ADVERTISEMENT

Tournament mess

DoItWrite

moving up to Varsity
Mar 8, 2016
First, thanks to the University of Delaware for waiting just long enough to tell the DIAA they wouldn't be able to have any spectators. If they had made that known on Tuesday, DIAA could have spent today finding a location.

Now, according to Delaware Online, the boys semis are going to be Thursday night, as are the girls' games. How is this fair to Sanford in particular, where you are forcing your students to choose either the boys or the girls? And now, not only were the quarterfinals all played at the same time, it appears the semis will be as well.

**** UD.

And now Sanford not only has both games on the same night, but the girls are playing Cape at... Cape. This is ridiculous.

Conrad has a quite small gym. This would have been better being played at Dickinson, which is in the same school district.

The lack of an announcement thus far from DIAA leads me to believe that some of the concerns that have been raised are being considered by the schools (i.e., home games, gym size, etc.).

First, thanks to the University of Delaware for waiting just long enough to tell the DIAA they wouldn't be able to have any spectators. If they had made that known on Tuesday, DIAA could have spent today finding a location.

Now, according to Delaware Online, the boys semis are going to be Thursday night, as are the girls' games. How is this fair to Sanford in particular, where you are forcing your students to choose either the boys or the girls? And now, not only were the quarterfinals all played at the same time, it appears the semis will be as well.

**** UD.
DIAA was told last week.. It might could happen...DIAA knew all states around Delaware had cases of the virus.. Don't blame UD.. They made right decision.. DIAA just didn't have a back up plan.. What that tells me.. They don't take basketball that serious..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT