ADVERTISEMENT

Top teams by conference

Mind4thegame

Mascot
Dec 31, 2015
I am new to Delaware and therefore I don't know all the teams in the state.
Can someone do a ranking of all the teams per conference? I know it will just be your opinion but I am interested in learning more about the teams in delaware.
Thanks

My Top Ten

1. St. Georges
2. Sanford
3. Mt. Pleasant
4. Smyrna
5. William Penn
6. Appo
7. Dover
8. Salesianum
9. St. Elizabeth
10. Newark

I haven't seen all the teams in conference play yet but have seen many of the pieces in various other games. I like your list other than I believe Sallies will continue to rise and may need to be higher already. Is Sanford second with a healthy Walsh or does this consider his injury?

Jvm3, Sanford is such a tough team but with Mikey having to put up such huge numbers for them to win and the second best talent on the team being a very talented 8th grader in Davis I think St. Georges with an eligible Lamar and deep cast with balanced scoring is the number 1 team.

Got it. Not quibbling. Just trying to understand. What about Sallies? Have you seen progress from them as the Frosh get some more time?

Sallies is going to be a problem once they bond as a unit, the seniors accepts roles, and the coach accepts the fact that their current point guard is not a point guard. Haley as a coach is dangerous in March especially with that talent, I think eventually he is going to let Ali run the show even as a freshmen. When the combination of Ali, Guthrie, Ingraham, Trerotola, Whittlesey and/or Brown and alderman are on the floor at the same time they are a dangerous team. Ingraham & Whittlesey are beast on the inside and almost impossible to stop. The catalyst to all this working in my opinion is Trerotola. He is that kid that does it all and from a productivity standpoint is invaluable. When they try to play Kempski at point and Campbell in any capacity other than a back up role player then they have problems. Kempski's is a great spot up shooter but any threat of him going to the hole is non existent therefore people don't take him serious and put extra pressure on the ball. Basically he doesn't make anyone better in that position by drawing defenders with dribble penetration, making layups or distributing the rock to the bigs keeping the defense honest. In time I think the coach will also conclude that he has enough talent where he doesn't have to overly rely so much on systems offenses to score. Campbell is a good player but he plays a selfish one dimensional game with blinders on. If that kid cared to create for others he would be a problem. In the end, they have a great coaching staff and as it gets closer to March I see them as the number 3 team on my list.

Last edited:
1.Mount
2.Sanford
3.St Georges
4.Dover
5.St Elizabeth
6.Smyrna
7.William Penn
8.Appo
9.Salesianum
10.Glasgow

Reasons for my list:

1.I give mount the slightest edge over Sanford for 2 reasons depth and defense. Not only are they talented but Mount is the best defensive team I've seen so far in the state they held a high scoring St Ez team who averaged 72 ppg who also put up 91 pts twice to 42pts. Mount can win a game on a bad shooting night. I would love to see them matchup with Sanford hopefully we see it in the tournament

2.St George's doesn't play any team on your list but Appo and Dover I think that will hurt them in March... I heard From a good source Mount asked to play them this year and they refused. I do think they are a very talented team.

3.Dover is a really good team I think they were to low on your list @delawaresportsjunkie they have no bad losses they lost to all quality teams (top 25 nationally ranked Neuman Goretti, Friendship collegiate, St George's, and Sanford)

4.St Ez can light it up they can beat any team on any given night I doubt they'll see another defense like Mounts

5.Appo's coaching is suspect can't see them winning the state championship for that reason although I love Cale's game

6.Newark is a pretender they open conference play last Tuesday after scheduling a bunch of cupcakes and lost to a mediocre Middletown team put up a lowsy 38pts

7.Glasgow is sleeper team look forward to them having a very good season They are going to upset a few teams on this list.

NO WORDS NECESSARY!!!

Mrbasketball44, welcome to this blog. It must get lonely hyping Champ and UD ball all day in the other blog but u have to understand while we admire champ for all his accomplishments Delaware High School Basketball is so much more exciting than UD. Mikey Dixon's 39 point performances are so much more exciting. The trill and challenges of guessing who will win State is so exciting. To us u like that Mexican at the red light selling roses, we're not being mean when we ignore u, just not interested in what u selling. I welcome your basketball knowledge, please educate us or if u don't have anything to offer UD is now 5-8 and on a 5 game losing streak, u got a lot cheering to do in the other blog.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dropping 3's
Mrbasketball44, welcome to this blog. It must get lonely hyping Champ and UD ball all day in the other blog but u have to understand while we admire champ for all his accomplishments Delaware High School Basketball is so much more exciting than UD. Mikey Dixon's 39 point performances are so much more exciting. The trill and challenges of guessing who will win State is so exciting. To us u like that Mexican at the red light selling roses, we're not being mean when we ignore u, just not interested in what u selling. I welcome your basketball knowledge, please educate us or if u don't have anything to offer UD is now 5-8 and on a 5 game losing streak, u got a lot cheering to do in the other blog.
Good one. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT