ADVERTISEMENT

Top 25

Wow not feeling this list at all! An Appo fan must of made this I'll take Jordan Allen over Cale any day of the week. Cale should be 5th Jordan money 3rd and Raheim Burnett 4th no way the Ingraham kid and Kent kid is over Burnett! Not yet. We kno The Ingraham kid (sals) will be great but he didn't do anything yet!

Appo's Kristian Alexander is way to high He even wouldn't make my list! Danny Walsh is way too Low and Javier Worthy is top 10

I'll give Curtis credit for putting a list out, but this is all over the place.

Instead of ranking by grade, it would interesting to go by position.

Here's a shot:

PG: Burnett, Rawls, Taylor
SG: Dixon, Allen, Money, Walsh, Parker, Matthews
SF: Woodlin, Johnson, Stansbury, Worthy
PF: Cropper, Davis,
C: Walsh, Kent, Cramer, Ingraham

Burnett & Allen should be higher if you ask me , surprised both kids from cape made and shocked the kid from Glasgow didn't considering they made playoffs and his numbers been high. Elias Revelle didn't play the whole season and he made list ???? How do they decide who makes the top 25 ??

Zach Kent has legit offers from St. Joseph's, Temple, Providence, Notre Dame, Tennesse, South Carolina and Oregon (and more)

So im pretty sure being top 5 in DE is accurate

Reactions: Doghead22
Don't know what hell make all state, but im sure whoever makes a higher team than him would trade places for his offers

LOL If you know Curtis he does these list to stir people up. He will change his mind next week. So once and for all stop taking the brother so seriously just a nice old guy having fun with ranking. Now Is this the BEST 25 players in the state? What is it based off of? Potential, Performance? and P.S for @Lomcfly Zach Kent is not off of hype I sat with the coach of Oregon the other day at his game and I'm sure he would strongly disagree with you.

If I'm starting a NCAA d1 college team today and had to pick 10 kids off this list or the state who would I take in order: 1. Ingraham, 2. Zack Kent, 3. Myles Cale 4. Mickey Dixon, 5. J yare Davis, 6. Terrance Woodlin 7. Jordan Allen 8. Jacob Walsh 9. Kyson Rawls 10. Cramer. If I had to rank them the order would be different, but I think he is looking at it from this angle. Let's examine things from this perspective and list your team of ten. Curious to see everyone's picks.

Last edited:
Does Devon Earl belong on this list somewhere?
Depends , are we going off offers or numbers and wins because before the kid came to Glasgow they were 3-17 , he is average 17.2 and there in playoffs . Seen some kids on that list that that haven't really did anything this year . Maybe it's just me or the rankings are just based off the aau team you play for but the kid deserves something

dnell stated it clearly... Best Prospect vs Best Performance. During summer circuit AAU and Showcase camps; evaluators tend to always select MVP of camp/tournament and then Best Prospect. From what I have seen over the years is the the MVP usually 6'0"-6'3" literally killed the camp with a 40 pts games and crazy dunks and had crowd going bananas, Best Prospect was usually 6'7"- 6'10" do it all, shoot three's, block double digit shots per game and maybe had a few 10+ assist games (Best college prospect).

Example same showcase camp a few years ago.
MVP: Aquille Carr
Best: Prospect: Andrew Wiggins

Even further back
MVP: Brandon Jennings
Best Prospect: Kevin Love

If I'm starting a NCAA d1 college team today and had to pick 10 kids off this list who would I take in order: 1. Ingraham, 2. Zack Kent, 3. Myles Cale 4. Mickey Dixon, 5. J yare Davis, 6. Terrance Woodlin 7. Jordan Allen 8. Jacob Walsh 9. Kyson Rawls 10. Cramer. If I had to rank them the order would be different, but I think he is looking at it from this angle. Let's examine things from this perspective and list your team of ten. Curious to see everyone's picks.
Center: Ingraham (Even thought he is VERY young and VERY raw he's still the best center we have in Delaware) Power forward:Zach Kent(No big man is more skilled) ,Small forward: Myles Cale (As his handle and escape moves are still developing) 2 guard:Mikey Dixon( Undersized but still deadly) and my point guard :Kyson Rawls(Not flashy but steady, good frame, heady, and can knock down a jumper)

Center: Ingraham (Even thought he is VERY young and VERY raw he's still the best center we have in Delaware) Power forward:Zach Kent(No big man is more skilled) ,Small forward: Myles Cale (As his handle and escape moves are still developing) 2 guard:Mikey Dixon( Undersized but still deadly) and my point guard :Kyson Rawls(Not flashy but steady, good frame, heady, and can knock down a jumper)
You choosing Kyson Rawls as a better point guard then Raheim Burnett ?

If I'm starting a NCAA d1 college team today and had to pick 10 kids off this list or the state who would I take in order: 1. Ingraham, 2. Zack Kent, 3. Myles Cale 4. Mickey Dixon, 5. J yare Davis, 6. Terrance Woodlin 7. Jordan Allen 8. Jacob Walsh 9. Kyson Rawls 10. Cramer. If I had to rank them the order would be different, but I think he is looking at it from this angle. Let's examine things from this perspective and list your team of ten. Curious to see everyone's picks.
I need 12 lol add Jordan Money and Ian Robertson

Yes.....Your not understanding he is just as good as he is now and he still has another spring/summer and high school season to add to it
Burnett to me is a real point guard if you watch him play , I've watched Rawls play and don't get me wrong the kid is good and he is the point guard for at George's but watching him play he looks like all he wants to do is score , nothing wrong with that but if we are talking about "point guards" I'm going with Burnett . He gets his team involve first before scoring and they still win

Reactions: Lomcfly
Ok i see you guys are basing this off of potential! Because what else would you be basing this off. Zach Kent's numbers don't say top 5, his team is 9-9 not 1 quality win been blown away about 6 times this season... So how much better does he make them?

You can't go wrong with Rawls or Burnett but I do like Rawls and the way he controls the game. Money needs to play more defense before I start to mention him as a top 5 player. My starting 5 would be Burnett, Rawls, Allen, Cale, and Dixon. Five guard offense and let them run!!!

Ok i see you guys are basing this off of potential! Because what else would you be basing this off. Zach Kent's numbers don't say top 5, his team is 9-9 not 1 quality win been blown away about 6 times this season... So how much better does he make them?
Have you ever seen St Andrews? Once you do you'll see why they're only 9-9, without him they'd be 0-18

If You lose to that "Newark" team i seen play last week by 22pts then it ain't worth the trip down to St. Andrews... Let's just agree to disagree

Burnett to me is a real point guard if you watch him play , I've watched Rawls play and don't get me wrong the kid is good and he is the point guard for at George's but watching him play he looks like all he wants to do is score , nothing wrong with that but if we are talking about "point guards" I'm going with Burnett . He gets his team involve first before scoring and they still win
If You lose to that "Newark" team i seen play last week by 22pts then it ain't worth the trip down to St. Andrews... Let's just agree to disagree
Again sir i think Oregon,Temple,South Carolina,Tennessee,Notre Dame,Providence, and Dayton would all disagree with you. St Andrews is one of the most academically tough institutions in america to get into so your not gonna have a lot of "Ball players" there vs Newark who no matter how bad you say they are are still gonna get tough inner city kid that play hard. He is a big man he doesn't break presses and get the ball to himself.......

I think you all are miss interpreting what I'm saying! @dnell im not saying he isn't any good he's being recruited because 6'10" with some skill you can't teach height. I'm saying he's not top 5 player in the state I'll take the freshman Ingraham from sals over him right now! If you Just say you all are basing this off of potential then you all are all right I agree. @dnell jus a few years ago Ben Bentil and Austin Tilghman were there and they were a title contender don't make excuses I know what kind of school St Andrews is. That Newark team terrible they beat st Andrews 68-24 Cmon man smh

You can't go wrong with Rawls or Burnett but I do like Rawls and the way he controls the game. Money needs to play more defense before I start to mention him as a top 5 player. My starting 5 would be Burnett, Rawls, Allen, Cale, and Dixon. Five guard offense and let them run!!!

Truestatement1, respect your optimism but U would get destroyed on the boards, manhandled on the inside with low post scoring, dunks, offensive put backs & assasinated by the other teams gaurds playing with talented bigs for a 50 point loss. College not delaware high school bball, your lineup vs Michigan state, villanova, temple or maryland how does that work.

@Lomcfly Your miss interpreting what your saying! LOL Saying someone is only getting recruited because of their height is saying they are not good! How are you not one of the top 5 players in the state and you have more offers than a few teams combined?! Help me out with that one sir........Also again the kid from Sallies while big is still VERY raw and has a long way to go.He doesn't have a real skill set yet but he's young and he will be just fine.College coaches are recruiting Zach as a pick an pop guy because he has a knock down jump shot. And as for your Ben and Austin comparison thats hilarious!! Are you talking about the same Austin thats playing for Monmouth right now? They also had a knock down shooter from Texas who is also playing college ball now and a freak athlete at the other guard that used to catch dunks off the rim!! Those things sir are NOT at St Andrews now not even close. Lets talk facts.......

Curious what is Zack Kent averaging points, rebs, blocks etc vs the young sallies freshmen kids stats. Does anyone have the numbers? We can end this with a stat comparison and vote. Lastly if u had to choose 1 of the 2 bigs as a program big which one u taking? Let's vote.

Let's talk facts! You have No facts to back up that height and potential are not just the reasons he's being recruited. His numbers don't says it he's not dominating games. This is still a kid so I'm not tryna bash him but if you are 6'10" in DELAWARE not averaging 20 and 10... Let's just Agee to disagree. Ingraham is a freshman by the time he's a Jr. He'll be there.

Reactions: 247365GRIND
Truestatement1, respect your optimism but U would get destroyed on the boards, manhandled on the inside with low post scoring, dunks, offensive put backs & assasinated by the other teams gaurds playing with talented bigs for a 50 point loss. College not delaware high school bball, your lineup vs Michigan state, villanova, temple or maryland how does that work.

We are talking about the top players in delaware. Not a projected ncaa starting lineup. If I had to make a college team I would obviously have at least two big men in my 5 (Walsh/Ingraham). But in delaware that team is the best overall players this year in my eyes regardless of position. Thank you

St Andrews is in no way no how even close to one of the tougher schools to get into in the country.. Thats was a ridiculous statement..

We are talking about the top players in delaware. Not a projected ncaa starting lineup. If I had to make a college team I would obviously have at least two big men in my 5 (Walsh/Ingraham). But in delaware that team is the best overall players this year in my eyes regardless of position. Thank you

The best overall players are the ones who will be going to college for free, so far I see Dixon, Allen, Rawls, Kent, Ingraham, Cale, Davis, j. Walsh in that category. In capitalism if u that good or valuable someone will pay for your services. If no one paying your skillset, potential ain't that valueble in sports. Delaware high school glory ain't worth crap. So I posed the question above about how u would rate players based on college value since it is the goal of most competitive ballers, their families, to get a bball scholarship for for college. We must remember Watkins is part of rivals and makes projections based on that value. Saying this I respect the fact that as far as in state goes the performances of many kids not on this list or ranked lower has been outsanding and deserve recognition but 5' 10 gaurds are a dime a dozen in term of scholarship value. From a real world perspective, the best prospect will win in the ranking and recruiting game.

Last edited:
The best overall players are the ones who will be going to college for free, so far I see Dixon, Allen, Rawls, Kent, Ingraham, Cale, Davis, j. Walsh in that category. In capitalism if u that good or valuable someone will pay for your services. If no one paying your skillset, potential ain't that valueble in sports. Delaware high school glory ain't worth crap. So I posed the question above about how u would rate players based on college value since it is the goal of most competitive ballers, their families, to get a bball scholarship for for college. We must remember Watkins is part of rivals and makes projections based on that value. Saying this I respect the fact that as far as in state goes the performances of many kids not on this list or ranked lower has been outsanding and deserve recognition but 5' 10 gaurds are a dime a dozen in term of scholarship value. From a real world perspective, the best prospect will win in the ranking and recruiting game.
Sadly sir what your saying sounds too much like right but people on this board let their emotions get in the way instead of looking at cold hard facts but it doesn't matter in the end it will all come out in the wash........

@delawaresportsjunkie I'm somewhat agree with what your saying but every kids situation is different this looks to be aimed at Raheim Burnett he's the only player on this list who's 5'10 5'11" who's post high school info hasn't been publicized. He's been recruited by several mid major D1 programs lets jus say he has to do a prep school/juco first! But that doesn't take away from what he's done he's turned that program around If Lamar hammrick was eligible he would be top 3 on this list easy! every kids situation is different. its not a race it's a marathon some kids take different routes to get get it done!

Lomcfly, I see your point & agree. I've been posting certain things about recruiting and NCAA Clearinghouse & I hope that adults get the message and help better prepare kids. College Coaches all ask that key question when they see talented kids, "what the academics look like", and if the answer is a bad academics report, unless u a super elite talent they move on immediately with maybe a promise to check back later. Its just so much easier to have the answer "this kid is a good student athlete" and get that deal closed 1st round. There are just too many talented kids taking the longer more difficult path & I always wonder are we all doing enough to guide kids as coaches & parents. Most college coaches will give more focus to a 3 star kid with grades than a 4 star recruit with uncertainty. That prep school barrel is loaded with more talented kids than delaware could imagine, some as old as 20-21 and the battle is real for minutes and opportunities. I hope it all comes to a positive end and they get to achieve their dreams but as you know without academics talent is irrelevant and all this stuff we talking is a waste.

@Lomcfly, If it's not worth the trip down to St Andrews to see the kid play then you really can't speak on his ability since you've never seen him play!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT