ADVERTISEMENT

Tis the season! March 1st is here!

Diehardsportsfan

Tackles too high
Apr 4, 2017
With the brink of a new season upon us who are some candidates for Player Of The Year? And who are some newcomers and players flying under the radar that could make a splash this season?

Initial thoughts on POY candidates - Joe Silan (Caravel), Javon Fields (Appo)

Under the radar - CJ Deery (Hodgson), with Nowell coaching up his supporting staff

POY - Silan, Dunn , Elliott
under the rader - S Kelby, Jack Dubecq, CJ Deery, Aidan Riley, Matt Warrington, Joe Davis and Evan Harris all of them will put alot of innings in on the mound

when was the last time a pitcher only won POY ?? you need to do more then just pitch ! how well do the kids mentioned hit also a big factor on POY

Reactions: TouchThemAll
I think Tomovich and zegna belongs there before Erickson

Guess that’s why they still play the games ! But still hold to my post Erickson is the best , saw him do some things this summer that he was untouchable vs the TOP hitters in the country and made it look easy ! Silan is a great pitcher as well could easily also be POY , tomovich havent seem throw in a few years , and Zegna as well

Reactions: truthaboutsports
Erickson plays 3rd every game when not pitching, maybe Delaware needs a POY ( pitcher of the year )
Was just adding in that its not only pitching it also depends on how well kids hit . Every post was about how each kid pitched just adding in that hitting matters !

From what I heard on the travel ball circuit this summer, Erickson has a good chance of being drafted high enough to make him reconsider going to college. But I do agree, POY should be a kid that is a legit pitcher and hitter. Or just a kid that flat out dominates hitting/defensively without being a pitcher.

Reactions: truthaboutsports
Think you gotta throw Bryce Greenly into the mix as well. Headed to UVA with Gelof. Only concern is whether or not he gets anything to hit and has the patience to lay off. Has played CF last 3 years, but after graduating a large senior class, he could play SS as he did in limited situations last season. Also came in to pitch and close out some games last year. Does he become a SP? If not, the use as a closer could be very limited. Might as well lead him off or hit 2nd and get him the most at bats they can. A walk equals him standing on 3rd in a couple pitches

Reactions: urbaseballdaddy
Erickson by far best pitcher, confirmed by multiple scouts.
next best pitchers: Silan, Elliott, Holiday all close to or at 90mph, but less command than Erickson, however very good and lots potential for big year

Best Hitters: Thomas, St. E, Maguire , Sals, Greenly, Milford, Gelof , Cape H.

Others to watch for : Fields, Wooten, Willis, Dunn, Savage, DuBecq, Keister, Davis, Harris, Riley

2 way players with best chance for POY: Silan, Holiday, Greenly, Erickson, Elliott, Gelof . These six have best shot at POY due to pitching and can all hit. However, any of above have potential for huge offensive years. and am sure there are more sleepers out there as well

Reactions: urbaseballdaddy
Erickson by far best pitcher, confirmed by multiple scouts.
next best pitchers: Silan, Elliott, Holiday all close to or at 90mph, but less command than Erickson, however very good and lots potential for big year

Best Hitters: Thomas, St. E, Maguire , Sals, Greenly, Milford, Gelof , Cape H.

Others to watch for : Fields, Wooten, Willis, Dunn, Savage, DuBecq, Keister, Davis, Harris, Riley

2 way players with best chance for POY: Silan, Holiday, Greenly, Erickson, Elliott, Gelof . These six have best shot at POY due to pitching and can all hit. However, any of above have potential for huge offensive years. and am sure there are more sleepers out there as well
Willis (RL), Deery (HVT), Walls (MTown) also shouldn't get overlooked

The kids haven’t even hit the field yet and there are already predictions? There are some kids that shouldn’t be listed, might not even play, and some that are overrated. I wish all the kids a good year for some of them, this will be their final ride. Let the kids go out and have fun and enjoy themselves for one last time. Why put pressure on them this early, heaven sake they would get injured, just to live up to these make believe predictions.

The kids haven’t even hit the field yet and there are already predictions? There are some kids that shouldn’t be listed, might not even play, and some that are overrated. I wish all the kids a good year for some of them, this will be their final ride. Let the kids go out and have fun and enjoy themselves for one last time. Why put pressure on them this early, heaven sake they would get injured, just to live up to these make believe predictions.
You should stay on Facebook this is what this forums is for

Whose mom is this?

Reactions: sportsguy725
I’m not sure what you think this FORUM is for? But it is to discuss local sports and/or players at the high school level in DE. No different than any other forum,blog, or show, when the season starts you discuss your thoughts on what you foresee happening. Has absolutely nothing to do with putting pressure on the kids? If the kids are worried about what’s being said about them or their teams on DEpreps them they can’t be to focused on the upcoming season anyway. And not 1 person who commented under this post said anything negative about any kid. Go back to MySpace!

When do you think predictions happen? You can't make predictions after the season. Pre literally means before, so this is the only time of year you can make them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT