ADVERTISEMENT

Teams Practicing Since November!!!!!!

Feb 24, 2012
Does anyone else find it rather funny that the DIAA is neglecting to honor anonymous tips about teams that have been practicing in full pads and being coached during the off season kind of funny? A team in lower DE has been having organized practices in full pads since mid-November with their head and assistant coach both present. This is completely unfair and leaves all other teams with a disadvantage. The team already knows all their plays and has been able to practice them on a field since November. Also, during there indoor season the head coach was present and coached before, during (from the stands), and during halftime. While the game was underway the head coach was yelling out plays and the players knew exactly what to do. I'm extremely furious with DIAA and there lack to acknowledge this situation, and wonder what everybody else thinks of this?

I call nonsense.
1. Name the team.
2. DIAA would be all over this especially in the post Red Lion scandal
3. Every team already knows their plays excpet for the few kids who were not on their varsity team last year.

are you suprised? This is a school where a teacher/coach gave test answers to student/atheletes?? And still teaches let alone coaches. It was in teh paper years ago?? They feel they can use unapproved equipment such as balls. I apologize I should not lump all middletown coachs and teachers to the person I am referring to, as my understanding this person did some cheating before being at Middletown? What a disgrace.

Rumor has it lots of teams have been practicing for a while and the DIAA sent out a blanket e-mail to all AD's about practicing out of season.

Teams can hold practice out of season...they just can't be coached by anyone on the coaching staff. I believe people are seeing players holding their own practice and then they are getting reported as practicing out of season?

What's the official rule on offseason sessions? Did someone mention not being able to use lax balls? Not being coached by a staff member makes sense...just looking for details.

Pretty sure its just coaches cannot be present...I mean..you can't stop a group of kids from throwing around and working on their game?

I'm not about to go onto the DIAA web site and look it up..I'm not that dedicated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT