ADVERTISEMENT

This might be an unpopular opinion but.......

Eighthplace

Mascot
Dec 4, 2016
It feels to me like Delaware wrestling is in rebuild mode. There are a few wrestlers that separate themselves from the pack, but it seems like many weight classes are either completely lopsided, or just extremely inexperienced. I’m curious as to others assessment of DE wrestling. This year seems like people are very disinterested, and judging by the turnout at the Milford Invitational, I think I’m right. What can we do better? What are we doing right?

Reactions: Takestime
I think that there is a natural cycle that happens in all sports. There seems to be more parity among teams instead of three or four teams having all the talent. There is an undercurrent of youth wrestling brewing that will bode well for DE wrestling in the next five to eight years. I'm not concerned about wrestling in the state overall. I do have concerns about better development of middle school wrestling up north, but that's a separate (but related) issue.

Reactions: spartakos
There are a lot of really good wrestlers and teams this year. I just wish the coaches would let the wrestle. SC coaches forfeit tonight was ridiculous. In basketball they dont hold out the star people come to watch. Just bad for sport

Was it a strategic move? Who did they not let wrestle who? Where did match start?

Was it a strategic move? Who did they not let wrestle who? Where did match start?
Started at 106. SC didn't send out jester against caruso .
Then Cape bumped Caruso to 138 and SC sent saffold to locker room instead of mat. Very strange. If coaches doesn't want kids to wrestle they should coach band....

Reactions: Dahammer23
There is a history there, Coach Miller made the correct decision.
I don't think coaches need to worry too much about what fans want if there are other factors. Sometimes Kurt would set up a Fleetwood vs Hight match for the fans when he could have easily avoided it, but sometimes a kid is banged up or it's best for strategy in the match. That being said, some schools are a lot more "strategic" than others! :)

Reactions: spartakos and wtc76
I hear you. But don't you think its bad for the sport to not have matches. I mean isn't it wrestling?

Right move with Saffold. Don't need any more punches thrown and $hit talking. Central didn't need to win that match and their young coach made a good decision.

Right move with Saffold. Don't need any more punches thrown and $hit talking. Central didn't need to win that match and their young coach made a good decision.
In my opinion you make sure the good kids get matches for the sake of the sport. If not saffold then jester or a jv kid. To not send anyone is not right.

If I’m Coach Miller I’m forfeiting to Caruso no matter what. For obvious reasons stated about the history.

In my opinion you make sure the good kids get matches for the sake of the sport. If not saffold then jester or a jv kid. To not send anyone is not right.

Heard that he couldn't even handle getting a forfeit with grace. There is never a reason to have anything whatsoever to say to the opponent's bench.

If I’m Coach Miller I’m forfeiting to Caruso no matter what. For obvious reasons stated about the history.
Ya, if I'm the coach I'm not letting my kid get bullied on the mat like that. It's just not good for his confidence.

Ya, if I'm the coach I'm not letting my kid get bullied on the mat like that. It's just not good for his confidence.
Man you are a wimp. Thank god youre not coaching. We would never have any matches. Geez

Not surprising. There are 2 kids at CH that most are going to be happy to see graduate and get the hell out of DE high school wrestling.
At least they went out to wrestle. Went to see two number 1 guys compete and SC coach too soft to send out.

Heard that he couldn't even handle getting a forfeit with grace. There is never a reason to have anything whatsoever to say to the opponent's bench.
He handled the forfiet fine. Central refused to shake hands and do intros. I love delaware wrestling, but come on man. Refuse intros, refuse pre match to shake hands and dont send out? In other states ive been people don't duck. Lets get it together

Reactions: Edp445
He handled the forfiet fine. Central refused to shake hands and do intros. I love delaware wrestling, but come on man. Refuse intros, refuse pre match to shake hands and dont send out? In other states ive been people don't duck. Lets get it together

So you think yelling at the opponents bench, then stomping off and having to be restrained by teammates before running into the wrestling room while daddy boos is handling the forfeit just fine? Must be an interesting set of standards in your house.

Central did not 'refuse' to do intros, Matti threw a little tantrum when the other team was not out there when he wanted them to be.

I did read somewhere that the final score was 40-23.

So you think yelling at the opponents bench, then stomping off and having to be restrained by teammates before running into the wrestling room while daddy boos is handling the forfeit just fine? Must be an interesting set of standards in your house.

Central did not 'refuse' to do intros, Matti threw a little tantrum when the other team was not out there when he wanted them to be.

That just didn't happen...

In my house we wrestle. Win lose or draw. You know why we wrestle? Because we are wrestlers lol. I guess its a different mind set. All this drama stuff is new to me. I must be a dying breed. I just assumed wrestlers wrestled still...

There has always been some drama between central and cape. The refusing to shake hands and come out for intros was done by cape a little ways back because some central guys were overweight and stretched weigh ins as long as they could and I got everybody pissed. I for one like a little drama, it makes the sport entertaining, but forfeiting to good wrestlers is absolutely nothing new. The objective is to win the dual and that’s it, and it sounds like the coach made the right decision with the meet clearly decided. Coaches don’t care what fans want. It could of Escaladed into a bench clearing ordeal and why risk that. It’s bigger than one KID being able to control his emotions.

A couple hundred people saw it happen.
Earlier you said you "heard" now you imply you were there? Sorry bud, you're not a credible witness . If your guy is gonna talk smack at least he should wrestle in the match not on snapchat

There has always been some drama between central and cape. The refusing to shake hands and come out for intros was done by cape a little ways back because some central guys were overweight and stretched weigh ins as long as they could and I got everybody pissed. I for one like a little drama, it makes the sport entertaining, but forfeiting to good wrestlers is absolutely nothing new. The objective is to win the dual and that’s it, and it sounds like the coach made the right decision with the meet clearly decided. Coaches don’t care what fans want. It could of Escaladed into a bench clearing ordeal and why risk that. It’s bigger than one KID being able to control his emotions.
The meet wasn't decided, it was the 4th match. The year the SC kid won beast he got a match against cape. Not sending out against studs is bush league

Earlier you said you "heard" now you imply you were there? Sorry bud, you're not a credible witness . If your guy is gonna talk smack at least he should wrestle in the match not on snapchat

How did I imply I was there? Central vs. Cape draws several hundred people, duh.

Care to follow-up your assertion that 'it didn't happen' with exactly which part didn't happen? None of it, some of it?

I did see on Track that the score was 40-23 - did that not happen as well?

How did I imply I was there? Central vs. Cape draws several hundred people, duh.

Care to follow-up your assertion that 'it didn't happen' with exactly which part didn't happen? None of it, some of it?

You said coach threw a tantrum kid stomped off and daddy booed. That didn't happen. If someone told you it did then they are gossipy little babies that cry and love drama. You know what is 100 % undeniable. SC didn't send a kid out at 132 and 138. I went to watch some number 1 kids wrestle. Feel free to send me my $5 refund

You said coach threw a tantrum kid stomped off and daddy booed. That didn't happen. If someone told you it did then they are gossipy little babies that cry and love drama. You know what is 100 % undeniable. SC didn't send a kid out at 132 and 138. I went to watch some number 1 kids wrestle. Feel free to send me my $5 refund
Who cares? If you don't like it, save your precious $5 and stay home.

The argument isn’t over whether sc didn’t defeat ch overall, we are talking about what a pansy you would have to be to not send out Staffold after all the smack he was talking. Let the kids settle it on the mat! Sad!

Reactions: Edp445
Who cares? If you don't like it, save your precious $5 and stay home.
People been bashing this kid for years on here. Let your kids take thier beatings on the mat like everyone else. If ltweightwatcher was still doing concessions at SC I'd take the $5 in credit for his great food.....

You didn't go to the match, stop going into detail about match as if you were there. Get off wrestling forums, go hit the gym, nerd.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT