ADVERTISEMENT

UMASS gets Ber'Nyah Ward-Mayo and Stef Kulesza....

There is a reason none of the Delaware girls are going to UD. They are a sinking ship. New coach is in over her head and has had little to no success since taking the job. She has won because of the girls Tina Martin brought into UD. And all Tina’s players are gone except for this upcoming senior class. Things are heading in the wrong direction(record below) & they even lost to Delaware State this year. First time Del State beat them in 13 tries.

19-20 12-18
18-19 16-15
17-18 19-13

please understand some of the talent they want and need can't meet the qualifications to get into that school. And if they can they don't want to go to that school because that school does not have any TV time. They cant even get any TV time here in Delaware (which is another issue). They are getting TV time for the football which makes since, but the girls team since elana are not going to attract player until they can get a one or two player from Delaware who want to change the program and draw players there. and yes it i a two way street the coach has to be willing to give those girls a chance. the conrad girls along with fatty would have been great for them. lauren park lane was offered bur you seen where she went. The UD coach is not from Delaware. but she hasn't gotten into the community to asses some of the talent here. at least not enough to have a draw to the school.

please understand some of the talent they want and need can't meet the qualifications to get into that school. And if they can they don't want to go to that school because that school does not have any TV time. They cant even get any TV time here in Delaware (which is another issue). They are getting TV time for the football which makes since, but the girls team since elana are not going to attract player until they can get a one or two player from Delaware who want to change the program and draw players there. and yes it i a two way street the coach has to be willing to give those girls a chance. the conrad girls along with fatty would have been great for them. lauren park lane was offered bur you seen where she went. The UD coach is not from Delaware. but she hasn't gotten into the community to asses some of the talent here. at least not enough to have a draw to the school.

Every player you mentioned has higher academic standards at the college they are going to attend. So that isn’t the issue at hand. UD is not very hard to get into and do not have that high of academic standards especially if you are an in state player. I’ve only seen the Delaware coaches at 2 schools and only once or twice.

Gotta be first time two girls or boys go D1 to the same school
Elena Delle Donne and Kayla Miller both ended up at the same school. Kayla transferred to UD from GW after one semester.

Lenny Brown and Gary Lumpkin played together at Xavier in the late '90s.

Every player you mentioned has higher academic standards at the college they are going to attend. So that isn’t the issue at hand. UD is not very hard to get into and do not have that high of academic standards especially if you are an in state player. I’ve only seen the Delaware coaches at 2 schools and only once or twice.
You can say many things about UD, but to say its academic standards aren't very high is flat-out wrong. It is a very good school, and there are plenty of kids who cannot get in. The other posters here are correct. UD has made little to no effort to recruit in-state. The CAA is a good conference, but it isn't quite the caliber of others.

Not every player they get has to be Fatty or Stef or Julie. This state has produced other talented players who could help that program. It appears they aren't even trying.

Some people on these posts are living a dream. I'm a person that deals with kids in the Wilmington, Newark, bear, Middleton, and some lower that i come in contact with as far finding the right schools to fit them for academics and athletics. And i have talked to the past coaches at UD for both boys and girls and various sports. And the main issue out of the coaches there state that they would love to get the top talent in Delaware. They cant because the academic standards to get that school is to high. There are kids who can't get into the school coming out of high school but could get after a year or two in college. And then there is the coaching. Sorry on the girls side there were several players that told some of my players not to go to that school back when tina martin was coaching. The rumor was she was never at practice and her girlfriend ran practice. That got out to a lot players who was considering to go there. And the girls they wanted was not a one of the private schools. unfortunately a lot of them don't qualify for the school. This new coach feels there is no talent here to recruit except for Sanford Alum lauryn park lane. they couldn't adrianna hahn, caroline davis. The next big thing in delaware is the caravel sophomore. They cant get her either and the caravel coach is an UD alum. They have to find a way to connect early with some of these players and there not doing it. The del state coach is doing a way better job getting players in delaware and they really have no exposure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT