ADVERTISEMENT

The Rumble In Slower Delaware

pitt8179

Getting reps on JV
Nov 15, 2015
All this for a meaningless game!! It’s crazy a adult associated with Cape couldn’t take control of this before it got out of control!

Soi it’s the adults fault but not the young adults who should have been raised better? It shouldn’t be a supprise if you grow up being told your special and don’t have consequences for you actions or decisions then this is what you get. Kids don’t respect authority figures today anyway so what were they going to do to stop it. Throw people out or physically remove them and get sued?

Reactions: brooke11412
Soi it’s the adults fault but not the young adults who should have been raised better?

That’s a broad stroke, it’s not always bad parenting. Feeling a little judgmental tonight rr, I get it and conversing with you over years, I’m not surprised. It’s your opinion and you certainly entitled to it. No matter what the sport is, you are constant and I can respect that.your socioeconomic philosophy is yours to choose.

Soi it’s the adults fault but not the young adults who should have been raised better? It shouldn’t be a supprise if you grow up being told your special and don’t have consequences for you actions or decisions then this is what you get. Kids don’t respect authority figures today anyway so what were they going to do to stop it. Throw people out or physically remove them and get sued?
Saying kids weren’t raised right is a very thin line when you don’t know these kids, their parents or exactly what & why it took place. I’m pretty sure I know where you were going w/ that comment...typical.

I think the whole fans being able to sit directly behind the bench thing needs to be revisited. I doubt this would have happened if there were chairs sat out on the floor for the players at least a few feet away from the front row of fans...just not sure it was room in Milford’s gym to even allow that. The spectators are way too close to the players in that gym then you have opposing team’s spectators sitting right behind their bench...recipe for disaster.

Saying kids weren’t raised right is a very thin line when you don’t know these kids, their parents or exactly what & why it took place. I’m pretty sure I know where you were going w/ that comment...typical.
He has no clue at all...smh... Rickards life aint been easy at all... Its a reason he acts like he do.. Trust me...Alot of people always talk bad about Rickards attitude and how plays and including Cape fans too.. But nobody knows what that young man feeling inside his heart.. To me its pain.. Hope Cape get him some counseling and continue helping Rickards be a better person in life.. Its way bigger than a basketball...

He has no clue at all...smh... Rickards life aint been easy at all... Its a reason he acts like he do.. Trust me...Alot of people always talk bad about Rickards attitude and how plays and including Cape fans too.. But nobody knows what that young man feeling inside his heart.. To me its pain.. Hope Cape get him some counseling and continue helping Rickards be a better person in life.. Its way bigger than a basketball...
Couldn’t have said it better myself & I have worked w/ kids like that who have had them issues where they are dealt those bad hands. Absolutely NO EXCUSE for those types of actions & I would never condone what he did last night but from the outside looking in it is sad at times because some of those types of kids are screaming out for help w/ their actions & never get it. The idea of counseling would be a great start. I wish him well in the future not only in basketball but in life.

And what would that headline be?
The headline on this board would be comparing kids to the thugs in wilmington or relating this to the homicide rate. Especially if the people involved were brown. What everyone has to realize is sometimes in these heated events things like this happens. This happened in the sixties and seventies, nothing new except nowadays we having social media and make generalizations and group correlations in response to individual behaviors.

Reactions: _TK44
The headline on this board would be comparing kids to the thugs in wilmington or relating this to the homicide rate. Especially if the people involved were brown. What everyone has to realize is sometimes in these heated events things like this happens. This happened in the sixties and seventies, nothing new except nowadays we having social media and make generalizations and group correlations in response to individual behaviors.
They probably still are. You guys down south might have to start you games at 5:30 now too.....

They probably still are. You guys down south might have to start you games at 5:30 now too.....

only when they play schools from Wilmington, since the main instigator was from Wilmington, see how biased and stupid that sounds.....you seem to be a guy that revels in others short comings

Reactions: jvm3

only when they play schools from Wilmington, since the main instigator was from Wilmington, see how biased and stupid that sounds.....you seem to be a guy that revels in others short comings
Biased & not to mention not true. The main instigator was not from Wilmington...if you are referring to Tribbett he was not the main instigator. The kid never threw a punch while the altercation began even when Rickards was swinging on the other kids...not until Rickards swung at him. A lot of people are believing what they want to believe but I was there & have watched the entire video. You have to see it all to see what actually happened. What did Tribbett do wrong exactly? A punch was thrown at him so he started throwing punches back...understandable. He was thrown to the ground by the cops & told to stay down, he did that/complied & got kicked in the face then got up to defend himself once again & was handcuffed. People know the actual FACTS first.

Fans were warned twice #enoughsaid
As a coach/leader/mentor take your player/kid out of a bad situation it’s your job! #enoughsaid
If you debate something any right about you!
I have no problem at all with Rickards, he’s about to be my first invite To my allstar event

Per NewsJournal, 3 people are being arrested including a Cape basketball player. Sad, Coach should taken his team to the locker room if they were being harassed and refused to bring them back out until the threat was removed. When we were in school, our parents sat behind the players. Might be a good idea for Cape in the post season.

Lol... DIAA and Henlopen Conference agreed to regular policy. Is one game for fight and 5 days out of school by rules.. DIAA had no problem with it..
All within the rules. If they would have waited to suspend, there would have been a question as to the second round. My comment lends itself more to those that like to toss stones.

Rickards turned himself in yesterday. 1000.00 unsecured bail.. Which means the guardian parents can sign him out with no money.. Which means communitee service and counsel... If he was an adult.. It would be a fine and communitee service. People act like he going jail for a fight.. Smh..

Rickards turned himself in yesterday. 1000.00 unsecured bail.. Which means the guardian parents can sign him out with no money.. Which means communitee service and counsel... If he was an adult.. It would be a fine and communitee service. People act like he going jail for a fight.. Smh..
This matter should not be handled in the criminal justice system, I've seen worse resolved and handled by the schools. Kids get into fist fights all the time. No weapons used and a heat of the momment situation requires consequences but reasonable consequences. Furthermore this event was poorly planned putting kids to close to hostile fans. I would say suspending him from school for 5 days and remove him from team sends the message, especially with him being a senior. If he has not done anything like this in 4 years at cape, I would proceed on the side of caution by administering school discipline followed by counseling.

Lol... DIAA and Henlopen Conference agreed to regular policy. Is one game for fight and 5 days out of school by rules.. DIAA had no problem with it..
Rickards embarrassed the basketball program and the Cape Henlopen community. Also other players were on the floor and didn't appear to be peacemakers. I have lost all respect for the school principal, who should have made the decision to suspend Rickards indefinitely. The Cape head coach also seems unable to deal with situation. The basketball state championship is less important than discipline and personal conduct.

Reactions: jvm3 and pksundevil
Rickards embarrassed the basketball program and the Cape Henlopen community. Also other players were on the floor and didn't appear to be peacemakers. I have lost all respect for the school principal, who should have made the decision to suspend Rickards indefinitely. The Cape head coach also seems unable to deal with situation. The basketball state championship is less important than discipline and personal conduct.

we/ve moved on, get over it

poster.jpg

Reactions: Sharrone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT