ADVERTISEMENT

Title Contenders

Fighter15

Mascot
Mar 6, 2011
As the season is kicking off, what teams do you think have a legitimate chance of winning the state championship and why? Im gonna start by stating the obvious two first ones that come to everyones mind, Sallies and Archmere. As much as I like hearing about Flight B teams that would get spanked by 15 goals by any "contender", lets hear about teams that have a good chance to win it.

Obvious? What about the two teams that have made the finals the past two years, Sallies and Tower Hill. Both teams have lost a couple All Americans, but both rosters are filled with very good players. Archemere is a good team, but they haven't proved they can get to the next level yet.

if we are talking state title, i think until some other team knocks them off any conversation starts and ends with cape, sallies, and tower hill.. no disrespect to other teams, just based on performance.

Alright well if you think tower hill is a contender lets hear why. Im not saying they aren't, im interested in hearing about the best players and play of top teams.

No thats fair, a good point. I believe their whole starting attack from last year's championship squad is back. I also remember them having a young stud d pole.

Sallies and Tower are the two strongest squads. Cape and Arch are definately a step below. Things certainly can change. TH has not even started yet and Arch has had 3 games already. Sallies has four Duke's kids and Tower three, all solid year round players.

It's pretty simple - Sallies and Tower Hill are the tops in DE until someone knocks them off. The nice thing in DE is the contenders get that chance - Tatnall, Cape, Friends, Archmere, and Caesar Rodney (all in the final 8 of the tournament last year) play both Sallies and TH in the regular season. The bigger test is the tourney - you will probably need to beat both of them at some point to take the title.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT