1. St. Thomas Moore - 2.52
2. Mount Pleasant - 2.5
3. Sallies - 2.4
4. Smryna - 2.35 ( tiebreaker over WB)
5. Woodbridge - 2.35 ( tiebreaker over Newark
6. Newark - 2.35
7. Hodgson - 2.2
8. St. Georges - 2.15

And if this is accurate then give or take a point then it is possible 4-6 could swap a little leaving Smyrna outside of the top 4. Factor in that one of these teams will probably have to see Sanford in the 2nd round & that creates some very interesting early matchups.

Reactions: 84rider
I was thinking I saw more points for Woodbridge placing them above the other 2.

I was thinking I saw more points for Woodbridge placing them above the other 2.
No changes in top 6.. Ma
And if this is accurate then give or take a point then it is possible 4-6 could swap a little leaving Smyrna outside of the top 4. Factor in that one of these teams will probably have to see Sanford in the 2nd round & that creates some very interesting early matchups.
Iam almost done.. Sanford at 16 17..

No... C.R lost hurt them.. Would been in top 4... Smryna Beat C.R...

Woodbridge still received 1 point for that loss to CR so it did not hurt them much & they received 2 points for their only other loss to St. George's. Not to mention they loaded up on points beating Milford, Indian River & Laurel all twice each & they were all above .500. The Henlopen North having a down year with the only teams above .500 outside of Smyrna being CR & Cape hurt Smyrna in terms of points this year. Then Smyrna received a goose egg for their loss to Bishop McNamara at Slam Dunk To The Beach, who is 5-20. Woodbridge definitely has more points than Smyrna & is up around #3 seed at worst from what I am looking at w/ only St. Thomas More & Mt. Pleasant possibly ahead of them. Just as I said earlier I see Smyrna outside of that top 4 sitting around #6 right now via the point system.

Last edited:
Woodbridge still received 1 point for that loss to CR so it did not hurt them much & they received 2 points for their only other loss to St. George's. Not to mention they loaded up on points beating Milford, Indian River & Laurel all twice each & they were all above .500. The Henlopen North having a down year with the only teams above .500 outside of Smyrna being CR & Cape hurt Smyrna in terms of points this year. Then Smyrna received a goose egg for their loss to Bishop McNamara at Slam Dunk To The Beach, who is 5-20. Woodbridge definitely has more points than Smyrna & is up around #3 seed at worst from what I am looking at w/ only St. Thomas More & Mt. Pleasant possibly ahead of them. Just as I said earlier I see Smyrna outside of that top 4 sitting around #6 right now via the point system.
Correct forgot to add Washington HS..in MD .. The will be 3 seed 2.45.. Smryna 5 seed..

Imo I applaud and respect Woodbridge and Newark for making top 8 seeds because nobody ever mentioned them at the beginning of the season being top 5 or top 10 teams. Heard about all the other teams and top players.

Imo I applaud and respect Woodbridge and Newark for making top 8 seeds because nobody ever mentioned them at the beginning of the season being top 5 or top 10 teams. Heard about all the other teams and top players.

Woodbridge & CR were the 2 teams that I mentioned in threads as my sleepers preseason & they should have teams' attention now. I saw Newark in a scrimmage vs CR & they had a few guards that could go then.

Any chance you are going to post the last 16 teams? Thanks for the work.

Can somebody tell where u can see "the point system" I'd like to read how points are given officially

If you Google "DIAA basketball tournament point index," it should take you a pdf with all that info. It's 2 points for a win, a point for playing a team with a win percentage of .501 or better and 2 points for playing a team with a win percentage of .701 or better.

Reactions: hoopsdownstate
If you Google "DIAA basketball tournament point index," it should take you a pdf with all that info. It's 2 points for a win, a point for playing a team with a win percentage of .501 or better and 2 points for playing a team with a win percentage of .701 or better.
Correct..

Forgot to add - Divide by the number of games scheduled (not played) to get the index.

Divide by number of games "scheduled"? I'm pretty sure it is games "played" unless you have a forfeit. Smyrna has AI scheduled but it has now been cancelled but they cannot be punished because of that. You will now divide their point total by 19 (not 20).

Divide by number of games "scheduled"? I'm pretty sure it is games "played" unless you have a forfeit. Smyrna has AI scheduled but it has now been cancelled but they cannot be punished because of that. You will now divide their point total by 19 (not 20).

"All teams’ schedules are locked in as of January 1, 2017. If a team has 18 games scheduled as of January 1, 2017, the team index and team percentage will be determined by 18 games."

I would think that Smyrna would get a forfeit and the corresponding points if the game was cancelled by AI.

Correct I believe it counts as a win for Smyna. Same thing happened in baseball last year with Christiana forfeiting every game almost it counts as a win.

I have a hard time respecting woodbridge due to their strength of schedule and yes you play who is in your conference but you do have some control in your out of conference games. Where is the test? The real challenge for their team. I just don't know if they are test to really see what kind of team they are.

I have a hard time respecting woodbridge due to their strength of schedule and yes you play who is in your conference but you do have some control in your out of conference games. Where is the test? The real challenge for their team. I just don't know if they are test to really see what kind of team they are.
Shut the ...f up test who is the test. Wb gets the whistle all game. Don't come on here with your bs... I like maybe 2 other teams in whole state. Wb has two of he best players in De... iiT crazy when your state has nothing barely . De gets good players but clowns that haven't been nothing to any game opens there mouths up and makes players. I wouldn't inform this board on no kid progression cause you guys be all bs. I'm like his if your good so be it. Everyone in the world knows smaller schools smaller chances. Clowns man

Shut the ...f up test who is the test. Wb gets the whistle all game. Don't come on here with your bs... I like maybe 2 other teams in whole state. Wb has two of he best players in De... iiT crazy when your state has nothing barely . De gets good players but clowns that haven't been nothing to any game opens there mouths up and makes players. I wouldn't inform this board on no kid progression cause you guys be all bs. I'm like his if your good so be it. Everyone in the world knows smaller schools smaller chances. Clowns man
Lol.. Why so serious .. Smh... They will get 3rd seed.. They in good shape getting the Bob.. I will say this.. I think this year is there only chance... The younger Corbin should think about leaving and going back to Cape... Beacause thats this only shot of getting a chip next year. Period...

Lol.. Why so serious .. Smh... They will get 3rd seed.. They in good shape getting the Bob.. I will say this.. I think this year is there only chance... The younger Corbin should think about leaving and going back to Cape... Beacause thats this only shot of getting a chip next year. Period...

You can't leave a Team that you've been a leader on in high school. Richards ,Robertson ,should have came to us. Barnes should of been there also!!!! Lets see Wht this season brings and then work at being greater next season. Anyway they have to 6"6 kids 6"3 that play all year long tough competition . There is no way you lose so much there pretty much biggest team in De. My fault on earlier words I left on board.

You can't leave a Team that you've been a leader on in high school. Richards ,Robertson ,should have came to us. Barnes should of been there also!!!! Lets see Wht this season brings and then work at being greater next season. Anyway they have to 6"6 kids 6"3 that play all year long tough competition . There is no way you lose so much there pretty much biggest team in De. My fault on earlier words I left on board.
Should of came to WB.. Lol

The games from Slam Dunk don't count. I don't believe any holiday tourney games count for the state tourney points.

So I take it either you play or you boys play on the team. So sensitive lol that's actually pretty hilarious to me. They've played literally no team that is really a quality team other than a well coached CR team in which they lost to...sooooooo...my previous statement still stands lol

So I take it either you play or you boys play on the team. So sensitive lol that's actually pretty hilarious to me. They've played literally no team that is really a quality team other than a well coached CR team in which they lost to...sooooooo...my previous statement still stands lol

They loss to St. George's by 1 @ St. George's in the closing seconds & just beat Glasgow quality opponent. They have scheduled cupcakes out of conference in the past like the Christian schools down south & in MD but this year scheduling CR, St. George's & Glasgow was good out of conference scheduling which helped them prepare for tournament & point-wise.

They loss to St. George's by 1 @ St. George's in the closing seconds & just beat Glasgow quality opponent. They have scheduled cupcakes out of conference in the past like the Christian schools down south & in MD but this year scheduling CR, St. George's & Glasgow was good out of conference scheduling which helped them prepare for tournament & point-wise.

Glasgow is ok...not a team ppl look at that could possibly have a chance at going far in the tournament. CR wasn't actually even decent in the beginning of the year but that's just my opinion. St. Georges is a team I haven't seen play but I thought this was a down year for them as well. I don't see the harm in playing tougher opponents at the end of the day especially when everyone pretty much makes it into the tournament these days lol

Glasgow is ok...not a team ppl look at that could possibly have a chance at going far in the tournament. CR wasn't actually even decent in the beginning of the year but that's just my opinion. St. Georges is a team I haven't seen play but I thought this was a down year for them as well. I don't see the harm in playing tougher opponents at the end of the day especially when everyone pretty much makes it into the tournament these days lol

Woodbridge played CR midseason when CR was 7-3 on the rise. Down year for St. George's???...they have the best backcourt in the state by a long shot, returned a First Team All Stater (POY candidate this year) in Kyson Rawls from a team that went to the chip last year & are 15-4 this year. They are legit.

Woodbridge played CR midseason when CR was 7-3 on the rise. Down year for St. George's???...they have the best backcourt in the state by a long shot, returned a First Team All Stater (POY candidate this year) in Kyson Rawls from a team that went to the chip last year & are 15-4 this year. They are legit.
Best backcourt in the state ?? I get your a Woodbridge fan trying to talk them up but that's crazy Newark backcourt is stacked along with Glasgow and a couple other teams so for you to say that makes no sense you'll see how great a backcourt they have when they get knocked out 2nd round

Best backcourt in the state ?? I get your a Woodbridge fan trying to talk them up but that's crazy Newark backcourt is stacked along with Glasgow and a couple other teams so for you to say that makes no sense you'll see how great a backcourt they have when they get knocked out 2nd round
He's talking about st George has the best back court

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT