 foot shot over Middletown's fence is what you are saying?

If the boundary fence is 300 but the fence is 20 ft high then you would have to hit the ball about 330 to hit it out of the park, must of skipped math class, not sure what you are getting at, if you hit the ball 301, it hits the fence, is this a serious question or are you sniffing glue, I'm confused or should I say you are confused.

Reread you question, a 301 shot, if hit hard and high enough would be a homerun but what you fail to see is that would still require a lot longer shot, think of the descent angle of the ball, to clear a 20 ft fence it would still longer than 301

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT