ADVERTISEMENT

tournament pairings

Feel bad for SC, 10-8 and they get left out, shocked DMA got in at 9-9, it is what it is, congrats and good luck to the teams that made it.

Sucks for SC but the boys had a good season overall definitely battled back almost making the playoffs. Not sure what game would be more instersting Poly and Delmar or Dover and Smyrna. Have Haass and Adkins or Velazquez and Carrow maybe starting for each team. Go Henlopen!!

I believe the chances would be pretty high. I'm sure Haass wants his rematch with Conrad again anyways. Poly definitely doesn't want to end their season two years in a row at Conrad.

Red Lion doesn't get in at 14-4. Gotta stop playing cupcake schedule. Was told they are moving to Diamond State next year. Great baseball conference.

Last edited:
Red Lion doesn't get in at 14-4. Gotta stop playing cupcake schedule. Was told they are move to Diamond State next year. Great baseball conference.
They're wins came against teams with a combined record of 53-132 with zero wins against teams with winning records. Lost bad to ranked teams (Caravel & Tower Hill). If they would have beaten Brandywine and/or Friends they may have been in, but they were not going anywhere. Better that they did not take a spot from a more competitive team. They will be challenged in the DSC next year.

Well If that's poly's plan they better hope Delmar doesn't throw Adkins !!!!!

Seems like every year some coach tries to get cute and holds arms for games that never get played. If Delmar puts Adkins on the mound you got to go with Haas. Take your chances that your #2 can beat Conrad if lucky enough to win that first game.

Reactions: CHS89
Seems like every year some coach tries to get cute and holds arms for games that never get played. If Delmar puts Adkins on the mound you got to go with Haas. Take your chances that your #2 can beat Conrad if lucky enough to win that first game.
Agreed...gotta go Haas if Delmar throws their #1. There is no tomorrow.

Sucks for SC but the boys had a good season overall definitely battled back almost making the playoffs. Not sure what game would be more instersting Poly and Delmar or Dover and Smyrna. Have Haass and Adkins or Velazquez and Carrow maybe starting for each team. Go Henlopen!!
SC had a great run at the end and would have been one of the harder teams to beat for sure.

Reactions: oldskool42
Middletown is beat up pretty badly as well but they can still swing the bats very well. I don't see Smyrna beating both of them because besides Carrow pitching hasn't been their strong point. However with out Dom Dover doesn't have a deep rotation after Turner it goes downhill pretty quickly.

Middletown is beat up pretty badly as well but they can still swing the bats very well. I don't see Smyrna beating both of them because besides Carrow pitching hasn't been their strong point. However with out Dom Dover doesn't have a deep rotation after Turner it goes downhill pretty quickly.
Casey is very good. Duke was scouting him the last time they played Middletown.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpStateFanatic
I like Smyrna's chances to win twos games on Saturday. Anyone know the status of Henderson's at all? What does everyone of S.Tech and St.E game? Don't know much about St.E and for Tech never know which team will show up for them.

What the hell?? Was hoping to talk some baseball with ya @CHS89 looks like that isn't happening anymore haha.
News to me. Always like seeing the Dover boys my son has played with and against over the years. We will catch up at Frawley later.

How did they switch the seeds like that? Your telling me DIAA didn't know about this last night either? Middletown got a bad draw know especially with Hodgson beating Middletown during the regular season. Dover got Linda screwed playing DMA and than Appo smh.

I like Smyrna's chances to win twos games on Saturday. Anyone know the status of Henderson's at all? What does everyone of S.Tech and St.E game? Don't know much about St.E and for Tech never know which team will show up for them.
Henderson is out with a broken hand he sustained 2 weeks ago.

Henderson is out with a broken hand he sustained 2 weeks ago.
On a Hit-by-pitch that the ump insisted hit the bat. Finished the at bat with fracture. Everyone but the ump could tell by the sound that flesh and bone was involved and not metal bat. Bizarre at best.

Not so sure about Henderson being out. I heard he was supposed to be throwing against Dover just isn't hitting.

How did they switch the seeds like that? Your telling me DIAA didn't know about this last night either? Middletown got a bad draw know especially with Hodgson beating Middletown during the regular season. Dover got Linda screwed playing DMA and than Appo smh.

Their is no such thing as getting screwed , numbers never lie , it might look like it because you beat someone who's seeded higher than you but if that was the case Cape would be #1 seed having gone 3-2 vs seeded teams above them and the 2 loses by combined 3 runs , system isnt perfect but every coach knows it and wants to gamble with their weak schedule and hope it's enough to get in

Way more than kind of![/QUOTE

Shame all those arms are hurt . Believe they would have made a strong run @ the championship game.On the bright side for the Cavs , they could be absolutely loaded on the mound next year if they all come back healthy & others pitch like they have ( with experience)

Has anyone seen henderson throw? I've heard from multiple sources say he's hitting upper 80s. If @senator is correct, smyrna could be scary with Carrow, casey, and henderson in a tournament setting

Reactions: youjustme
He does throw upper 80's again though can be wild. Like I said even before the schedule was switched Smyrna matches up well with Dover if Carrow and Henderson are available. Henderson can only pitch not cleared to hit yet is what I'm hearing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT